The ultimate humiliation

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

only me

Reaction score
Does anybody out there feel humiliated
because you have no lover in your life?
Nobody special?
I do. I feel like I'm not "a real man"
not a whole and complete person.

I live in fear of running into my ex and having
to answer the inevitable question "are you married?,
do you have a girlfriend?, are you seeing anybody?"

Feeling pretty worthless right about now.

yes and no.

feeling worthless about it: yeah. but humiliated? not really.

I really hate when those questions come up from family or friends. I always play the old hollow tune of "heh, heh, nope, not this year. again. sure, maybe next year..."

shestaferra.

*hugs only me*

you're not the only one, and there is no need to feel shame in being sinlge ton's of people are single at every and age,

it's not your fault, socailizing and dating is hard and complicated

also dude go to fmylife.com

I think you'll find some posts to help put things in perspective

:)

only me said:

Lol, don't worry. You're not alone.

I have to listen to my mother bang on about arranged marriages (no). Sometimes I wish I could just leave her knocking at my door until she goes away :p

only me said:

My ex thinks I lie when I tell her I haven't even kissed another girl since we broke up. For some reason she thinks I'm a man slut :p

I was purchasing a certain item at the mall not long ago and the check out lady asked me if I had a little one at home getting restless. It took me by surprise at first and I thought I didn't quite understand what she was saying so I asked her to repeat it. She asked what I thought I heard and added because of the schools being closed for 3 days. I then understood she was asking if I was buying this item for my son, she just assumed I had a kid. Which really hurt because I wish I had a kid. It was very humiliating, I just said no it's a Christmas present, even though I was buying it for myself. :(

...should finish my thoughts before posting D'Oh! As for having a love in my life it doesn't get to me that much. I'd love to have a special girl right now but after going through some experiences I went through it's lower on my list. I'd rather stay single for the rest of my life then get hurt by someone again.

Thank you for your reply.

I know what you mean about getting hurt again.
All the scenarios in my "theater of the mind" end up
with me getting hurt again.

I think it's why I hardly ever try with women any more.

only me said:
Only in comparison to everyone else. Everyone else seems to have a lover.

Nobody special?
I do. I feel like I'm not "a real man"
not a whole and complete person.
Yes. I have no one who makes me special.

Never had a girlfriend.

yeah, i've been getting a lot of that lately from my mom. i can't say what i did all day without being asked, "...was it with a girl?", followed by the inevitable sigh of disappointment.

anyway, i wouldn't say that i feel humiliated, it's just that i know exactly what i want and i'm not settling for less. i'm a great-looking guy with a fantastic future and a great personality, but i'd rather be alone than in bad company. there are literally dozens of dates for me to pick from but i CHOOSE not to date anyone because they lack what i want and need.

Latest posts

Back