Waiting for the new dawn

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

done

Reaction score
This thread was meant for people to write whats in thier head in a minute, exactly and word for word. In order of which they are thought. This is what I got.

The emptiness, the longing, the heavy heart and the forgotten.

Everyday waking up thinking about it, when you lye in bed wishing for sleep you think about it, when you are out with friends you think about it, when you are drunk you think about it, when you fight you think about it, when you take drugs you think about it, when you talk about it you think about it, when you have theorpy you think about it, when you work you think about it, when you study you think about it.

Writting about it creates more to write about. I found a bit of comfort when I was talking to a friend. It came from me sayign to him ''you need to trust me'', his response was ''I don't trust anyone''. To which I replied ''you need to trust me''. He said ''I can't'' and ran out the club. When I followed I found him outside in tears. Said ''come on then, what's this about''. In tears he cried its nothing compared to what you have been though, but Its the worst that has happend to me in my life.

We aren't always alone, even though we think we are. I've been in search of death, a death that isn't by my own hand. I have found a good friend who has been in theorpy because tutors have feared he would take someone's life. His and my problems aren't that different in my eyes. His life is destroyed because he is too angry and not trusting and my life is destroyed for the opposite reasons.

Where do we find a happy medium? I don't think anyone does. People just learn to hide them better. I'm yet to meet someone who is as honest and sacrificial as I am. Does that mean I'll never find someone who is perfect for me?

Can you see anything normal in that? Your turns.

done said:
This thread was meant for people to write whats in thier head in a minute, exactly and word for word. In order of which they are thought. This is what I got.

The emptiness, the longing, the heavy heart and the forgotten.

Everyday waking up thinking about it, when you lye in bed wishing for sleep you think about it, when you are out with friends you think about it, when you are drunk you think about it, when you fight you think about it, when you take drugs you think about it, when you talk about it you think about it, when you have theorpy you think about it, when you work you think about it, when you study you think about it.

Writting about it creates more to write about. I found a bit of comfort when I was talking to a friend. It came from me sayign to him ''you need to trust me'', his response was ''I don't trust anyone''. To which I replied ''you need to trust me''. He said ''I can't'' and ran out the club. When I followed I found him outside in tears. Said ''come on then, what's this about''. In tears he cried its nothing compared to what you have been though, but Its the worst that has happend to me in my life.

We aren't always alone, even though we think we are. I've been in search of death, a death that isn't by my own hand. I have found a good friend who has been in theorpy because tutors have feared he would take someone's life. His and my problems aren't that different in my eyes. His life is destroyed because he is too angry and not trusting and my life is destroyed for the opposite reasons.

Where do we find a happy medium? I don't think anyone does. People just learn to hide them better. I'm yet to meet someone who is as honest and sacrificial as I am. Does that mean I'll never find someone who is perfect for me?

Can you see anything normal in that? Your turns.

The only thing that comes to mind is:
When we keep doing the same things
We keep getting the same results.

I'd say, make small changes in your life and be patient.

But most importantly
Take this from an old guy and don't make the mistakes I made.
Alcohol and drugs make your life worse!
Yeah, it may numb you out a little
But what you get in the end is older, with the same problems.
It's like a time-warp that keeps you in the same place.
Think ahead 10-20 years.
Do you want to still be where you are right now?
Alcohol and drugs lessen the likelihood that you'll
make the changes that cause the problems to go away.

Been there, done that, and I regret every single time
that I numbed-out to kill the pain, instead of dealing
with the issue that I was running from in the first place.

Oh and one more thing (important)
If you quit, expect a short period of feeling worse.
This is normal but goes away in a week or two.

Best of luck to you.

Latest posts

Back