Any suggestions???

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skwillrd

Reaction score
My girlfriend and I just broke up and I can't say that I didn't see it coming. Over the course of 18 months we've had our fair share of trials and tribulations. She is a single mother and I have no children. We literally live 10 minutes apart from one another but we hardly see each other. I know I'm mainly to blame. We both work 40 hours a week with the exception that I go to school part time (started classes one month prior to meeting). We seem to argue all the time but I feel we both truly care about one another. Our disagreements mainly boil down to time or lack there of. I've tried incorporating my study habits into our relationship but it's hard to concentrate and she gets restless when I don't give her my undivided attention. She does and/or has done a lot for me but she doesn't feel appreciated. I try to show her that she is appreciated but she's so cynical at this juncture that it seems like a lost cause. Quite honesty she means the world to me and I love her son. I just feel that our bickering ultimately leads to us breaking up, not talking, & not seeing one another. In her mind she views this course as just an excuse not to spend time with her but I've tried to explain the complexity of the curriculum to no avail. We broke up once again last week but this time it feels different. I feel that I've exhausted all my opportunities. I would love nothing more than to marry this woman one day but I would never want to propose under these conditions.

Any suggestions???

I would never marry or date a single mother.

She obviously doesn't want you anymore so forget it.

And don't blame yourself.

I'd say if she's willing to work it out and work on it, give it another shot. Thing is, the both of you must be on the same page in the same book.

It just sounds as if your lives aren't compatible. It's a shame that she feels the need to blame you for it. You have a right to want what you want for yourself. Sometimes people just need to move on.

*hugs skwilrd*

I'm really sorry about all that, but it seems that you guys just don't get along, and in that case it is probably best if you move on,

it'll be hard, but it'll save you from making things worse,, there are still girls out there, there is someone that you can love and get along with I know they're out there somewhere

good luck

:)

SocratesX said:
VanillaCreme said:
I'd say if you're willing to work out and, pursue 7 other chicks at once, you'll be golden

FIFY

Guys who think that they can have several girls at once, have mental issues, and need help, imo. It's pretty pathetic that guys like that don't have the commitment for one person... Having several other relationships won't fix that.

Socrates is just in a stage, I know guys who have gone through the same thing.. The scary thing, is if they don't grow out of it, that's the thinking that creates abusive husbands.. Your going down a scary road brother, be careful because most people in the real world don't put up with that thinking.

Latest posts

Back