Posting Poetry Online. Dangerous Stuff Methinks.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SophiaGrace

If you have any plans to try and publish your poetry. DONT POST IT ONLINE.

I've made that mistake in a writing community online and now I fear that 3 years of creative writing has gone down the tubes for me. :(

Just a warning to others to not repeat the same mistake I guess. -.-

Why would anyone pay for a poem if they can get it for free online? <= this is the reason.

Most poetry sites publish your work. So, just read the fine print I suppose. See what their policy is. I doubt many people would pay for poetry from a person that isn't well known anyway.

SophiaGrace said:
If you have any plans to try and publish your poetry. DONT POST IT ONLINE.

I've made that mistake in a writing community online and now I fear that 3 years of creative writing has gone down the tubes for me. :(

Just a warning to others to not repeat the same mistake I guess. -.-

Three years of creative writing never goes down the tubes. Even if it never sees print, you're still three years better at it. :)

VanillaCreme said:
Most poetry sites publish your work. So, just read the fine print I suppose. See what their policy is. I doubt many people would pay for poetry from a person that isn't well known anyway.

nilla..all people are not well known before they become published. o.o

No one knew who J.k. rowling was before she wrote harry potter. But yeah, not many people read poetry so there's probably not much of a market for it. I'll self-publish if I have to.

Oh and uhm...i was 17 when i first started posting and didn't know what fine print was back then. Stupid teenager that I was.

Spare said:
Three years of creative writing never goes down the tubes. Even if it never sees print, you're still three years better at it. :)

I do think I have improved. You're right spare. :)

Fear

Why are you here?
What brought you to me?
You're not a bit welcome
And no one can see
From where you originate
And why you have grown
And why on God's earth
You don't leave me alone!
You haunt me each day
And most of the night
You keep yourself hidden