I'm a Newbie, 18 y/o female from Melbourne area, Australia

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melonyellow

Reaction score
Just finished year 12, unemployed seeking employment, enrolled to study year 12 again part time next year - biology, chemistry and English.

Here because while I've always been quite independent, circumstances have caused me to become extremely withdrawn. So now after having left school I'm finding it difficult to become involved incidentally with my old 'social group' from school. I won't get too far into it here.

Anyway, I want to meet people with a similar mindset to me or similar interests or people who are just tolerant and observant and can see the bigger picture.

I am (or was) a keen artist, and I like a lot of extreme music. I gave up playing guitar after many failed attempts to start a band, but I intend to pick it up again soon. I am now trying to live as ethically and frugally as my finances and current circumstances permit, and just taking a break enjoying the sunshine, reading a lot and pondering the bigger questions.

I've recently had problems with severe stress and anxiety and while this has improved since the end of school, it continues to be an ongoing problem which is impacting on other areas of my life, particularly when it comes to social interactions in public places.

So that's a bit about me, I'm to tired to remember what the last paragraph was going to be about...:rolleyes:

Welcome to the site :)

Welcome! There are many nice people on here so I am sure there are plenty of people who can relate to what you are experiencing. If you ever need to talk, feel free to do so. The band thing sounds really cool. I hope that works out for you. I have always wanted to be able to play guitar. Perhaps you can be the next Orianthi, except with extreme music instead of pop :D

Latest posts

Back