All the single people..all the single people.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jafo said:
So, anyone had any luck meeting anyone from this thread?

I am not sure in this thread in particular, it would be nice if people would let us know. But sometimes when people that they don't always stick around.

I do know plenty of people have had relationships from this site, some marriages and babies.

LonelyInAtl said:
TheRealCallie said:
OMFG, just STOP! Both of you!!! How can you honestly expect anyone to like you if you can't stop bashing yourself for 5 minutes?
Because I don't want to misrepresent myself as something I'm not. Full disclosure.

There is a difference between being honest and insulting to yourself. However, that doesn't even apply here because beauty is subjective. It's an opinion, so the only full disclosure you could have in this situation is if you have a scar or disfigurement or something along that line, but even that is pushing the line.

TheRealCallie said:
There is a difference between being honest and insulting to yourself. However, that doesn't even apply here because beauty is subjective. It's an opinion, so the only full disclosure you could have in this situation is if you have a scar or disfigurement or something along that line, but even that is pushing the line.

No, I don't have a scar or a disfigurement. I have just stood in the no-confidence line one too many times.

That dating site sounds like a recipe for how to ruin your life anyways. You may find someone on here but its not really a dating site.

So... uh... what do we say to try and meet people on here? I'm a 24 year old, straight male from Australia.

Looking for hot milfs, big booty lover. Oh, doesn't work like this :p

Highly doubt that a tread created years ago will do something but the butterfly effect always affascinated me so why the hell not!

Hey there, i'm a 23 years old male and i'm looking for a woman that likes mountains, music and trash talking mixed with deep discussions on the nature of life and how to improve herself. I learned to not judge anyone, and perhaps someone might like me for this. My life is deeply driven by values like honesty, self control and meritocracy and i'm a hard worker. 

I'm looking for someone that shares my values, i don't really mind your age and your looks, just be natural. Someone who likes to talk on daily basis, maybe skype or whats up . Who knows, something good might come out from this post ::D message me or write down a reply here, everyone is welcome!

Unix said:
VanillaCreme said:
Unix said:
I learned to not judge anyone, and perhaps someone might like me for this.

You're still judging.

In which way?

When someone would assume that life is easier to enjoy because they had someone around, regardless of how they actually felt, that's being a little judging. That's not listening to what someone is saying about how they really feel. That's almost dismissing those who feel that they are lonely despite having a family and friends around.

Volt said:
Anyone who says they don't judge is either very naive or lying.

Or they're trying not to. What's naive is to think one succeeds ALL the time. But I do believe it's something to strive for.

Well, for me judging is making negative assumptions on someone. Of course we have a opinion on everything but we can choose on how to think and feel about that opinion. That is when your attitude is determined. You might dislike someone because he does things that you don't like, then you think and say to yourself: is fine, he act like this because bla bla and he aren't harming me in any way. Maybe he is a good person, who knows. Or a particular hobby, you still have the choice of how to wiev the situation.

Your boyfriend loves videogames? Is fine, I dislike them but if he is happy to spend 1h a day relaxing while playing Why not. He'll, you might even like it. Naive or not, this is way better than simply have positive and negative opinions

And I ain't judging people who don't experience that kind of loneliness, is just that it pains me to see someone who don't appreciate things that others desire with all themselve.

I am open to dating, so why not take 5 minutes right now and say a little something about myself, couldn't hurt... right?

I'm a 34 year old staight male from The Netherlands, I have a steady job and a home, not overweight and in ok condition if I do say so myself :p
I don't have any real hobbies as it seems I always get into things to keep occupied and end up overdoing it and then just getting bored with it.

I game a little, watch series on Netflix, and am a fan of most sci-fi movies/series, but they need to be good story wise! Like to travel but haven't done much of it in my life, would like to experience lots of things, but really not on my own.

I am quite sporty, like running, biking, swimming and inline skating, but I'd prefer walking or hiking and taking it easy :p

Feel free to PM :)

Seosa said:
Still no luck, anybody?

I dated someone from ALL, but we just started with PM's, we weren't looking for more than friendship at first.

MisterLonely said:

Seosa said:
Still no luck, anybody?

I dated someone from ALL, but we just started with PM's, we weren't looking for more than friendship at first.

I've always felt that a site like ALL could be good for match making given the personality types across the board. But ideally you shouldn't look for it, it should occur naturally through friendship and intrigue. The worst thing, as ever with online relations, is the distance. Not everybody has the means to travel, even to be with the one they love, and how hard must that be to fall in love but never be able to truly experience it. I don't necessarily mean sexually, but just to actually be in the company of the said loved one.

Latest posts

Back