All the single people..all the single people.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jales

Reaction score
Hey,

I know this is not a dating site but I met my husband here. And it is kind of upsetting reading thread after thread of people complaining..

I can't get a girl..
Or my ex was a jack to me..

So I'm starting this thread. Not sure if anyone did a thread like this before.

If you are single and interested in dating another lonely person. Post in this thread.

In your post say something about yourself. Say where you live, what you like etc.. Say if you are looking for a male or a female and tell them how to contact you.. ie via email or PM or phone or whatever suits you.

And guys dont be shy to talk to the girls who post.

I hope all singles who are intrested in meeting someone who is lonely and who understands loneliness will post.

Also just wanted to say.. long distance does work. I know so many couples who met online and are very happy today. When my husband and I met I was living in Jamaica (Caribbean) and he was living in Holland (Europe).. and we met right here at alonelylife.com

And our relationship is amazing.. It can work.. and you can meet someone.

I hope you all post, and I hope you all meet.

My thoughts exactly- not the most fruitful grounds for a dating scene, m'afraid. :)

This forum is not dead... people just dont post... but they do read....

please prove me wrong.. post people!!!
it cant be that everyone on here is in a relationship.

jales said:
This forum is not dead... people just dont post... but they do read....

please prove me wrong.. post people!!!

:D

We're not. We're just lame.

Okay. Jales is trying to do something to help us, so I'm going to be supportive of her efforts.

I'm a 41 year old female. Divorced. Although I'm open to it, I don't need to get married again; but I do want something life-long.

I like TV, dining out, and outdoor stuff except anything that might land me in a water body north of the Mason Dixon Line.

I live in Southern New England.

PM is fine.

Oh, and I still use semicolons.

I forgot to mention some important facts. I'm 5', 96 pounds. I'm of mixed lineage and have long, dark, curly hair.

jales said:

It's not that. You can't exactly force people, some who have severe social anxiety, to even want to be in a relationship, much less post for one.

Sometimes relationships can make you feel far more lonely than you ever did on your own. Especially if you already find it difficult to connect to people. I have twenty years worth of various length relationships behind me, and every single one of them made me feel lonely and miserable! Think I'll stick to being free and single :)

My situation makes it nearly impossible for me to get into a relationship. A girl would pretty much have to decide she wants to drop her life entirely to follow me around all over the country to a different location every 3-4 years if she wanted something serious and long term.

Not exactly the most appealing scenario! Thus while I approve of this thread, sadly it isn't one I see myself participating in.

Thanks for posting Mary Mary.
I hoped other people would actually be interested. Well maybe we have to give it time.

I'm not forcing anyone.. or trying to.. I am just saying;

If you are interested in possibly meeting anyone post about who you are. I mean life is about taking chances, and having hope..

@Limlim.. I dropped my life and currently follow my husband about.. he also has a job which would require him to move on short notice.. if he has to move.. I move.

It is not impossible to find a girl like that.. the question is do you want to fine someone? or would you rather stay alone?

I could possibly be with someone. Not so much that I have to be, but I am open to the idea if something would work out.

But the odd bit is, I don't think I'd want to be with another woman that wasn't able to support herself. Given the nature of said moving, it seems like a very unrealistic thing to ask for.

jales said:
Thanks for posting Mary Mary.
I hoped other people would actually be interested. Well maybe we have to give it time.

I'm not forcing anyone.. or trying to.. I am just saying;

If you are interested in possibly meeting anyone post about who you are. I mean life is about taking chances, and having hope..

@Limlim.. I dropped my life and currently follow my husband about.. he also has a job which would require him to move on short notice.. if he has to move.. I move.

It is not impossible to find a girl like that.. the question is do you want to fine someone? or would you rather stay alone?
:D

We tried. :)

I didn't think you were being forceful. I interpreted it as enthusiasm.

VanillaCreme said:
jales said:

It's not that. You can't exactly force people, some who have severe social anxiety, to even want to be in a relationship, much less post for one.

It's also probaby just shyness and fear of rejection.

@Mary Mary I guess you are right...
I still hope that more people will post with time, but well.. we will see.

I know people dont come here expecting to meet someone, but I thought they would at least be open to possibility of meeting someone.

jales said:
I know people dont come here expecting to meet someone, but I thought they would at least be open to possibility of meeting someone.

Agree, agree. Not gonna get my hopes up too much.
Okay well here goes.
18 F. Of South East Asian Descent. Going to basic soon. American. Not a relationship-y person. Living in a tiny rock in the Pacific so has to be okay with a non physical relationship, for now. I like funny guys with a twisted sense of humor. Most people think I'm too dark. Has yet to begin her life. Very non appealing, for sure. This is why I'm off dating for now. But hey I'm open to anything.

Screw it, I'm 2/3 the way through a bottle of canadian club (it's friday! :)) , I'm a pothead (trying to change that), smoker (could quit that too), vego, 26 yr old dude in melbourne aus, any takers? At this stage I'd be happy with a girl willing to spend any time with me, holding hands would be enough, anything beyond that I don't have much experience anyway. So?.....

Latest posts

Back