Hello

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bjorn

Reaction score
Hello... My problems probably aren't too bad compared to a lot if people's and I know the majority of the stuff that bothers me is probably just paranoia/teenage hormones so I'll try not to sound too whiny.

Ok so I went out for wrestling this year and it's fairly intense. In most Of my classes this semester I've got no friends and wrestling takes up almost all of my time after school and my weekends. So im feeling kind of isolated from my normal group of friends.

Surprisingly the isolation actually makes me feel less depressed because at least now I can make an excuse why none of my friends attempt to start a conversation with me unless no one else is around and then even if I do get a conversation started they will stop it to walk off with a different friend if they show up. They don't really invite me to go anywhere with them either. I think the last time I saw any of my friends outside of school was when I got myself invited to a Halloween party and I say got myself invited to because I basically had to tell the person I knew was having the party "yeah I'm probably just going to lay around all Halloween because I've got nothing to do".

Anyway hope I didnt sound too whiny there. I know this is probably just my hormones making me worry but it still really bothers me and it always makes me feel a little better if I can rant about it.

you don't sound whiny.
honestly, even for people that are ok with being by themselves, interaction is a bit of a requirement.
feel free to rant.

and yeah, nothing like feeling isolated in a group of "friends" - so i can understand why being by yourself actually makes you feel better.

i don't have any real advice - just hope you will find someone with similar interests that will be around.

hope your weekend is good.

Welcome Bjorn, i'm glad you decided to join us.

Welcome, you have nothing to worry about it's high school. Plus you are still discovering yourself, those teenage years are not always the easiest of times.

hey bjorn :D
at least you feel little bit better by ranting about it :)

Latest posts

Back