Hello...New Member

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeek

Reaction score
Hello Everyone....

I just joined on here but haven't read anyone's stories yet. I don't know where to start...I'm sure we come here because we have no where else to turn. I have no one to talk to. I live alone. I used to be married with a family until 2 years ago when my wife sued me for divorce. Now I only get to see my kids (10 and 12) on some weekends. I have no friends. My wife was my friend. Now I have nothing. I have tried the online dating sites or the social networks to meet people. That made things worse. I've had trouble with suicidal thoughts off and on for the past few years as well as depression and anxiety. Each day I pray to God and ask Him that if he won't send me someone to take me out of this world. I just wish someone would care.

:((

Welcome to the forums, Zeek! :) I'm sure many people here can relate to your feelings of loneliness and depression. I certainly hope you can get rid of the suicidal thoughts. Maybe you should seek some professional help, if you haven't done it already...

Riverman said:
Welcome to the forums, Zeek! :) I'm sure many people here can relate to your feelings of loneliness and depression. I certainly hope you can get rid of the suicidal thoughts. Maybe you should seek some professional help, if you haven't done it already...

The thoughts are not as bad as they used to be. I've been on the whole therapist/anti-deps route since it all started. Meds do help people but they can also complicate things. My problems led to painful gastritis for 6 months and eventually to an intestinal ulcer. Things came nearly to a head with me almost losing my mother a few weeks ago while she was in surgery. That scared me so much that I haven't needed the meds since. But the thoughts come back. I think it stems from feelings of frustration and inability to change my life situation. After awhile you even aren't emotional about it anymore. You start feeling that ending your life is the only way it will change! That is the only empowerment you have!

I know it is wrong to think this way....but how many people will admit to feeling this way? We have to be honest with ourselves before we can get better...

hi zeek!
Welcome to the forums! I understand u are going through a lot of pain, even worse if u lost ur mother recently, but dont give up, u have ur kids and Im sure they love u, although u cant live together, they know u are there. Always hope things will be better, and talking to ppl who can relate its a good way of feeling a bit better every day.
PM if u ever need to talk to. U can also find ppl in the chat.
best of luck

Zeek said:
But the thoughts come back. I think it stems from feelings of frustration and inability to change my life situation. After awhile you even aren't emotional about it anymore. You start feeling that ending your life is the only way it will change! That is the only empowerment you have!

I know it is wrong to think this way....but how many people will admit to feeling this way? We have to be honest with ourselves before we can get better...

I think I can understand what you feel. I feel really stuck and frustrated in my life situation, too. I have also tried therapy and meds to cure my depression, but haven't really found help, at least in the long run. You are right in that we have to be honest to ourselves to get better. I admit that I've also thought about suicide sometimes, but I think I've never been close to actually trying to kill myself. The fact that you have two kids is a good reason not to end your life.

Hi Zeek -- Welcome to ALL. I'm glad you signed up here because it's a place where you'll find a wonderful group of people who have an amazing way of supporting each other. Stick with us and the burden you feel will begin to dissipate. I'm sorry that you've suffered the recent shock of your whole life being pulled out from under your feet. Things will get better in time. Don't give up! Things will improve as you build a new life. LG:)

hey zeek. Welcome to the forum. There are many people here who can relate to your situation including me. Feel free to pm anytime.

Welcome to the Forum, Zeek!

I can relate to your story and how it feels to be alone. This forum will help you. I have yet to meet anyone that doesn't care about what I am going through.

Please, please, please get the suicide thoughts out of your head. Not for attention, for results, I had 12 failed suicide tries in my past. I am happy now that I failed. I find SOMETHING--even something that others take for granted, like a roof over my head and food to eat--everyday to be grateful for even when it feels like my whole world is falling apart.

If you would like, you can Private Message me, and we can chat that way. If you can't figure out how to do it, just put another post here...the site is very easy once you learn your way around it!

Judi :)

Hi Zeek,

I do understand what you are going through but you have to stop and think about your kids, right now they are why you will pull through this mess. then later on you will be the reason you will pull through this mess. Just keep on coming here and there will be a freind to talk to.

Zeek said:
Hello Everyone....

I just joined on here but haven't read anyone's stories yet. I don't know where to start...I'm sure we come here because we have no where else to turn. I have no one to talk to. I live alone. I used to be married with a family until 2 years ago when my wife sued me for divorce. Now I only get to see my kids (10 and 12) on some weekends. I have no friends. My wife was my friend. Now I have nothing. I have tried the online dating sites or the social networks to meet people. That made things worse. I've had trouble with suicidal thoughts off and on for the past few years as well as depression and anxiety. Each day I pray to God and ask Him that if he won't send me someone to take me out of this world. I just wish someone would care.

:((

Latest posts

Back