Someone To Talk To

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1TCP6

Reaction score
Who do you vent to, considering you have no friends to talk to, and maybe no family members you are close enough to? Have you found online friends to confide in? Do you have a journal to release to? How do you deal?

I have been looking for people to be able to really talk to, candidly, about problems and life, for the longest. Sometimes I find a person once every few months but I need someone more consistent. It's so frustrating! I hate when people take their friends and family that they can go to for granted!

Dude, I honestly don't think you're gonna find something like that right away. Lie just doesn't work like that. A friendship like that doesn't spring out of nowhere. It's something that has to grow over time. Also, just because someone is a member of your family doesn't automatically mean you can confide in them. Some people jut don't like to talk about heavy stuff. I don't really think you can look for someone to talk to heavy stuff like problems and life about just anywhere. I'd look for good friends first and then try to start a conversation about problems and stuff. if it doesn't seem to be their thing, but drop the conversation and talk about something else. It's easy to scare people away with stuff like that. But eventually, I think you'll find someone to talk to stuff about, besides the awesome people on here. I can't really claim to know much about friends or anything, but that's what I think. And I don't really "deal" with having no friends.

When I mentioned family members, I meant that some people can talk to their family members about stuff while others can't.
I know that friendships like that don't just spring up like that. I've been searching for people like this since I got out of high school, where I had friends that I could go to about anything and vice versa. I was assuming that people on this forum would have a similar dilemma and could give me some advice as to how you deal. I technically have friends, just no one to call up and converse with.

1TCP6 said:
When I mentioned family members, I meant that some people can talk to their family members about stuff while others can't.
I know that friendships like that don't just spring up like that. I've been searching for people like this since I got out of high school, where I had friends that I could go to about anything and vice versa. I was assuming that people on this forum would have a similar dilemma and could give me some advice as to how you deal. I technically have friends, just no one to call up and converse with.

What you're describing is an acquaintance. Not a friend. I'm in the same boat; I have plenty of people to hang out with, party with, spend time with... but no one to talk to. No one who wants to take the time to sit and listen to my deepest thoughts and feelings.

I'm not sure I have any advice to give as far as actually finding someone who will do all of that... it's more about simply looking and never giving up. But I find that emptying myself online can sometimes be cathartic and help relieve some of the pent-up frustrations that I get from not being able to seriously talk to anyone in real life, offline.

*shrug*

Feel free to PM me if you need to talk about things, or go ahead and poke your head into our chatroom and talk to some of the nice people there. :)

I thought I'd had those people twice in my life, and they hurt me badly, they said they would help then just turned their backs on me. That was about 3 and 4 years ago. Since then I've not found anyone who is either willing to listen without blowing it off, or think I'm just whinging or whatever, or anyone to even trust in the first place. Like badjedidude said, the net can help, I haven't been as open in years as I have been in the last few days here. But yeah, it's hard in real life, the anonimity to post here without fear of being made fun of or being told to "harden the f up" suits me ok, but it's not the same as having a face to face

LMAO!! I just vented here, so glad I found this place.

Sometimes I vent to people, depends on what it is. I pity those poor victims. Before coming here I just kept a lot of personal stuff to myself. I vented today to a sister company co-worker (sounds weird but that what he is) who's in town doing a job about these two customers I've had this week, one I wanted to smack (cause it was a woman so I wouldn't punch her) and the other I wanted to punch (cause it was a dude) FIGURATIVELY SPEAKING!! I wouldn't physically assault a customer, but man...they really got on my nerves.

Hi-
Not sure how old you are, but I've developed some deep friendships over the years with a few people that I feel are like sisters. They're more like family than my biological family. But trust builds over time and lots of conversations and confiding. It would be great to find an instant friend but it doesn't usually work that way.
As for regular day to day problems and concerns, I feel ok chatting with coworkers and casual friends but I suppose there's a lot they don't know about me also. The interwebs is also a great place to talk to people, just because you're not going to meet most of the people on these forums doesn't mean you can't vent and talk to us about your problems. Anonymity helps some of us to open up too (although I'm not exactly anonymous here :) )

Teresa

Latest posts

Back