Where are you and what interests you?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unicles

Reaction score
Ok so I know this is only like my 3rd post but I was thinking to myself how many of us there are on this board, feeling the same way, longing to feel different, for friends, a sense of belonging etc...and I know a common problem is lack of friends and/or finding friends in "real" life. I'll throw this out there and who knows, maybe some of us are neighbors... So post where you live and what you like to do and maybe some people can become friends in "real" life. (If this is against the rules in any way or been done before then I apologize.)

I'm in Atlanta. 31 years old. I play guitar, sing, write songs and love music. I used to exercise a lot but that has slowed down considerably but I'm trying to get back into it a little. Before I got really depressed and lonely I liked to draw and paint. I used to love South Park. I like to watch sports. That's all I can think of right now...

So what about you guys?

I live in East Tennessee. I like extreme metal music, video games, crime drama TV shows, psychology, astrology, sociology and related topics.

I live in South-West UK with my mother, I am 21 years old and currently unemployed.

I like: My Little Pony/toy horses and ponies, old architecture, art galleries, I love most kinds of music, I love horror/surrealist/foreign (especially French and Asian) films, I collect kitschy china and bambi figurines, I love Rainbow Brite's horse called Starlite, I do ballet (non professionaly), I go horse riding (non professionaly, riding school, don't own any real equines), I love classical literature/modern classics, I love contempory horror/fantasy/fiction books, I alter/customise most of my own clothing and love my sewing machine, I'm a stoner, I want to learn how to cook, I draw alot, I like debates, I love certain parts of/people from history, I love old and obscure books/films. Right now I'm really into the works of Jan Švankmajer, Georges Bataille, the Marquis de Sade and Anton Szandor LaVey right now.

What about everybody else then? :)

Connecticut.

Watching Netflix, eating out, hiking, backpacking, cycling, martial arts, reading science news.

I like watching high brow movies when there's someone to talk to about them; but when I'm alone, I like non-gory horror, suspense and sci fi.

I like all kinds of music except country.

Mary Mary said:
Connecticut.

Watching Netflix, eating out, hiking, backpacking, cycling, martial arts, reading science news.

I grew up in Connecticut. (Stamford area). And I actually just got back from a bunch of ECT treatments at Yale in New Haven CT. Do you like CT?

Unicles said:
Mary Mary said:
Connecticut.

I grew up in Connecticut. (Stamford area). And I actually just got back from a bunch of ECT treatments at Yale in New Haven CT. Do you like CT?

I'm so sorry, I wish I could say yes, but I don't. It's too cold and impersonal. I'm from Georgia.

That being said, I stayed because I felt as if I had moved too much when I was a young adult. I was also married here, and my ex is still a big part of my life. I do have an emotional attachment to this area now that I've lived here for over ten years, though. I'm sure I would cry if I ever left.

I live in East Hartford. Not the greatest town, but the people are nice. I just wanted a condo I could pay off in five years.

What's ECT?

Mary Mary said:
Unicles said:
Mary Mary said:
Connecticut.

I'm so sorry, I wish I could say yes, but I don't. It's too cold and impersonal. I'm from Georgia.

That being said, I stayed because I felt as if I had moved too much when I was a young adult. I was also married here, and my ex is still a big part of my life. I do have an emotional attachment to this area now that I've lived here for over ten years, though. I'm sure I would cry if I ever left.

I live in East Hartford. Not the greatest town, but the people are nice. I just wanted a condo I could pay off in five years.

What's ECT?

No need to apologize. I hate CT lol. That's cool you grew up in GA. Like it says in the op post I live in Atlanta, GA now. ECT = Electroconvulsive Therapy. ie... electroshock.

Unicles said:
Mary Mary said:
Unicles said:
Mary Mary said:
Connecticut.

What's ECT?

No need to apologize. I hate CT lol. That's cool you grew up in GA. Like it says in the op post I live in Atlanta, GA now. ECT = Electroconvulsive Therapy. ie... electroshock.

Ow! I hope it helped you.

I saw that you were from Atlanta afterward (don't know how I missed it!). It's funny. We changed places! Many people would think Georgia is too hot and humid. I like it.

Latest posts

Back