How many friends do u have ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

To tell u the embarrassing truth I actually have zero and have been for quite a long time how about you?

I've got a lot of aquaintances and a couple of friends, but I am trying to be more involved in activities that I have never tried or been to afraid too. Everyone should try at least one thing; it is quite refreshing. We she stop looking for the "right friend" and perhaps be the right friend. No one likes miserable people, but here misery loves company, lol.

i don't remember the feeling of a healthy relationship. either i don't like people, or haven't found the right (...quiet) kind of people. where do you find those? i'm not interested in egos and pride, i want true feelings. screw society rules and values.

Husky, I think we are all separated by large distances or we are simply so afraid to express who we really are in public that no one can find each other.

In my city? virtually none, although I can't deny that I have turned down some opportunities to go beyond "acquaintance" status with people I have met, or interact with almost daily. For example. I'd get asked to go to a concert and tell them something like "sure, I'll think about it! Thanks for the offer!" I could have had a premonition about the proposal, and decided in that moment, before being asked, that I wouldn't dare show up. So yeah, I don't really have people I talk with on the phone (never owned a cellular phone, heh) on a regular basis. I do have a few friends across the country that I talk to every once in a while... like monthly, or sometimes after longer periods.

The city I currently reside in is not the city I grew up in. I didn't even go to college here. So, that + introvert + mid 20s + not being bold about pursuing relationships/being closed + more = hard time on the social front, I guess.

The good news is I sense that people like me. I don't feel like I turn people off. I'm always getting compliments, from looks to character. In fact, I haven't been deprived of that at all in my lifetime. Sometimes, it's not even verbal. You can just sense the positive vibe, just in the way people look at you sometimes.

I don't know. I feel like I could make a lot of friends if I'd just open up a little, and put myself out there more. What's wrong with inviting someone to my place for dinner and conversation or something? I never want to share my feelings with people, or what's going on with me. I don't give people reason enough to want to be attached to me. I'm of the "hi and bye" breed, I guess. As friendly as I am, I guess my concern is if I can be the kind of friend people would want me to be. I'm far from evil, but I feel darkness within me.

Guest said:
To tell u the embarrassing truth I actually have zero and have been for quite a long time how about you?
i have 2 online friends who both wanna be more than just friends so i dunno if that even counts ack

NewBirth said:
i have 2 online friends who both wanna be more than just friends so i dunno if that even counts ack

I have the same problem as you. It seems like every guy I am interested in having a friendship with turns out to be interested in me only as girlfriend material. I hate it. I get along better with guys (i.e. same interests), so not being able to cultivate a friendship with one, because he is too immature to handle his volatile emotions, is incredibly frustrating.

So, in all honestly I can say I have one friend - who lives half way across the country.

I really wish I could make some female friends. I haven't had one of those things since I was in elementary school.

well at least your getting chased by boys lol, I happen to be a boy, with no girlfriend nor female friends. As for me I do all the chasing and all the girls seems to be running away from me :(:(:(:(

RogueTomato said:
NewBirth said:

I have the same problem as you. It seems like every guy I am interested in having a friendship with turns out to be interested in me only as girlfriend material. I hate it. I get along better with guys (i.e. same interests), so not being able to cultivate a friendship with one, because he is too immature to handle his volatile emotions, is incredibly frustrating.

So, in all honestly I can say I have one friend - who lives half way across the country.

I really wish I could make some female friends. I haven't had one of those things since I was in elementary school.
yah almost the same problem urs is guys mine is girls with volatile emotions uhg
LoL@ "one of those things" ... that cracked me up
female friends have never worked for me so good luck with that there

[/quote]
yah almost the same problem urs is guys mine is girls with volatile emotions uhg

[/quote]

yeah rub it in :rolleyes::rolleyes:

me here in aussie land i got zero aside from coworkers and classmates . i have none but across the country i have few. why is it always like that?
:p

Got no real friends. Online i seem to get much better along with girls then i do with other guys my age, tho i dont know what that means.

I have tons of friends.....infact i know alot of people...but it seems, none really care about a hoot about me. Once, I asked my friends what would they do if i died, they answered a matter of factly, "Nothing would happen because we don't need you"....I guess they were joking but....

SadRabbit said:
I have tons of friends.....infact i know alot of people...but it seems, none really care about a hoot about me. Once, I asked my friends what would they do if i died, they answered a matter of factly, "Nothing would happen because we don't need you"....I guess they were joking but....
good hot **** rabbit i keep reading u all over here & u know what i think?
i think u need some new friends!! :rolleyes:

LoL...Newbirth, am I sensitive, or do you have issues with me lol...you dislike me lol?

Latest posts

Back