Loneliness and Boredom

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WishingWell

Reaction score
Hi All!

I am beginning to realize that my loneliness causes boredom, also.

I have been disabled since 7/1985 from Temporal Lobe Epilepsy, Major Depression, Anxiety, Mild Agoraphobia, OCD, and BPD.

ANYONE READING THIS THAT DOESN'T WANT TO WORK: BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU ASK FOR YOU MIGHT GET IT!

I have whole days to fill, and besides the loneliness of not being able to get out by myself and having only 3 phone friends--none near me--and I can't drive, I am bored out of my mind.

I am sick of TV/Netflix/Chores and Spending too much time on the Computer...although I will say this Forum has helped me.

On a very negative side, I was in recovery for alcohol and drugs, and now live with my Sister, because I can't afford my own place. We don't see eye to eye so it is very difficult, but she took me in when I could have been homeless...so I am blessed by that. However, I started drinking and hiding it, and can't go to rehab, because she said if I took one drink, she would kick me out...and she really would!

Is there anyone that feels things like I do, or someone that has suggestions to boredom so I don't have to self medicate. I feel fine in the morning and afternoons, but as evening approaches, I am a mess.

Thank you to all who respond.

i agree with you on being depressed when sitting at home too much. now i study and spend much time out of house, but there were month i was spending too much time at home and couldn't exit that cycle of doing nothing. though my life is far from what i with for myself now, but i do think that the time i spend outdoors does me a great favor for my mental health. even if i walk alone at the street (which is 99% of the time) i feel great, the world is beautiful and worth seeing. i bought a camera and use it as excuse to go out and wander alone at places which is very nice :)
i had a bike last year and it was fun riding it... but someone stole it and i don't have money to buy a new one :(

i hope you will find you reason or way to get out of that cycle and be strong on quitting the alcohol :)

I second that about sitting at home, that's all I do unless I'm at work. Sorry to hear about your condition, there are some days I wish I didn't have to work but then like you said, be careful what you wish for. Do you have any hobbies? Some things I try to do when sitting alone at home is do my hobbies, though lately I haven't had the motivation to do so. I've been watching a lot old cartoons on youtube instead LOL. Do you chat with any of your friend via YIM or MSN?

sunny said:
i hope you will find you reason or way to get out of that cycle and be strong on quitting the alcohol :)

Ditto!

Well; At least you have someone to care about you when you are sick. No one cares if I live or die, and would'nt even know it. I suffer from agoraphobia and panic attacks. I have no car, friends, or family except my cats. If i get sick who will care for them? I would pick your sister and having a home over the bottle. But i smoke so I don't know..its hard. I worry so much about getting sick and dying alone, and my cats becoming orphans, I wish I was only just bored!

popcorninthesofa said:
Well; At least you have someone to care about you when you are sick. No one cares if I live or die, and would'nt even know it. I suffer from agoraphobia and panic attacks. I have no car, friends, or family except my cats. If i get sick who will care for them? I would pick your sister and having a home over the bottle. But i smoke so I don't know..its hard. I worry so much about getting sick and dying alone, and my cats becoming orphans, I wish I was only just bored!

how many cats do you have?
i really admire people like you. i wish i had an opportunity to help street cats.

Head to the forum's chat room in the evenings - it's generally more active then. There will be lots of people to chat with.

Hi WishingWell, I know what you mean when you don't work.
I don't work for health reasons ether and I live alone so I to get real bord. That along with not having anyone combined is hard.

I unlike you can get out and do have my own car. So normally getting out is not a problem if Ive got somewhere to go.

Am the same has you in that in the morning and afternoon normally I can find stuff to do normally. Its in the evening and especially at weekends it gets to me. I can go days with out seeing anyway. That along with not having anything to do can be a fate worse then death.
I normally do find stuff to do but I do go frow times where am banging my head against the wall some days I can think of nothing to do.

Its worse for me in the winter months.
You just have to take each day has it comes.
My thoughts go out to you :)

Thanks, Bluey!

At least now I know I am not alone in having all the time in the world to fill up! I, like you, believe the winter months are the worst, because in the spring and summer, my Mom, who is only (LOL) 81 still drives, and we go to stores and to eat locally. She won't drive on the highway or in the dark and especially in the snow.

I guess banging my head against the wall is better than resorting to drinking.

I used to write poetry, but I finished a booklet of 35 poems, which I am circulating (one was published, but I didn't bother with any others), and now I don't feel like writing anymore. Writer's block, plus I feel I accomplished the one booklet and my anxiety causes me to not start another.

Again, thanks for the reply!

Wow, Your mom dose well I would say :D

Well the snow we have had over hear has also keeped me in and am only 35 so I think its sensible to not drive when there is to much snow.
All though we have had a lot. And I am in fact currently with out a car because of the snow :( Long story that one.

In the summer I get out on my bike. It mostly always makes me feel better for the fresh air.
Cant do that when its to cold tho.

That's good you got a book published. That's quite an achievement :)
I used to spend a lot of time on line then I got bord of it cos nothing seems new. Just the same old same old ye know.
You have to find things to inspire you to re-light that poetry fire with in :p
Just now am finding the computer a bit moor interesting cos am learning new stuff again. With the help of a friend on here :D (You know who you are :p)

There is some ppl on here that is also into poultry. Maybe if you post some you might get talking to some of them and then maybe get all inspired to do some moor. I would had thought that it would be easier to be in the mood for that on a summers day out side though. It is a bit hard sometimes to get creative or motivated about anything when your just set looking at the same 4 walls I know.

And ye it dose help a little to know where not alone in being alone.
Something that gets said a lot on here :)

Thank you, Bluey, for your words of inspiration regarding my writing.

Also, you reminded me why I joined this Forum--I am not alone in being alone. It has taken up a lot of my time and cut the boredom.

Good luck and have fun learning new things on the computer. Aren't computers great? I don't know what I did without one!

Latest posts

Back