hi

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inadarkplace

Reaction score
I joined for the obvious reasons. Really hating life right now and thought maybe it would help if I found others that feel the same.

Christmas is especially hard when you are alone. I have family but none of them live near me. I have 2 sons, but as they've grown older, it seems like they are leaving me behind. They won't be here with me for Christmas.

I bend over backwards to help people and to seem positive on the outside. I've tried joining groups and volunteering and going to church. Somehow, nothing fills the void.

Sorry to dump this here, just had to express myself somewhere. I haven't had anyone to truly talk to in many years.

Welcome to the site.
The holidays are rough on many of us due to being alone and other reasons, but you have found a place where you can talk all you want.

I think one of my problems is that I tend to be a person who enjoys and clings to traditions. Naturally, Christmas has a lot of traditions wrapped up in it. So part of me wants to continue with all the traditions (by myself), but the other part of me finds that to be a very lonely exercise. So I find myself in a stalemate, not wanting to do anything.

Do any of you have this problem, and if so how do you deal with it?

Hi inadarkplace!

My Christmas tradition is to hate the church and dig Jesus Christ, he was awesome. I hope we all do well this season, it's hard on the lonely.

Hi inadarkplace :)

I know exactly what you mean, but I'm just trying to forget about being lonely, and I'm gonna try have a nice Christmas.

Welcome dark! I cannot say I have had a similar experience. Actually I have the opposite. I see people with their traditions (not just holiday ones) and wish I had traditions that I could participate in. If you really enjoy the tradition, I think you should continue it. Perhaps if you continue the tradition it can bring you some small bit of happiness you did not expect. Anyhow, good luck!

inadarkplace said:
I think one of my problems is that I tend to be a person who enjoys and clings to traditions. Naturally, Christmas has a lot of traditions wrapped up in it. So part of me wants to continue with all the traditions (by myself), but the other part of me finds that to be a very lonely exercise. So I find myself in a stalemate, not wanting to do anything.

Do any of you have this problem, and if so how do you deal with it?

Hey inadarkplace.

i would do all the traditions myself.
this guy named Rex Weiler said to one of my friends once, "if you know what the right thing to do is - even if noone would stand beside you - do it. alone if you must."
different context, but.. i do agree.

loneliness can be a terrible burden, but i would try to make my time as pleasant as i can possibly make it. it will still be far better than some others would have. i would try to enjoy what i have not out of any superior feelings, but out of gratitude.

and... perhaps you could invite a neighbour, or someone in your community that is living alone. i know that in some places that would not be a good idea - but... perhaps it's something you could do?

in any case - i hope you will find this forum a place where you can speak freely, and will find openness, and welcoming words.

you have mine.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((Inadarkplace))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Big hug. Welcome to the forum. :)

LGH1288 said:
Hi! Yes, this can be a difficult time of year for some of us, myself included. I hope you'll be joining us at ALL on XMAS day for MavChat's impromptu gathering so I can hang some lights on your new avatar's tree! LG:)

LG, your so cute....lol I'm so glad your here. :)

I"m glad LGH is here too :D.

To The Original Poster: maybe it's time you make new traditions for christmas.

Latest posts

Back