am i the only 1 who cant make sense outta the shoutbox?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

NewBirth

just how oh how do u or i mean where oh where r u supposed to put the typing? i see absolutely nowhere to type i thought it was because i wasnt a member before but now i am and still theres no way to type waaaaaahh help :-( LoL cuz i wanna shout

Hey!

If you scroll down at the bottom of the box, you should see where you can type a shout. :eek:)

I just don't really like the shoutbox. It seems like a very basic form of a chat room...would prefer a small ROOM where we can all go when we are online to chat!

Queen Cleocatra said:
Hey!

If you scroll down at the bottom of the box, you should see where you can type a shout. :eek:)
naw theres nothing there i guess its just me then figures

lonelygirl said:
I just don't really like the shoutbox. It seems like a very basic form of a chat room...would prefer a small ROOM where we can all go when we are online to chat!
im not liking it either dammit LoL since it doesnt work for me

Yeah, I don't like the shoutbox either. It's like one of those bathrooms where you write crap on the stalls like "Call 1-800-BJ for a good time."

Or maybe I'm just a party pooper.

RogueTomato said:
Yeah, I don't like the shoutbox either. It's like one of those bathrooms where you write crap on the stalls like "Call 1-800-BJ for a good time."

Or maybe I'm just a party pooper.
I was just playin around i like the idea of the shoutbox i just wish it worked for me :( :(
I think it was so nice of bjarne to take the time & put it up for us
ooooh how i wish it would work for me though LoL ack

hmmmmmm how does it not work?
I know at the start I didn't realize there was a tiny little link at the top of this page, where it says: Welcome back, Lost in the Oilfield... and has the links to View New Posts | View Today's Posts | Private Messages... its on the far right side under the date and time... maybe that's what you got lost on too???
Hope that helps New.

Lost in the Oilfield said:
oh do you have something that blocks popups turned on? The shoutbox is a popup window.
oh no u know i can get the shoutbox but then i just have no line thingy where u would type in its so weird

hmmm, have u tried making the popup window full screen and scrolling to the very bottom?

If you just scroll to the bottom and the last shout you can see is...

<Lost in the Oilfield> People usually end up telling me all the depressing news anyway [ Edit ] [ Delete ]
Pages (6): « First [1] 2 3 4 5 Next > Last »

And there is absolutely nothing below that then maybe send a pm to Bjarne... he'd probably have a better understanding of the shoutbox.php and any problems that could be stopping it from showing up for you (I haven't learned much beyond html and a few javascript goodies :( ).

hmmm, have u tried making the popup window full screen and scrolling to the very bottom?

If you just scroll to the bottom and the last shout you can see is...

<Lost in the Oilfield> People usually end up telling me all the depressing news anyway [ Edit ] [ Delete ]

And there is absolutely nothing below that then maybe send a pm to Bjarne... he'd probably have a better understanding of the shoutbox.php and any problems that could be stopping it from showing up for you (I haven't learned much beyond html and a few javascript goodies :( ).
yah i tried that like 300 thousand times LoL outta frustration & annoyance but nothing
i pretty much gave up but thanx alot for trying to help.
i would never bother bjarne its just my comp i guess

Hi NewBirth

It's just a thought, but make sure that you are logged into the forum, then scroll down to the bottom of the shoutbox, where it says add shout.
Maybe that might work.

Blue Sky said:
Hi NewBirth

It's just a thought, but make sure that you are logged into the forum, then scroll down to the bottom of the shoutbox, where it says add shout.
Maybe that might work.
oh thanx so much but theres nothing there that says add shout LoL. the last thingy i have down there is this...

<lonelygirl> You're kidding me, right? I think they SCRIPTED that in for comic relief...this North American Union they are pressing for, full speed ahead

& then after that theres just the scroll bar
i even tried typing in there LoL big duh but u never know but of course nothing happened

Well add me to the list of confused LMAO... I lost my shout line too :(
I can't see anything below the shout line anymore so I guess for trying to help you out I get to do more than just empathize hahaha.
Oh well, thought it was funny.

Oh, I'm not signed in anymore... lol nvm its me Lost I'll sign in and see if its there...

hmm, yeah i got my shoutbox back now... maybe it's seeing you as a guest with the shoutbox for some strange reason???

hmmmmmmm I have no clue!

Guest said:
Well add me to the list of confused LMAO... I lost my shout line too :(
I can't see anything below the shout line anymore so I guess for trying to help you out I get to do more than just empathize hahaha.
Oh well, thought it was funny.

Oh, I'm not signed in anymore... lol nvm its me Lost I'll sign in and see if its there...

hmm, yeah i got my shoutbox back now... maybe it's seeing you as a guest with the shoutbox for some strange reason???

hmmmmmmm I have no clue!
LoLoLoL i laughed so hard my gut hurts on this LoLoL but yah maybe thats it anyway it doesnt matter i gave up days ago but thanks again for trying to help

What I don't understand is why aren't the newest posts on top and the older ones toward the bottom?

Latest posts

Back