'Lo to all you regulars

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bread

Reaction score
What can I tell of myself? Well, hardly anything, being the sort of a distrusting git that I am. Mind you, not british, but whenever I write I tend to revert to using the lingo. Must be all that influence of Monty Python and assorted british humour.

Still, without sidetracking too much from my short initial bio, here's the gist of it: I'm a twentysomething man living in 'Finland'.

As for further details, I don't want/can't divulge a whole lot at this point. Always had some trust issues with new online communities, and generally warm up to people very, very, very slowly. 'First you try, then you trust.'

I don't generally manage to attach myself places and people. All too often I've just loafed around an online community, for instance, and just drifted into obscurity after finally deciding to move on. Don't like to make a big deal about it, either. I generally dislike bawling and whining about my problems- which leaves in question why am I here, then? It's not that I'm antisocial. I just notice that people always drift away (home, school and finally the working life) from me, so I don't make the emotional investment into people anymore.

I am lonesome. I thought about getting a pet, when my finances finally allow it. Still got to wrap up my current education which I've paid for out of my own pocket ('My pockets hurt!') and moving early next year since my neighbours are driving me nuts. Still, all is not in the metaphorical drain- I got my older brother, still, and he's proven to be great help and support. I feel guilty that I can't pay him back, to be honest. But that's it. All I got is my bro, when push comes to shove. But reading some stuff on this forum, I know to appriciate what I got there. But I can't talk to him. We don't talk about personal problems in the family, and even if I'm on better terms with him than the rest of them.

So, the 'gist of it'. Might've turned a bit too much like the ramblings of an old man, but I find that it's refreshing to write my thoughts down from time to time. Better than talking to oneself or having a conversation with the wall, I'd say. Guess that's one of the reasons I finally decided to join up, even if I feel like 'opening up' as I have will ultimately have dread results. Internet and anonymity and all that jazz.

Might be here today, gone tomorrow.

Bread said:
What can I tell of myself? Well, hardly anything, being the sort of a distrusting git that I am. Mind you, not british, but whenever I write I tend to revert to using the lingo. Must be all that influence of Monty Python and assorted british humour.

Still, without sidetracking too much from my short initial bio, here's the gist of it: I'm a twentysomething man living in 'Finland'.

As for further details, I don't want/can't divulge a whole lot at this point. Always had some trust issues with new online communities, and generally warm up to people very, very, very slowly. 'First you try, then you trust.'

I don't generally manage to attach myself places and people. All too often I've just loafed around an online community, for instance, and just drifted into obscurity after finally deciding to move on. Don't like to make a big deal about it, either. I generally dislike bawling and whining about my problems- which leaves in question why am I here, then? It's not that I'm antisocial. I just notice that people always drift away (home, school and finally the working life) from me, so I don't make the emotional investment into people anymore.

I am lonesome. I thought about getting a pet, when my finances finally allow it. Still got to wrap up my current education which I've paid for out of my own pocket ('My pockets hurt!') and moving early next year since my neighbours are driving me nuts. Still, all is not in the metaphorical drain- I got my older brother, still, and he's proven to be great help and support. I feel guilty that I can't pay him back, to be honest. But that's it. All I got is my bro, when push comes to shove. But reading some stuff on this forum, I know to appriciate what I got there. But I can't talk to him. We don't talk about personal problems in the family, and even if I'm on better terms with him than the rest of them.

So, the 'gist of it'. Might've turned a bit too much like the ramblings of an old man, but I find that it's refreshing to write my thoughts down from time to time. Better than talking to oneself or having a conversation with the wall, I'd say. Guess that's one of the reasons I finally decided to join up, even if I feel like 'opening up' as I have will ultimately have dread results. Internet and anonymity and all that jazz.

Might be here today, gone tomorrow.

Hi there, and welcome to the forum.
How long you stay is up to you. Hopefully, you will take a little something positive with you when you decide to leave. It's been a good "resting" place for a lot of people I believe. Also, you tend to get a wee bit more out of it, if you're willing to put a little something into it, at least from my experience. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Again, welcome. :)

Many thanks, you all. And appriciated the gift o' song, bard. Happens to be one of my favourite songs.

Bread said:
Many thanks, you all. And appriciated the gift o' song, bard. Happens to be one of my favourite songs.

One of mine as well, you are very welcome Bread :)

Latest posts

Back