Your new BFF

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abhorred

Reaction score
I'm Abhorred but sometimes I'm also judged and held in comtempt.

I'm 16, I play volleyball and soccer.
I'm a Vegan and I love everything Salvador Dali and Bob Dylan. I still watch Spongebob.
I don't have my license yet because that's the extent of how unexcited I am to socialize with my peers.
I don't like most of the people in my school because they are stupid. I don't tell them that outright because that would be mean, so my only choice is living a life of near monkhood.

Don't get me wrong, I have lots of friends and I'd be lying if I compared myself to my hero Josie Geller (Never Been Kissed). But I'm not good at bonding with people.

Anyway, I hope to meet a lot of nice people on here... I can't think of a good closer so here's a hedgehog wearing tiny red galoshes.

tumblr_lbqsj2tu4G1qzhheeo1_500.jpg

Hi Abhorred :)

Abhorred said:
I'm a Vegan and I love everything Salvador Dali and Bob Dylan. I still watch Spongebob.

I'm a vegetarian, and I still watch Spongebob :D

Hey Abhorred a very warm welcome here. The ppl here are amazing as you will probually find out and many experiencing some of the same feelings your having. Your not alone by any stretch of the imagination.

Now for the good stuff-lets see if we find a bright red firetruck for that kewl hedgehog to ride in. lol :)

Abhorred said:
I'm Abhorred but sometimes I'm also judged and held in comtempt.

I don't have my license yet because that's the extent of how unexcited I am to socialize with my peers.
I don't like most of the people in my school because they are stupid. I don't tell them that outright because that would be mean, so my only choice is living a life of near monkhood.

Don't get me wrong, I have lots of friends and I'd be lying if I compared myself to my hero Josie Geller (Never Been Kissed). But I'm not good at bonding with people.

Anyway, I hope to meet a lot of nice people on here... I can't think of a good closer so here's a hedgehog wearing tiny red galoshes.

tumblr_lbqsj2tu4G1qzhheeo1_500.jpg

Abhorred, your life so closely resembles mine at 16. Let me let you in on a little secret, they are stupid and you're not. John Lennon once said in this interview I read that in school they weren't teaching him anything useful because his intellect was higher then not only his peers but his instructors. I read this my Sr. year of high school and wished I had read it in 4th grade.

Just because you have the integrity to be yourself and not be a sheep in line with the rest of them, wearing the same cloths, having all the same "stuff" means something about your character ind I.Q. You're not a person who respects people unworthy of it maybe?

Do you like to read?

Punisher said:
Hi Abhorred :)

Abhorred said:

I'm a vegetarian, and I still watch Spongebob :D

Spongebob is like one of the best shows ever. He teaches so many morals. I wish I had a ride-or-die friend like Patrick lol. I remember the first time I saw it in the "newer" animation. I thought my TV screen magically cleared up.

AncientBard said:
Abhorred, your life so closely resembles mine at 16. Let me let you in on a little secret, they are stupid and you're not. John Lennon once said in this interview I read that in school they weren't teaching him anything useful because his intellect was higher then not only his peers but his instructors. I read this my Sr. year of high school and wished I had read it in 4th grade.

Just because you have the integrity to be yourself and not be a sheep in line with the rest of them, wearing the same cloths, having all the same "stuff" means something about your character ind I.Q. You're not a person who respects people unworthy of it maybe?

Do you like to read?

I love reading. I read all the time and all my friends think it's unhealthy the amount of time I spend at lunch by myself reading. I really love Kurt Vonnegut. He's so amazing, I wish I had friends like him.

Aww hi everyone who replied. You guys are so nice. :) How's everyone day going?

Abhorred said:
I love reading. I read all the time and all my friends think it's unhealthy the amount of time I spend at lunch by myself reading. I really love Kurt Vonnegut. He's so amazing, I wish I had friends like him.

Aww hi everyone who replied. You guys are so nice. :) How's everyone day going?

I love Kurt Vonnegut! Slaughterhouse-Five is amongst my favorite books of all time, I was reading a man without a country the day he passed. Are you a novel only kind of person or do you like other types of books? Maybe we can pass some favorites back and forth :D

AncientBard said:
I love Kurt Vonnegut! Slaughterhouse-Five is amongst my favorite books of all time, I was reading a man without a country the day he passed. Are you a novel only kind of person or do you like other types of books? Maybe we can pass some favorites back and forth :D

That's so creepy. o:
I like all kinds of books. I read lots of nonfiction because someone once said that all fiction comes from nonfiction because you need a truth in order to make a story around it.
Right now I'm reading The Quran (because I'm tired of anti-muslim prejudice and I'd rather figure them out instead of just being ignorant), Relativity: The Special and General Theory by Einstein and Speak Memory just for fun because I really like Vladimir Nabokov.
And of course, I'm finishing up the Gossip Girl series. But that's because I'm 16. :p

Abhorred said:
That's so creepy. o:
I like all kinds of books. I read lots of nonfiction because someone once said that all fiction comes from nonfiction because you need a truth in order to make a story around it.
Right now I'm reading The Quran (because I'm tired of anti-muslim prejudice and I'd rather figure them out instead of just being ignorant), Relativity: The Special and General Theory by Einstein and Speak Memory just for fun because I really like Vladimir Nabokov.
And of course, I'm finishing up the Gossip Girl series. But that's because I'm 16. :p

Oddly enough it wasn't creepy, I kind of gave me a little solace in my sadness. I was admittedly melancholy when he passed, my favorite pessimist he was. I've read the Quran but it seemed like reading the bible, some of the stories I think are the same being penned by different people. At least it seemed that way to me. Muslim's have over a thousand sanctioned holy books, I didn't find it engaging enough to read on any further. The last three I read were Keith Richards auto biography (but that's because I'm a musician) A new earth by Eckhart Tolle, The way of the peaceful warrior (I give this book 5 starts) and I just finished LOTR for probably my 5th time. I'm trying to figure out why there's two different types of Orcs in the movie but not the book, I know it's such a waste of time but I want to know! dam it! :D

I think my all time favorite Books I just automatically recommend to anyone are first and foremost Cosmic Trigger by Robert Anton Wilson, then your brain is God by Timothy Leary and I really have always adored Salem's Lot by Stephen King. I believe I like all three of these titles because they scared the crap out of me when I read them. I've known people to throw cosmic trigger across the room while reading it and not pick it up again for months because it screwed with their head so badly.

I, like you, read a lot when I was your age and feeling the same things about your peer group and so called education. Read cosmic trigger if you can, it may open up some doors of perception. It has for everyone I've known who's read it. I'm grateful to find another reader on the boards :)

I like to read too and have an account on librarything.com :)

Welcome to ALL. ^_^

I'm not sure if this helps but... my theory is that most intelligent people feel similar during high-school, it's a cruel transition from complete dependence into adulthood and I never really feels right for anyone. You hit 15 and look around you only to realize that everyone has started to look the same; same dramas, same stereotypes, same sad existence... You know there is something missing from life, but your still a little confused what it is...

And the worst thing is that you wont find it until High-school ends, when you are all finally given the opportunity to find out who you really are without the influence and pressure put on you by family, teachers & peers. You'll find that some of the 'stupid' people you know now, felt just as confined as you & unfortunately, you will realize that some of the people you look up to now...are actually kind of sad :/

Good news is though, you will survive! When you finally make it past the "oh no, what do I do now" stage that often follows year 12, you will find that life actually start to look up as you discover where you want to go with your life & find that place where you fit right in.

In the mean time though, keep your head up & your mind open!
Here if you need a friend

Welcome :) Your a vegan? I could lean some things from you :p I am vegatarian and am not quite sure how to make the process over. I use eggs and cheese for protien...lol I think Salvador Dali was a genius. It's iteresting that his parents to him to his brothers grave (who had died before he was born) and told him that he was the reincarnation of his brother. It's said that Dali believed that. Have you read his novel Hidden Faces? Welcome again :) Feel free to come into caht soemtime. You can find the link in the upper right corner beside help.

Latest posts

Back