Socialization: Nothing else matters.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cathedral

Reaction score
It seems to me that socialization is paramount in almost everywhere you go. This isn't as apparent when you're going to put your check in the bank or paying the bills, but when it comes to places of education, recreation, shopping, tourism, whatever, by far the most important part of the experience is the socialization you had with your friends, family, or with whoever you meet.

Hardly anything is "fun" without some Goddamned socialization going on, and LOTS of it. At least, it is to most people. No one goes to the theater to watch a movie. No one goes to the restaurant to eat good food. No one goes to the amusement park to experience the rides. No one goes to the park or the beach to exercise or enjoy the view. Hell, no one goes to college for the education or the homework. They go there... just to yap on and on with their ******* stupid friends! If there are no friends, they will just pop out their little cell phone and text or call their friends.

As for educational institutions, it's not the degree or the education which are the most important, it's the friendships, the "good times" you had with the people there, you know, the most ******* irrelevant parts of going to college!

Then you go to work. Work schmurk. 90 percent of the time, these so-called "workers" just yap and laugh with their "co-workers", oh that stupid thing she said is more important than being productive or making the world a better place for everyone!

It's ******* bullshit! Socialization has become the single, most important thing in the world. Everywhere you go, socialization is the main event, everything else is just icing on the cake! If you are unable to socialize, then you are not worth JACK honeysuckle! You are the bottom of the barrel in society. It doesn't matter if you're a good, hard working person.

Gah... I'm hardly productive myself, but why should I put in the ******* effort when I'm just going to DIE ALONE!?! You can't take the money with you when you die, as they say. And money can NOT buy happiness anyways. So who cares?

If everyone was a LOT more oriented towards productivity as opposed to worthless banter that I can't even be a part of anyways, this world would probably be a MUCH better place.

Summary: Almost everywhere you go, sociability far surpasses almost everything else in sheer importance. This is why humanity fails so hard.

Hey Cathedral -- Sorry, I disagree with nearly everything you wrote. Although I do respect that you've got an opinion, all I sense is a frustrated man consumed by bitterness. If you want to tell me "fresia off" that's OK, I won't be offended. Sincerely, LG:)

LGH1288 said:
Hey Cathedral -- Sorry, I disagree with nearly everything you wrote. Although I do respect that you've got an opinion, all I sense is a frustrated man consumed by bitterness. If you want to tell me "fresia off" that's OK, I won't be offended. Sincerely, LG:)

I could just come to a conclusion that society is treating you quite a bit better than it is treating me, and leave it at that, but because of what this forum is supposed to be for, I'll give you the benefit of doubt.

Yes, I am bitter. Reason being is that due to my total lack of sociability, I'm lower than a lizard and slightly higher than an insect. I feel like I'm being actively and silently discriminated by everyone, every single day, because of my autism, something which I have little to no control of.

Cathedral said:
LGH1288 said:

I could just come to a conclusion that society is treating you quite a bit better than it is treating me, and leave it at that, but because of what this forum is supposed to be for, I'll give you the benefit of doubt.

Yes, I am bitter. Reason being is that due to my total lack of sociability, I'm lower than a lizard and slightly higher than an insect. I feel like I'm being actively and silently discriminated by everyone, every single day, because of my autism, something which I have little to no control of.

Cath -- You know I think you're a good guy, and you know I think you're very smart. It really saddens me a lot that you've been bringing yourself down. I believe in you. I think you're capable of something special. I truly hope you can find your way. Best to you, LG:)

Wait a minute... People can text if they want. That's what they pay their bill for.

With that being said, go on disliking people for talking to other humans. I didn't know it was such a disturbance.

Yes.

You are facing a dilemma that many Aspergers Kids face when they hit college and the workplace. Intelligence doesn't matter. It just doesn't. Social skills are all that matters.

If you carefully observe and document the behavior of your peers, then you will learn how to behave in a social situation.

SocratesX said:
Yes.

You are facing a dilemma that many Aspergers Kids face when they hit college and the workplace. Intelligence doesn't matter. It just doesn't. Social skills are all that matters.

If you carefully observe and document the behavior of your peers, then you will learn how to behave in a social situation.

Tell us, how did you "cure" your Asperger's? You have yet to tell us exactly how.

Or get the fresia off and stop giving crap advice, assjock. I can sit there and watch how people interact, then I can attempt to imitate these things and still come out extremely awkward. It won't work for someone with autism.

Socializing has a great importance for people, it gives us a sense of unity and recognition for one another, it gives us assurance that we are not on this earth alone.....yes we are going to die and we are all deep down afraid of this inevibility.....why suffer from isolation when death gives us only that in return for a tedious life on this earth -_- ...a world without a simple good morning from a fellow neighbour or a gentle smile from a cashier is not a world I want to live in...

But hey to each his own, although honestly, socializing is all we got for hapiness so why deprive ourselves of it O: ...I mean think about, we were born on this earth for who knows what reason, we do our best to survive......we go to school, we educate ourselves to get a job and gain money in order to do what ? buy a house , food and raise a family, and the cycle continues....thats what life is all about...just like animals we suffer and work hard to live another day in order to survive and perpetuate human kind ....one would say..whats the point o.o; I might as well die lol.... BUT what makes us different from animals is our awereness of our existence, our conscious !! This make us complex beings, able to observe and comment ,manipulate, explore, discover, evaluate, CREATE ....and COMMUNICATE , more then just simple orders...we communicate what we think, what we feel, our emotions.....that is why human contact is a necessity...I tell myself everyday that I'm prefectly fine alone but why is it that when I take the subway or the bus I get the urge to sit on the empty space next to another person..

And you shouldnt generalize everything o:, I actually go to the movies alone to watch the movie lol, I go to the restaurant to eat alone :) .....but all these activities are fun with other people because we can share a similar experience and that by itself is quite gratifying :) ....

So I suppose for you, the ideal would be for the human race to cease constant seeking of contact and just work to be productive so we can live a better life which is working without socializing and ect.. ...... you get the picture.....thats quite boring to be honest lol ...productivity just means more money in our pockets and food on our tables ...well if life is just about eating and sleeping and working I rather shoot myself now O_O;

Btw I respect what you said and I'm not dissing your post, life is cruel especially for some of us ....yes we still got much work to do but hard times shouldnt make you feel down, there's always hope for things to change for the better you just need to seek out for help and find the ressources that will provide you with the tools necessary to take it step by step. I wish you much luck and don't lose hope *hugs*

Cathedral said:
Or get the fresia off and stop giving crap advice, assjock. I can sit there and watch how people interact, then I can attempt to imitate these things and still come out extremely awkward. It won't work for someone with autism.

An the incessant whining about it is going to help how?

BunnyNumber8 said:
Socializing has a great importance for people, it gives us a sense of unity and recognition for one another, it gives us assurance that we are not on this earth alone.....yes we are going to die and we are all deep down afraid of this inevibility.....why suffer from isolation when death gives us only that in return for a tedious life on this earth -_- ...a world without a simple good morning from a fellow neighbour or a gentle smile from a cashier is not a world I want to live in...

But hey to each his own, although honestly, socializing is all we got for hapiness so why deprive ourselves of it O: ...I mean think about, we were born on this earth for who knows what reason, we do our best to survive......we go to school, we educate ourselves to get a job and gain money in order to do what ? buy a house , food and raise a family, and the cycle continues....thats what life is all about...just like animals we suffer and work hard to live another day in order to survive and perpetuate human kind ....one would say..whats the point o.o; I might as well die lol.... BUT what makes us different from animals is our awereness of our existence, our conscious !! This make us complex beings, able to observe and comment ,manipulate, explore, discover, evaluate, CREATE ....and COMMUNICATE , more then just simple orders...we communicate what we think, what we feel, our emotions.....that is why human contact is a necessity...I tell myself everyday that I'm prefectly fine alone but why is it that when I take the subway or the bus I get the urge to sit on the empty space next to another person..

And you shouldnt generalize everything o:, I actually go to the movies alone to watch the movie lol, I go to the restaurant to eat alone :) .....but all these activities are fun with other people because we can share a similar experience and that by itself is quite gratifying :) ....

So I suppose for you, the ideal would be for the human race to cease constant seeking of contact and just work to be productive so we can live a better life which is working without socializing and ect.. ...... you get the picture.....thats quite boring to be honest lol ...productivity just means more money in our pockets and food on our tables ...well if life is just about eating and sleeping and working I rather shoot myself now O_O;

Btw I respect what you said and I'm not dissing your post, life is cruel especially for some of us ....yes we still got much work to do but hard times shouldnt make you feel down, there's always hope for things to change for the better you just need to seek out for help and find the ressources that will provide you with the tools necessary to take it step by step. I wish you much luck and don't lose hope *hugs*

I was trying to say that socialization has became way too important for just about everyone on Earth. Too important for anyone to be disabled in that respect. I might as well be completely unable to speak or type, because at this point, I'm just insulted that I can speak and type, but it doesn't matter. The words we say only make up a small portion of our communications, that's bullshit!

I have to completely rely on my words to convey what I am trying to say or how I am feeling, because I don't have the instinct to use proper body language or vocal tone like almost everyone else has. And if it's not instinct to me by now, then I'll never be able to learn it. Learning all of the programming languages in existence would be a lot easier for me than learning how to communicate properly and form relationships and all of that crap.

Not being able to socialize ranks up there as one of the worst disabilities anyone can have, along with being blind, deaf, or unable to walk. However, it is a vastly underestimated and unsupported disability, that if you are unfortunate enough to have it, then you might as well jump off of a cliff, because no one really gives a ****. All I get is 675 lousy dollars from Social Security a month. I'm considered too high functioning to get any disability. I feel like I have been screwed a hundred times over.

And for me, my family is not an option, because they don't give a **** about me. The only person I have got (barely), is my former foster mother. Otherwise, I'm all alone in dealing with all of the bullshit the world throws at me. Meanwhile, the almost 100 percent of those who are capable of socializing are going to get just about everything they could possibly want for almost nothing. I have no empathy for them whatsoever.

Cathedral said:
Hardly anything is "fun" without some Goddamned socialization going on, and LOTS of it. At least, it is to most people. No one goes to the theater to watch a movie. No one goes to the restaurant to eat good food. No one goes to the amusement park to experience the rides. No one goes to the park or the beach to exercise or enjoy the view. Hell, no one goes to college for the education or the homework. They go there... just to yap on and on with their ******* stupid friends! If there are no friends, they will just pop out their little cell phone and text or call their friends.

Uhhhh lotta bitterness and ignorance in this statement.

YES people go to the theaters to watch movies. YES people go to restaurants to eat food. YES people go to amusement parks for rides. YES people go to the beach for swimming and the view. And YES YES YES people go to college for education. The socialization is a byproduct of people being around people. There'd be socialization in a prison camp; does that mean that prison camps are only for socialization? NO.

Furthermore, to say that socialization is a handicap to humanity (as you're implying) is just silly.

This attitude is not going to help you or get you anywhere, Cathedral. If other people are more social than you that means they are going to initiate the interaction and include you in their social activities. This is more likely to happen than not to happen. So during college try to have some fun for God's sake!

iris said:
This attitude is not going to help you or get you anywhere, Cathedral. If other people are more social than you that means they are going to initiate the interaction and include you in their social activities. This is more likely to happen than not to happen. So during college try to have some fun for God's sake!

Not true. If I don't attempt to initiate anything, then nothing is going to happen.

Why cant you socialize?

I agree with what you said generally, except the beach.. if its a good beach I would go and it would even be worth it if I was alone.

I also dont really like parties or the movies or things where you have to meet too many people, but what you said is about right.

But why dont you socialize. Someone who is able to type all that you just typed is clearly able to express themselves enough to have relationships.

I think even if you have not met the right people.. its only a matter of time.

And YES YES YES people go to college for education. The socialization is a byproduct of people being around people. There'd be socialization in a prison camp; does that mean that prison camps are only for socialization? NO.

LOL!!!!

Big brother is back!!

jales said:
if its a good beach I would go and it would even be worth it if I was alone.

Mhm indeed. A day alone at the beach. Sounds good to me. Such relaxation.

No offense,but it sounds like you're only saying this because you can't do it as good as you want to.

hmm well, for me you seem like a person that is quite capable of socializing since you don't have any trouble following the conversation, expressing yourself and you have quite the vast vocabulary baggage...so the problem might be elsewhere
Although,communicating in real life is quite different than on the internet ^^;; that I will admit it.
Instead of feeling helpless about your problems, why not look for ressources like I said. They are social and support networks for people with autism and aspergers syndrome or any type of person with difficulties in socializing, you should try to look into it.
There are success stories, not all blind and deaf people are isolated and the same thing can be said for people who can't socialize...theres always a way to learn and grow :)
Btw, walking and socializing are both instincts right ? But if we don't teach our kids to walk at a young age it will become rather difficult and it will take more time, but in the end , that child will still be able to walk. Same thing for socializing, we learn that throughout all our lives but we start to develop it at a very young age, at school especially. Some grow up to be good at this thanks to the experience they gained and some don't.....we are all capapble of socializing and it is possible to learn the tools to be able to :) some just do it differently than others :D

Cathedral -- You've got to learn how to put a smile on your face; you'll attract more bees with honey than vinegar...fake it 'til ya make it. LG:)

There are no support groups anywhere near where I live. I wish I could move and get away from the filthy, insipid, and vapid hellhole called Jackson, Tennessee!

Latest posts

Back