Salutations

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephanie

Reaction score
Charlotte from Charlotte's Web first greeted Wilbur the pig with Salutations and he promptly responded, "Salu-what?"

Ever since then, I've loved the word Salutations and it seemed like a good idea to post that as part of an introduction thread. So, the first thing you all get to know about me is my avid love of the English language (and Latin too since Latin is the root of the Romance languages) and my love of cartoons, preferably the older ones. Some of the newer ones just lack that certain something that the old ones had though I do like some of the newer ones. I may discuss that in more depth in a different thread.

So, I call myself Stephanie but no, that's not my real name. And the woman in my avatar is not me. The avatar pic is Masha Scream, the vocalist for a Russian folk metal band called Arkona whose music can cause spontaneous audiorgasms (yes, I just made that word up). I tend to make user names of names that I love and Stephanie is one of the names I've always loved, which is why I chose it as a user name. I chose Masha as an avatar because I am in love with her voice: she can sing amazingly well and still do death metal growls almost better than most of the men in metal and blends them well.

I love metal music of all kinds: heavy, death, black, folk and some thrash. Music is very important to me and I sometimes like to relay song lyrics when they seem apropos. And before anyone pitches a fit over my love of black metal, no, I'm not a satanist so don't run screaming on me, okay?

I was doing some research on loneliness, both the positive and negative aspects of it. I found this forum in the process and at first was put off because it seemed to me that a lot of the posts made here are people just looking for pity and found some of the posts rather annoying in that regard. I admit that I nearly registered yesterday for the sole purpose of trolling the crap out of the pity party people, but trolling isn't really my style so I read around a little more and found quite a few posts where people weren't looking for pity and changed my mind.

I am honest, probably to a fault at times, and I expect honesty from others. I tend to be pretty unforgiving if one lies to me. My motto pretty much is that I can handle anything just so long as it's real. I can deal with reality. I can't deal with a lie because it's not...well, real.

Okay, I've rambled on in this intro post long enough so I will shut up now. If you've read this entire post, have a cookie. If not, then no cookies for joooo! I guess that's another thing: I really love cookies! :D

WALL OF TEXT :p
heheh...
welcome to the Forums ....
Heavy Metal ...Cartoon ....Songs.... Ur awesome in my Bookx :D

MOKX said:
WALL OF TEXT :p
heheh...
welcome to the Forums ....
Heavy Metal ...Cartoon ....Songs.... Ur awesome in my Bookx :D

LOL! Yeah, I do tend to write Walls O' Text. Y'all will just have to get used to that. But look at it this way: no one is forcing you to read my posts. If you don't wanna, you don't gotta; just don't reply. But I do try to only post Walls O' Text if I feel like I have something to say worth reading. Whether I really do or not is debatable, but I'm not here to debate that. If I feel it's worth saying, I will say it.

And there needs to be a blush smiley on this forum.

hey and welcome. i agree on the metal and cartoons as well. not that much death or black metal for me, but metal is metal and is awesome regardless.

well..it was not that Huge :p...its readable :p
and dont worry...will read what u write...and there will always b a post sayin "wall of text" lol :D

just tryin to be funny :D ....its good to Smile..then to be sad :)

Haha! You are funny. I did laugh, but I was once on a forum where people treated me like honeysuckle because I tended towards walls o' text. I figured out they were just jealous because I was better-spoken than they were.

Hey, it gets me through the night. :p

Hi Stephanie -- Welcome to ALL! First, I'd like to compliment you by saying that IMO you're truly a credit to the memory of your dear Mother whose classic wisdom obviously influenced her exceptional daughter. What a lovely idea to quote her in your siggie! My heartfelt sympathy for your loss. Second, it was a pleasure to read your introductory post. I admire your level of self-knowledge and it's a delight for me to meet someone with a positive attitude; I also find "pity parties" to be very annoying. Once is just too many times, and after that it's just childish whining. Enjoy yourself here and let's get acquainted. Look for me! LG:)

LGH1288 said:
Hi Stephanie -- Welcome to ALL! First, I'd like to compliment you by saying that IMO you're truly a credit to the memory of your dear Mother whose classic wisdom obviously influenced her exceptional daughter. What a lovely idea to quote her in your siggie! My heartfelt sympathy for your loss. Second, it was a pleasure to read your introductory post. I admire your level of self-knowledge and it's a delight for me to meet someone with a positive attitude; I also find "pity parties" to be very annoying. Once is just too many times, and after that it's just childish whining. Enjoy yourself here and let's get acquainted. Look for me! LG:)

Err, well, um...****! Where IS that blush smiley? Dagnabit, I could really use that right about now. Hee hee!

Of all the advice my mom ever gave me, that was probably the most life-changing and thus, why I sig'ed it. I felt it was appropriate for a forum like this actually. Maybe someone will read it and have an epiphany or something like I did when she first spoke the words.

I'm fairly philosophical and pragmatic over death so I got through the grief process fairly quickly. I actually did most of my grieving before she died after she was diagnosed with cancer. The knowledge that she was going to die was worse than the actual death itself. Really though, I am just really grateful that she was my mother and I had her in my life for a little over 34 years. Most people aren't so lucky. She wasn't a perfect mother, but I learned a lot from her and I will always be grateful for that.

I look forward to getting acquainted with you, too, LG. It should be fun. :)

Let's see if this works:
smiley-ashamed008.gif

Yesh, yesh it did. There, I am happy now. Thanks for the link to that smileys gallery. Just what I needed! You're my first hero of the day, LG. Wootah!

Stephanie said:
Haha! You are funny. I did laugh, but I was once on a forum where people treated me like honeysuckle because I tended towards walls o' text. I figured out they were just jealous because I was better-spoken than they were.

Hey, it gets me through the night. :p

o_O....na itz not like that :S
/cry
and yes u r a Better writer... gezz now i dont know what to say ..lol

Latest posts

Back