Nothing left to talk about

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Sean

Well . . . it's 2011 . .
One of my new years resolutions is to find a girlfriend,
Never had a girlfriend, i've had friends who were girls, but never anything romantic. . . :'(

Anyways,
It's kinda late, so i'll cut it short . . so I can go to sleep soon . . and so you don't have to read like an essay.

What happens when you run out of things to talk about?
Stupid question . . but after talking for a while with girls i've been interested in the past . . I always seem to run out of things to talk about.
And I don't really have many hobbies or interests, so that lowers the chance of having something in common with this girl.
Do you just . . do stuff . . instead of talk about stuff?

If no one can help me, I guess i'll just cross my fingers and hope my good looks make up for my social weaknesses. ;)

Sean said:

Don't worry about it. You'll never run out of things to talk about, especially if you're experiencing things together. You'll start building private jokes and references together, you'll be experiencing things you can both relate with, etc.

Besides, sometimes a woman just wants a guy to shut the hell up. There's nothing wrong with having little to say.

Just treat her right and you'll be fine. :)

Badjedidude said:
Besides, sometimes a woman just wants a guy to shut the hell up.

Oh yes :D You're so smart BJD

Seriously tho, he speaks the truth about everything. If she's a good match for you, you won't run out of things to talk about. Silence is good as long as it's not ALL the time and not awkward.
You'll do just fine, Sean.

A lady likes you to talk a little about yourself and then ask her about herself. Her interests. Something in the news, the weather etc...It will work out Sean.

you can tell some funny stories about things that happened in your life- it covers both humor and revealing something about your life, but make sure to have a smooth connection of it to your conversation.
it depends much on the girl and what she likes to pick a topic she will find interesting... my ex was telling me his dreams when he remembered them... it bored me to death and he never noticed that :p just pay attention to her body language.

Sean said:
What happens when you run out of things to talk about?
Stupid question . . but after talking for a while with girls i've been interested in the past . . I always seem to run out of things to talk about.
And I don't really have many hobbies or interests, so that lowers the chance of having something in common with this girl.

If no one can help me, I guess i'll just cross my fingers and hope my good looks make up for my social weaknesses. ;)

I have this problem all the time.

This happens to me on dates as well, which is why I don't enjoy them. I keep hoping that it is because I haven't yet met the right person, rather than because I am hopeless.

This topic is ancient lol. But I get you. There have been many times when I'm not sure what to talk about with a Girl. Instead I have done various things like spontaneous hugging! Or I have played games like I Spy~ Or or I have just stared out into the far distance and in unison, we have thought a thousand thoughts :') There are plenty of things to do when you're not sure what to say :)

Its okay to not always know what to say. Silences, like words, should be shared with your special someone too and the right person for you should be comfortable doing this.

PlasticSpork said:
Its okay to not always know what to say. Silences, like words, should be shared with your special someone too and the right person for you should be comfortable doing this.

But then you feel like you should be doing something

PlasticSpork said:

The problem is that when you first meet someone silences can be really awkward. Getting to the point where you feel comfortable with silence takes a while.

Latest posts

Back