Religion and loneliness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jales

Reaction score
This weekend I spent..well basically I felt like I was in a Christian Camp or something....
These people..it was the second time in my life I've EVER met people so nice..and the first was on this site!

So basically I had no-where to go friday night because I was going to stay on campus until I either got another place..or if they let me I would have just stayed there this academic year...

I'm really care-free..but it wasnt only me who didnt know because they really never said anything on the web-site or anything..but because of Hurricane Dean all the halls on campus were closed for the weekend.

They had people..well actually our gov paid for us to stay somewhere (at hilton) but the lady we had to talk to was...I don't know she was having a bad day...she didnt explain this to some of us and we where stuck friday morning on campus...confused lol...so my friend calls this lady who she use to go to church with and she's like..no problem come stay by us...

Three of us went by her..we ended up sleeping by her neighbour (aunty marva...geez i giving out the lady name lawsh i hope no one who knows me reads this). She is this old lady who is a widow...I dont mean to call her old...but she's sooooooooo nice.

Okay they sent someone to pick us up as well..he is our age..friday he took us to a back-in-time party, then saturday to a christian youth social at someone's house..then sunday we when out for food...
Everytime we where out it was loads of people...everyone laughing..like something out of ..i would say a movie but I've never seen movies like that..they prayed before each event ...

And at the social saturday night you should have heard these young people...its actually a group called EXTREME that they have...
one of their goals is to unite the caribbean through christ..they are passionate about their belief;ALL of them...

I spoke to different people... n I really don't lie if asked about it...I'm not religious ...so two of the girls were saying that they have no idea how they would have made it so far if not for christ/god

Okay this weekend was A LOT of religion for me...i mean it so interesting this friend they have in God...and that ongoing feeling of happiness that someone who truely believes and lives accordingly can get...

It made me wish I could have believed a bit..I mean I know they still have problems..though these were all rich kids...but they still have problems...but the way they believed...

I don't know but what I saw was ...remarkable
Btw...jamaican people are sooooo nice...if anyone from ja reading this thanks so much for the kindness I was shown this weekend...
people can be so nice sometimes.....it's amazing

and for the religious people out there...does religion make loneliness not has painful?

Hmmm well if you were in Communism, they'd say (rather snobbily, because drugs were expensive and still are expensive) that 'Religion is the opiate (opium?) of the masses'

In other words, religion is something poor people use to make themselves feel better. I disagree. I just think that it's easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven!

If you ever meet REAL Christians, you'll know because they are full of light, love, they are moral but non judgemental.

Hugs!

Jales,

Being a Christian, for me, means I know anything in this life is just temporary, there is a better life, and God doesn't allow His children any pains He knows we can't eventually handle, with Him.

Are Christians always joyfull, no. Do we get down, oh yeah. Are we still lonely....definitely. But there is still a peace.

jales said:
does religion make loneliness not has painful?

I would like to add that I don't think I could have got through my "extremely" depressing teenage years without God in my life... he reminded me that there's always a reason to keep living, even if it's as simple and lonely as appreciating the world he made and recognizing it's beauty.

lonelygirl, that was a well written post.. the real christians i have met are exactly like that, and i try to be that way, too...

and about the question if taking comfort in God can ease the pain..
it can be.. but you really have to open up and kind of "search" for it..

after all, that's why we were given a free will..
but sometimes when it's nighttime and you just reach out and try to feel it, you can feel his love sometimes.. it warms my soul and makes me smile, and then i can sleep..

Right on, Teach and Azure.

I have struggled with my faith for many years....I'm a bit of a Doubting Thomasina...and yet, I DO Trust God.

O Hear, O Israel, Our God is ONE!

There is ONE God, he is fulfilled in Christ Jesus. I think of it this way, there are some words in the Bible that really resonate with the soul. In the beginning, was the Word. And the Word was with God. And the Word WAS God.

See you in the Throne Room of Prayer!

Hummmm, first of all, Jales, hope you were ok and stuff from all those storm running... Its nice to see and hear from you again =). Yes Jales, I have to agree with you, religion does lessen the feeling of loneliness. Speaking as an ex christian myself, ( I still do believe in god and christ...just that i don't totally embrace the concept of christianity) I must say church activities are enriching. I myself learn alot of stuff from those 2 years in church. The people there were also warm....or that was what i saw...(They weren't particularly warm to me cause i was a loner in church, I would come in late for preaches and kept very much to myself). Be true to yourself. Embrace the good parts of christianity ( there were many parts that were ugly too...but since i think they were caused by each personal intepretation of the bible, I am not going to say it). Past this joy on to everyone, non believers alike. With soon no time, your kindness will be past on to someone who inturns spread that kindness to many others. =)

Latest posts

Back