Perhaps Collective Soul Said it Best...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lost in the Oilfield

Reaction score
The World I Know

Has our conscience shown?
Has the sweet breeze blown?
Has all the kindness gone?
Hope still lingers on.
I drink myself of newfound pity
Sitting alone in new york city
And I dont know why.

Are we listening to hyms of offering?
Have we eyes to see that love is gathering?
All the words that Ive been reading
Have now started the act of bleeding into one.

So I walk up on high
And I step to the edge
To see my world below.
And I laugh at myself
As the years roll down.
cause its the world I know.
Its the world I know.

That is how I feel... all the words that I've been reading on here...
I feel so much better having found this asylum/refuge where I can express deep feelings I just don't know how to share, or was afraid to share, in the world around me.
Thank you all if for nothing else- being here and sharing.

---As an afterthought figured I'd put in the music video for those that haven't seen it---
Thanks Dancer for your kind comment ;)

Think I just watched this video a dozen times in a row now lol.

Lost in the Oilfield said:
The World I Know

Hope still lingers on.
And I dont know why.

So I walk up on high
And I step to the edge
To see my world below.
And I laugh at myself
As the years roll down.
Its the world I know.

I feel so much better having found this asylum/refuge where I can express deep feelings I just don't know how to share, or was afraid to share, in the world around me.

I'm happy you've found something here you've been searching for. I really enjoy reading your posts, even though it can take me a while and I can't understand what you're talking about sometimes! =P

Lost in the Oilfield said:
The World I Know

Hope still lingers on.
And I dont know why.

So I walk up on high
And I step to the edge
To see my world below.
And I laugh at myself
As the years roll down.
Its the world I know.

---As an afterthought figured I'd put in the music video for those that haven't seen it---
Thanks Dancer for your kind comment ;)

Think I just watched this video a dozen times in a row now lol.

OMG I remember that song, I had never seen the video for it, gee the video puts a different slant on the song for me.

Yeah, it did for me too Blue... I have been that guy in the suit more times than I care to recall.

I don't know. Even later today I was feeling a bit... weird... depressed... irritable... I'm not sure. When I read your post I was trying to give a good description of how the song makes me feel, the part where he's about to let go, and there's a flash and a pigeon lands on his arm... so many times nature has affected me like that... so many times in my depression and frustration I've got up, walked outside and wandered off through the woods and fields in the dark of night... and something... I say God... has reached out and picked me up when I let go... carried me in his arms and showed me what, I can't say, but just something each time that made me come out of the darkness. One time, it was freezing and I'd wandered out into a field and lay on my back shivering and miserable... I closed my eyes and shut out the world... I opened them again and saw every star shining in the night sky... I could see endless stars glittering so bright in the cold night. Then I noticed something amazing... the Northern Lights... Aurora Borealis. It was like watching a great, green, shimmering veil blowing in an unseen breeze across the whole night sky... it was such an amazing sight, though I had seen it many times before, that I almost felt like crying. After some time I stood up and walked back inside feeling a warmth that penetrated through my shivering body and gave me hope. I slept well that night. It's like the parable Footsteps in the Sand... where I have looked back and seen that through the hardest times in my life there have only been one set of footsteps... I knew at those times that those footsteps were not mine and I was being carried.

I was originally just going to mention how that part of the video makes me think of that parable, but after looking up the parable and reading, it made my spine tingle, and now that feeling I have been feeling all day has been lifted... I feel good again.

Thanks Blue... in perhaps an indirect way I have you to thank for lifting my spirits.

yeah I love that song too, i listen it a lot when i was in hi school and mostly when i am sad

As the years roll down.
Its the world I know.

sorry but it's "as the tears roll down"

Latest posts

Back