Single And Lonely

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Licentia

Reaction score
Hey,

I just found this forum while searching the 'net.

Tonight I watched the movie "Edward Scissorhands." I remember watching this movie in the past and I recalled that it was a touching and sad story. Winona Ryder's character falls in love with Edward in this movie, but they can't be together in the end. Sad...

Anyway, here I am having spent Christmas alone. Not having anyone special to spend it with. I mean, I hung out with my good Christian friends last Sunday and that was great. I wouldn't want to hang out with my adopted family, even if I lived in the same city. I'm not in contact with my birth family either because they don't want to be.

I just wish I could have a romance like the one in the movie. I did fall in love once, but she was much older and I was very emotionally immature. My feelings faded and I moved on. It was good though I suppose - due to the age difference - except that I have not had a lover like that ever since.

One problem that I see is that I can't seem to find anyone like me. Well, except for one. My friend who lives half-way around the world in Australia. She seems to be so much like me, but she doesn't want a boyfriend. A few months ago another guy she talked to requested to hook up with her and she was really put off. She really doesn't want a boyfriend and so she made me promise that I would never fall in love with her as she wanted to ensure we are always friends. Because I care so much for her, I agreed.

Another problem is perhaps that I am too picky. However, I have tended to attract some very low-quality women over the years. It's not like the mega-babes are interested in me because they like to go clubbing and I don't. I'm just different and I am happy to remain different. Maybe I should try to go clubbing and become that person and things would change? But that just isn't me...

Anyway, maybe in a forum like this I can find someone like me. My friend in Aussie is kind of anti-social like me and that is why we click so well, because we understand each-other.

Anyway, I am babbling and I am not really sure what I am trying to accomplish with this post. I just need to dump and I have no one else available right now to talk to.

Thanks for having me in your forum,

Licentia

Licentia said:
Hey,

I just found this forum while searching the 'net.

Tonight I watched the movie "Edward Scissorhands." I remember watching this movie in the past and I recalled that it was a touching and sad story. Winona Ryder's character falls in love with Edward in this movie, but they can't be together in the end. Sad...

Anyway, here I am having spent Christmas alone. Not having anyone special to spend it with. I mean, I hung out with my good Christian friends last Sunday and that was great. I wouldn't want to hang out with my adopted family, even if I lived in the same city. I'm not in contact with my birth family either because they don't want to be.

I just wish I could have a romance like the one in the movie. I did fall in love once, but she was much older and I was very emotionally immature. My feelings faded and I moved on. It was good though I suppose - due to the age difference - except that I have not had a lover like that ever since.

One problem that I see is that I can't seem to find anyone like me. Well, except for one. My friend who lives half-way around the world in Australia. She seems to be so much like me, but she doesn't want a boyfriend. A few months ago another guy she talked to requested to hook up with her and she was really put off. She really doesn't want a boyfriend and so she made me promise that I would never fall in love with her as she wanted to ensure we are always friends. Because I care so much for her, I agreed.

Another problem is perhaps that I am too picky. However, I have tended to attract some very low-quality women over the years. It's not like the mega-babes are interested in me because they like to go clubbing and I don't. I'm just different and I am happy to remain different. Maybe I should try to go clubbing and become that person and things would change? But that just isn't me...

Anyway, maybe in a forum like this I can find someone like me. My friend in Aussie is kind of anti-social like me and that is why we click so well, because we understand each-other.

Anyway, I am babbling and I am not really sure what I am trying to accomplish with this post. I just need to dump and I have no one else available right now to talk to.

Thanks for having me in your forum,

Licentia

I'll drink to this post.. Being lonely and single sucks..

One of the worst thing's you can do is change who you are to suit other's.. I disagree about you changing because you sound like an awesome guy who would be awesome to sit and chat with. I just got out of a 3 year relationship myself so I know exactly how you feel. It sucks. Being alone... Anti social.. describes me perfectly.. I'm no good for the pub scene either. I hate being around heaps of people so I know exactly how you feel.

I was so close to someone who was in America.. We had such a good friendship but he lives over your side i'm assuming :L so it sucks so much. Well i'm here if you want someone to chat to :)
Keep on smiling your gorgeous smile and i'm sure someone will notice you and be like wow.. he look's great :)

Ooh and welcome by the way ;D .. i'm sure you will be welcomed with open arm's like I was.

Welcome to the forum Licentia.

LuckieDuckie said:

One of the worst thing's you can do is change who you are to suit other's.. I disagree about you changing because you sound like an awesome guy who would be awesome to sit and chat with. I just got out of a 3 year relationship myself so I know exactly how you feel. It sucks. Being alone... Anti social.. describes me perfectly.. I'm no good for the pub scene either. I hate being around heaps of people so I know exactly how you feel.

Thank-you so much. I need a blush smiley but there isn't one available. :)

Sorry about the downer relationship. :( Just take your time and don't rush into another one. You will grow with time into someone who will attract a quality man. :)

Love hearing you say the word "heaps." You sound just like my friend from Aussie!

Yay! I think I found a forum with other people like me!

I was so close to someone who was in America.. We had such a good friendship but he lives over your side i'm assuming :L so it sucks so much. Well i'm here if you want someone to chat to :)
Keep on smiling your gorgeous smile and i'm sure someone will notice you and be like wow.. he look's great :)

Thanks so much! You have a very sweet heart.

Sorry that you can't be closer to your friend from America. It is so cool that we can meet people we would never know via the internet, but it also makes it painful that we are so far away.

I'm in Canada actually, thank God! America is falling apart right now.

Ooh and welcome by the way ;D .. i'm sure you will be welcomed with open arm's like I was.

Thank-you! I hope you can spend your Christmas out on the beach or something. Canadians can't really do that at Christmas time.

Take care!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Licentia said:
LuckieDuckie said:

Thank-you so much. I need a blush smiley but there isn't one available. :)

Sorry about the downer relationship. :( Just take your time and don't rush into another one. You will grow with time into someone who will attract a quality man. :)

Love hearing you say the word "heaps." You sound just like my friend from Aussie!

Yay! I think I found a forum with other people like me!

Thanks so much! You have a very sweet heart.

Sorry that you can't be closer to your friend from America. It is so cool that we can meet people we would never know via the internet, but it also makes it painful that we are so far away.

I'm in Canada actually, thank God! America is falling apart right now.

Thank-you! I hope you can spend your Christmas out on the beach or something. Canadians can't really do that at Christmas time.

Take care!

o_O It's my personality, I just type the way I talk so sometimes people don't understand what i'm trying to say, I've never been overseas so the Australian slang is like.. my vocabulary and when I try to say something my friend's overseas will be like.. Wow what is she saying?

Nope I spent christmas staring out the window.. It was pouring down rain here plus Santa didn't visit - I'm not heartbroken about it, Just gotta keep smiling :D

Aww :D I've never made anyone blush before and if I have they haven't told me so to know i've made someone blush is such an awesome feeling ;D.

Well when I read your post I was like .. awesome-sauce this dude is like me! then I was confused about thinking that was a good thing or not :L I wish I could take away everyone's pain and put it on myself. It's so much better if everyone around me is happy :)

Canadian's have the best accent in my opinion. Them and British. So if you travel i'm sure you will meet that girl who will take your breath away - finger's crossed you do. As for a relationship, i'm not looking, i'm keeping my head down and studying law. My last man crashed and burned me pretty bad (not literally but he did use my heart for a soccer ball) There's only room for one man in my life and that's my pet snake.

You made my day with the sweet heart comment - I'm not told that very often so thank you. I got that warm fuzzy feeling :cool: haha.
It's a pleasure meeting you Will be looking forward to reading your reply ^^ - Hope you had an awesome-sauce christmas

~Luckie

(Ps. Lol it told me to reduce my smiles D; )

Hello guys
I am also lonely and want to share some of my stories too but I wish you to get someone who can care and love you and understand you in every situation.

Angus said:
Hello guys
I am also lonely and want to share some of my stories too but I wish you to get someone who can care and love you and understand you in every situation.

Give it a try - Someone on here will surely know what your going through ^^

LuckieDuckie said:
o_O It's my personality, I just type the way I talk so sometimes people don't understand what i'm trying to say, I've never been overseas so the Australian slang is like.. my vocabulary and when I try to say something my friend's overseas will be like.. Wow what is she saying?

Hey there, your English makes perfect sense to me, no worries.

Nope I spent christmas staring out the window.. It was pouring down rain here plus Santa didn't visit - I'm not heartbroken about it, Just gotta keep smiling :D

No gifts from anyone? Yikes... :( If we become good friends I assure you I will get santa to visit you next year. I have connections, being closer to the North Pole, you know...

I sent my friend an "Aussie Chocky Stocking" that I found at a gift shop online. I just had to send her something. Caring with words is one thing, but caring with actions is another and I needed to know that I cared about her that much.

Aww :D I've never made anyone blush before and if I have they haven't told me so to know i've made someone blush is such an awesome feeling ;D.

*Blushes again...

I'm glad you're feeling better about yourself, lol.

Well when I read your post I was like .. awesome-sauce this dude is like me! then I was confused about thinking that was a good thing or not :L I wish I could take away everyone's pain and put it on myself. It's so much better if everyone around me is happy :)

Well, I think it is a relief in many ways to know that there are others like you. Earlier this year I was living with my adopted mother. She criticized, put me down, etc., with her words. I finally found a book online that described both her and I perfectly. At that point I realized that my Mother was the sick one. She always told me that I was the trouble-maker and she was the perfect mom. So I came to believe that there was something uniquely wrong with me over the years.

Canadian's have the best accent in my opinion. Them and British. So if you travel i'm sure you will meet that girl who will take your breath away - finger's crossed you do. As for a relationship, i'm not looking, i'm keeping my head down and studying law. My last man crashed and burned me pretty bad (not literally but he did use my heart for a soccer ball) There's only room for one man in my life and that's my pet snake.

That is very sweet to say. After meeting my friend in Aussie and showing a vid of her to a good friend here in Canada he said: "Aussie accents are my favourite." Since then I have grown to love the Aussie accent myself.

Wow! Please tell me more about your pet snake. I'd be scared to live in Aussie because of all of the non-pet snakes crawling around.

You are studying Law? To be a lawyer?

You made my day with the sweet heart comment - I'm not told that very often so thank you. I got that warm fuzzy feeling :cool: haha.
It's a pleasure meeting you Will be looking forward to reading your reply ^^ - Hope you had an awesome-sauce christmas

It's a pleasure meeting you too. :)

~Luckie

(Ps. Lol it told me to reduce my smiles D; )

They don't want you to be too happy I guess. Geez, limits on smiles should be illegal! Just go to McDonalds, I think you can have as many as you want for free. At least they advertise free smiles here in Canada.

Actually, I wonder if you stood in there all day asking for smiles what would happen? They would probably toss you out or call the police, lol. ;)

"No more smiles for you!" :club:

Hey Buddy!!! Sounds like you're picky, that's good, so am I.

Luckily there is an easy fix.

SocratesX said:
Hey Buddy!!! Sounds like you're picky, that's good, so am I.

Luckily there is an easy fix.

Oh yes? What is the easy fix to my picky-ness?

I found a blush smiley:

Face-Blush-120px.png

Licentia said:
LuckieDuckie said:

Hey there, your English makes perfect sense to me, no worries.

No gifts from anyone? Yikes... :( If we become good friends I assure you I will get santa to visit you next year. I have connections, being closer to the North Pole, you know...

I sent my friend an "Aussie Chocky Stocking" that I found at a gift shop online. I just had to send her something. Caring with words is one thing, but caring with actions is another and I needed to know that I cared about her that much.

*Blushes again...

I'm glad you're feeling better about yourself, lol.

Well, I think it is a relief in many ways to know that there are others like you. Earlier this year I was living with my adopted mother. She criticized, put me down, etc., with her words. I finally found a book online that described both her and I perfectly. At that point I realized that my Mother was the sick one. She always told me that I was the trouble-maker and she was the perfect mom. So I came to believe that there was something uniquely wrong with me over the years.

That is very sweet to say. After meeting my friend in Aussie and showing a vid of her to a good friend here in Canada he said: "Aussie accents are my favourite." Since then I have grown to love the Aussie accent myself.

Wow! Please tell me more about your pet snake. I'd be scared to live in Aussie because of all of the non-pet snakes crawling around.

You are studying Law? To be a lawyer?

It's a pleasure meeting you too. :)

They don't want you to be too happy I guess. Geez, limits on smiles should be illegal! Just go to McDonalds, I think you can have as many as you want for free. At least they advertise free smiles here in Canada.

Actually, I wonder if you stood in there all day asking for smiles what would happen? They would probably toss you out or call the police, lol. ;)

"No more smiles for you!" :club:

I think Maccas would be like ... bish gtfo :L lol.. Haha well talking to you makes me smile :)
Im studying law and psychology.. hoping to become a profiler

Haha you've been to Aussie?
My pet snake often cuddles me <3 Carpet Python - She's amazing :) Very friendly to.

Haha it's okay :) Santa's never found me so i'm not all crying like crazy over it - Just keep smiling is what I do :) I'm glad you can understand me :3

I just want to take your pain away and stack it on myself -.-

LuckieDuckie said:
I think Maccas would be like ... bish gtfo :L lol.. Haha well talking to you makes me smile :)

My pet snake often cuddles me <3 Carpet Python - She's amazing :) Very friendly to.

Haha it's okay :) Santa's never found me so i'm not all crying like crazy over it - Just keep smiling is what I do :) I'm glad you can understand me :3

Ah, so you would be able to judge by the crime scene what kind of personality would commit that particular type of crime?

No I haven't been to Aussie. But I would love to go visit my friend, or to even move close to her, or her close to me. It just costs a fortune to go to Aussie. It's like $2000 for a round trip.

I'm glad you have someone special to snuggle with. My cat kept me alive for years. I felt like he was the only person who loved me in the whole universe. I would not have made it without him. He has since passed away, just so you know.

Well it's sweet that you want to take my pain, but you seem to have enough of your own, so I wouldn't dare to burden you. I suppose that you can't ever take someone's pain away, but you can help them to carry it.

<3

Licentia said:
LuckieDuckie said:

Ah, so you would be able to judge by the crime scene what kind of personality would commit that particular type of crime?

No I haven't been to Aussie. But I would love to go visit my friend, or to even move close to her, or her close to me.

I'm glad you have someone special to snuggle with. My cat kept me alive for years. I felt like he was the only person who loved me in the whole universe. I would not have made it without him. He has since passed away, just so you know.

Well it's sweet that you want to take my pain, but you seem to have enough of your own, so I wouldn't dare to burden you. I suppose that you can't ever take someone's pain away, but you can help them to carry it.

<3

Ooh okay thought you did ^^ and yeah animal's are amazing..
Awwwwww *cuddles* sorry about your cat :(
You can share mine <3

And yeah well I guess I just want to do my part in bringing closure to some families. I know what's it's like to have no closure - it sucks..

Well then I wish I could help you carry it :) You deserve to be happy

I was reading this forum and it was so sad until Luckie started to reply. Just here to say Luckie you just made my day.

And Licentia I really hope you find someone special to spend the rest ofyour life with. I think this may be weird but I've never kissed a guy or had a boyfriend, NOW I'M ONLY 16, so it's not that long but I hope the first guy I get to share my life and feelings with happens to be the one. Silly wishful thinking I know but a girl can wish. :p:D:):rolleyes:;):shy::cool::rolleyes2::club::(
AND TAKE THAT "YOU POST TO MANY SMILES" WARNING!

Knyght said:
I was reading this forum and it was so sad until Luckie started to reply. Just here to say Luckie you just made my day.

And Licentia I really hope you find someone special to spend the rest ofyour life with. I think this may be weird but I've never kissed a guy or had a boyfriend, NOW I'M ONLY 16, so it's not that long but I hope the first guy I get to share my life and feelings with happens to be the one. Silly wishful thinking I know but a girl can wish.

Thank you :) I'm trying to help out people bring a smile to their gorgeous faces ^-^ :)
I shall try my best to bring more smiles in the future :)

I actually do have a really close friend who is a potential boyfriend :D go me! o.o :)

Latest posts

Back