Vegan/Vegetarians

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abhorred

Reaction score
It's not in my place to make a club for us, but I just thought it would be cool to see how many Vegs are out here.

I've been vegetarian since I was 10 but I've only recently converted to Veganism when I realized that eating eggs and drinking milk pretty much did the same damage as abstaining from meat.

I'm also gluten and wheat free.

Going Vegan was so hard because the first statement I'd get is "you'll die without calcium/protein/iron."

I'd always reply cheerfully, "I know!" Because some people are so silly they really think the only way to get those nutrients are from milk and eggs. If that was true then every lactose intolerant person would be dead. So that's reasoning I use against super anti-Vegans.

Are you Vegan or Vegetarian? How did you make the decision? Do you have any good recipes? How do you deal with some people who think you're just a creepy treehugger?

i'm vegan, so +1 to us!

So cool that you have been vegetarian since you were 10. i only have about 5 years vegetarian, and the last 3 of these as vegan.

and... well, i made the decision to go vegan after a person i love showed me it was not hard at all - and i was thinking about finally doing this for years prior. so... i just made the switch. never looked back since.

i suppose i was always creepy - being a treehugger is probably the least of my worries.

If vegetarians love animals so much, why do they eat all their food? (crs)

**** Nilla ;) lol

Okay, I'm too **** complicated to go into all the aspects of what I am and what I will and won't eat, so I'll just say I don't eat meat, I don't wear leather, and I eat dairy. There's more to it, but I'm stopping there.

I haven't eaten meat for almost 10 years now.

I don't really give a flying rat's ass what people think about it. It's my life and I'll do with it as I please. Yeah, I get all the comments most people who don't eat meat get, but I just brush it off. It's my personal choice so screw what everyone else thinks. I don't preach to them about it. :D

VanillaCreme said:

Because I think it would be meaner to eat an animal than share some lettuce with them.

VanillaCreme said:

well you see, it's not out of love of animals - but out of hate for plants, MUWA-HA-HA!!!

joking, ofc.

however... if vegetarians eat veggies - what do humanitarians eat?
(old but good :D)

I'm a vegetarian, but I don't eat fish or eggs.

I felt too guilty eating animals (ono). I'm not an animal lover, but I don't hate them either. I just don't want to eat them.

No one thinks I'm a tree hugger. I couldn't care less about the trees and the seas :p

VanillaCreme said:

I don't love delicious, juicy animals *drools*

My brother-in-law once said to me..."those poor tobacco trees"

Yeah, enough said. I laughed my ASS off at that comment.

Abhorred said:
VanillaCreme said:

Because I think it would be meaner to eat an animal than share some lettuce with them.

I only have two things to say:

1) Plants are living creatures too.

2) I'll eat a bacon cheeseburger in front of a pig and a cow, with no remorse. (D)

It takes more water, electricity and natural resources to raise cattle.
Also I just don't want to eat meat.
Why do meat eaters get so defensive? :p

Who cares what takes more. We are ALL doing our individual part in ******* up this world. If it weren't one thing, it'd be another.

VanillaCreme said:
Abhorred said:
VanillaCreme said:

I only have two things to say:

1) Plants are living creatures too.

2) I'll eat a bacon cheeseburger in front of a pig and a cow, with no remorse. (D)

1) I don't eat anything with a FACE. lol

2) it's okay, I'll handle the remorse for ya :D

Hm.. I eat perhaps 1 gram of meat per 1-2 year(s) (excluding any random bugs that decide they want to be eaten while I'm sleeping), do I count? :p
Well really just stopped eating meat about 10 years ago because I can't stand its taste (much like I can't stand olives or cauliflower, for example). So I try a tiny little bit every once in a while just to remember why I hate the taste. :p But really, to be honest, I don't think I'd start eating it again even if I began to like the taste (unless perhaps if it was the most tasteful food or of course if I was starving and nothing else would be available).

Two of my half-sisters are vegetarians, but all I see them eat are things like Twinkies and cheese pizza. I'm not a vegetarian though, I really need some kind of meat in my life.

Here's what I want to know. Do vegans find non-vegans disgusting? I mean, could a vegan eat with someone who is eating meat? Does talk about foods that feature meat turn vegans off?

I'm not getting defensive. I just don't get what you's eat. No wheat, no eggs, no meat, most - if not all - dairy is out... What's there to eat? Grass and dirt. Do you drink water? You're still taking away from animals when you drink water, especially the fish. I mean, if I were dying of thirst, I'd push a cow over to get some water.

Cathedral said:
Two of my half-sisters are vegetarians, but all I see them eat are things like Twinkies and cheese pizza. I'm not a vegetarian though, I really need some kind of meat in my life.

Well, those don't have meat products in them...twinkies are seriously gross tho...so to each their own, I suppose

jjam said:
Here's what I want to know. Do vegans find non-vegans disgusting? I mean, could a vegan eat with someone who is eating meat? Does talk about foods that feature meat turn vegans off?

I eat with people who eat meat, I just don't focus on them. I'm okay with others doing as they please, it's their life and their choice, just the same as not eating meat is my choice.

VanillaCreme said:
I'm not getting defensive. I just don't get what you's eat. No wheat, no eggs, no meat, most - if not all - dairy is out... What's there to eat? Grass and dirt. Do you drink water? You're still taking away from animals when you drink water, especially the fish. I mean, if I were dying of thirst, I'd push a cow over to get some water.

I chomp on some delicious air :D

I am vegan, not only that but a healthy vegan, so I cannot really eat out, since the only vegan food eateries will have usually is junk food. I have to take healthy vegan food wherever I go, it is quite inconvenient, but whatever.

I took out from the library the novel, The Jungle written by the muck-rucker Utpon Sinclair after he investigated the meat-packing industry of Chicago. I was gonna read it, but never did, instead it was the Norton Classics edition with lots of real non-fiction articles about the early 20th Century and even contemporary meat-packing industry in the back. After I read those articles I felt so bad about the horrible treatment of animals, but I couldn't go vegan/vegetarian since I am epicly lazy and relied on my mother to cook for me. About a year later my cat which I had for 14 years was very sick and emaciated and I neglected her condition for weeks before taking her to the vet. While at the vet, she was diagnosed as having cancer. The vet asked for permission to sedate her, since she could not examine the cat otherwise, I accented. Soon after my cat went into convulsions, she was writhing and dying on the floor in front of me. Eventually the vet asked me if I wanted to put her down or revive her, and I put her down.

After that I realized that there is no difference between the suffering of my cat which I loved and animals I eat for meat. That those animals feel pain just as much, infact they suffer alot more. I realized I was a hypocrite to have only compassion for my meat eating cat, and not other animals, that they have just as much, maybe more personality as she exhibited. So I immediately went vegetarian but soon went full vegan.

i don't eat meat, eggs and milk products because they stink and gross and not cause i pity the animals, though i think it's horrible what's going on with them...
i do eat fish, sea creatures and honey. i like raw fish (sashimi :>) and hate eating it cooked, though most of the time that's what i do to have my omega and b12

I became vegetarian within the past year. I did it for ethical reasons. I was raised eating meat and just chose not to think about where it came from. Then one day I watched some videos of animal abuse in factory farms, and just stopped eating meat. I was disgusted with myself for supporting these industries for as long as I did. I guess I always fooled myself into thinking that the animals were treated alright, and their deaths were instant and painless. I'm happy to see there's some others on this forum who are vegetarian.

Latest posts

Back