How to overcome

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nightwatcher

Reaction score
I don't know how many of you are familiar with this issue, the fact that you haven't had any close friends to talk about, all shallow company. The type that you speak with in class for instance. Spending your spare time alone, in your room.

Now when you are adult you realized you have wasted your childhood and teens being alone. How do you explain that to someone, the fact that you don't have any social resume to talk about.

i just stooped thinking about it. i have imaginary friends in my head and imaginary situations which make up for my loneliness some days... i do think of how can i improve myself that i will be able to have those real life friends. though i don't know exactly what to do.

I don't know really....in highschool I had like 5 close friends and a bunch of others who were merely shallow acquaintances, after graduating and heading for college, I lost track of many and now only have 1 best friend, who is pretty much like me, alone, living with her mom, barely goes out, the only person she sees is...well..me...and lately we havent been seeing each other a lot ever since she graduated and I did not and she started working. My parents wonder why I never go out and always stay home....telling them I have few friends is so depressing and humiliating, I just lie and say I like being alone....although to be honest I'm starting to believe it

I sincerely don't know how to overcome this, I've been alone for 4 years now, only seeing 1 person from time to time, I just go with the flow...I guess it really depends...is it really a waste ? I would not say so....adultlife and teenlife is 2 different things, and you can make friends at any age, just because you werent in a social circle and with close company before that does not imply that it will be the same now....

You just need to avoid the choices you made before that led you to that situation and make changes to overcome it now ( or vice versa for me lol :p ) but idk in detail what kind of person you are and you're situation now to give a proper answer....

I have always been shy and panick a lot in crowded places and I become very nervous around people...the older I become the harder it is for me to make friends, in college they are mostly people I talk to once in awhile either to make contacts for future school projects or just waiting for class to start....

Just like sunny, I guess I stopped thinking about it too....maybe I wasn't meant to be that person with 100 friends, browsing contacts after contacts on my iphone and hanging out outside....when I get lonely, I just listen to music, read books, draw and browse on the net...I also daydream a lot :/ ...is it healthy ? idk, but it has kept me sane for now lol

my oh my, if we could answer your question about overcoming lonelyness, this forum would never exist lol :p

Thanks for your replies Sunny and Bunnynumber8.

I guess your right, that you just have to stop thinking about it when i reflect about it, since you make your own life out of your own choice in the end. So i might just have to stop panicking about my situation and just make the best of it instead of having a complex about by past, because you can't change anything in your past as for now until the time machine comes :p perhaps.

I guess the question about overcoming involuntary loneliness is a very complex question as you Bunnynumber8 suggested, personally i would award that individual a Nobelprize for sure.

You don't need to have friends in the first place to go to a club or a bar and find some.

Latest posts

Back