So shy I'm afraid to post...maybe.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ja.

Reaction score
Does this happen to you? It happens to me all the time. I'm afraid to be a bother or too negative, that nobody will care, or that I will be attacked for feeling or thinking on the ways I do. Or hijacking a thread.
Even in other forums Ive been, I'm afraid to voice my opinion. I usually feel like if I don't have something concrete or useful to upload or show or some technical advice to give I shouldn't post at all.
And of course, this is even worse outside the internet.
Um, I hope I did this okay.

Tbh,this is the internet,who cares? It's just words on a screen,if the posts are good,great,if they aren't,so what?

Ja. said:
Does this happen to you? It happens to me all the time. I'm afraid to be a bother or too negative, that nobody will care, or that I will be attacked for feeling or thinking on the ways I do. Or hijacking a thread.
Even in other forums Ive been, I'm afraid to voice my opinion. I usually feel like if I don't have something concrete or useful to upload or show or some technical advice to give I shouldn't post at all.

You did fine. And don't worry about whether or not you have something important to add or anything monumental to say. You have a voice. So use it. Even if its only to say "Here I Am!"

Ja. said:

I know what you mean about being attacked.
One woman referred to online forums as "cyber-pillory"

You put up a **** good fight today, ja! I commend you. Please post more.

Feel free to post anything, anytime. :) We try to cultivate a welcoming, safe environment here for everyone, so... Feel safe to post anytime!

omg, i feel the same.. a lot. i used to talk a lot..but i guess certain happenings in my life made me less open, even on the internet.. :(

If you have something to contribute then contribute, it's the trolls that get all the hate.

Sometimes I doubt if I should make a post, sometimes I'm afraid to spark conflict with differing views. Like the whole Wikileaks thing, most controversial issues, really. Some images of having someone hunt me around the board seems extremely distasteful, so I opt to keep my peace. As for negative things, well, people don't like people who voice their problems, at least, that is my personal experience, so I generally don't go bawling about my misfortune.

Still...I do post anyways, in my incoherent old-timer styled banter with possibly no real point to them...The relative anonymity does provide some protection from loss of face, as it were. You're not alone in these thoughts, Jah.

Hmm...I wouldn't say I'm too shy to post. I just don't trust anyone on here to post my issues and let you all know lol. I've tried talking to some one on one and ehh....they either really pissed me off or they are really rude about the stuff I tell them, so I just keep everything to myself. Maybe I would be better off if I told my true feelings about honeysuckle on here and used this place to my advantage, but meh I just don't trust it, at all.

Ja. said:

Ja, just say whatever you want. If someone gets annoyed or rude, just respond with these two words: bite me.

Latest posts

Back