Who believes in YOU, wheu may not even believe in yourself?n yo

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Sinlaw

I just thought about it, two weeks ago I had no confidence at all, thought i didn t have what it took to live.I had basically given up on living. I don t know what happened, two weeks ago i suddenly gain confidence.I believed in myself for the first, since then everything has been going great...Maybe even too great.But today i thought even if i believe in myself isn t it still sad that during and even now i had no one to believe in me...

To ask you the question do anyone have someone Who believes in you, when you may not even believe in yourself?

Hi Sinlaw,

This is a very good question. I'd like to think that my parents believe in me. If they have doubts, they keep it to themselves until I mess up then it's the, "I didn't think you should have done that, but I didn't want to say anything then...." Nicer version of, "I told you so".

My daughter, who is ten, is the only one that I have no doubt believes in me, and I am thankful for that. Because of this faith, I have to put myself at a standard higher than I may have done if I was childless and not accountable. This applies to accomplishments, ethics, etc.

i think we have to find people who'll believe in us when we can believe in ourselves..for some (like me) its hard as hell to find that but i think that's how it is..
i'm happy that you have been doing well over these past few weeks though :0). And I hope that if you dont already have people to believe in you that you'll find someone...cause sometimes we need that...just sometimes..just maybe...

My mother and sister, and to a lesser extent my older brother maybe...

Not sure if anyone else believes in me (don't know why they would) but those are the ones I do know. Sometimes I'm a little iffy on my mom.

hmm... my mother and father but they are of the mind that they will love me no matter what, so sometimes their faith alone somehow just doesn't seem to be enough.

My niece... she knows I'm aloof sometimes with the world around me, but I've sort of been like a father figure to her... someday when she's older I'll tell her how much difference she has made in my life... especially in her very young years 2-3 when I needed someone that looked up to me, and that I knew cared about me and pushed me to take her to the park, or out for a bikeride even through my 'grumpier' or downright depressed days.
Children have superpowers, no word of a lie!

God believes in me (and you!)
even when we fail to have hope
for ourselves or feel really
discouraged..

so i'll definately say that's who
believes in me. i mean, by giving
up on myself, i guess i feel like others
get tired with me sometimes too?
but it's not like that with God.
which is good to know. :)

I think some confidence is just fake, comes and goes like a breeze, a bit like anxiety, one minute it's dormant, next it's active, same applies with other emotions. I suppose I want solid confidence in myself, solid, coming from inside me.

And I never really thought about this, but I think one person does but they've never said it in a way that inspires me.

It's great to have others believe in you. Like family and friends. But what I've discovered..at least for myself. Is that the older I get..the more confidence I have..so I end up trusting myself more than anyone else.

My dad. Any time I ever screwed up he was always there for me without judgment. Even now he will sacrifice anything to help me out. I'm so grateful.
The best part was when I went through a "goth" phase as a preteen. He proudly carried around a picture of me in tall black boots & clothes, pig tails, and thick black eyeliner. Didn't bother him at all.

WHY HAS NOBODY SAID KAMINA YET?

*Ahem*

Yeah, I guess my Aunt Jan was the person I could always rely on. To everyone else in my family I'm pretty much defined by what I can do, what I can say, what I can acheive or whatever. To her that I was just me was enough, and she would see through any lies I told about what I do with my life and she would just smile knowlingly and joke about how I was such a bad liar but she'd never judge me. She was the only person to tell me I shouldn't let money stop me from doing what I wanted to do, and didn't care if I was successful or not, she just wished that I was more natural and honest.

In short and awesome person. Hell, I could even imagine her saying "Believe in me who believes in you". :D

Latest posts

Back