Is it even worth trying?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stalinorgel

Reaction score
I've just always wanted you know, a girlfriend. Loneliness sucks.

It's just hard being ugly and fat. (No, that's not low self-esteem, just a realization of the facts of life. I actually have fairly high self-esteem in total.)

I've just been thinking if it's even worth bothering to try. I mean, I'm not getting any younger.. If I can't fulfill this sort of happiness through normal means.. I've already discussed with people about becoming a monk, or something.. or perhaps a hardcore heroin addict. (One has to be happy somehow.)

I'm looking for truth, really. Do you think it's even worth a try, forum? Pics below.

Attachments

• Snapshot of me 4.JPG
    Snapshot of me 4.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 41
  • Snapshot of me 14.JPG
    Snapshot of me 14.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 34
inb4Socratestellsyoutohithegym

You are not that fat,or atleast your face isn-t as fat as you make it to be. Well,it-s always worth trying,my uncle was fat as fresia until 40 when he met my aunt (who tbh is/was beautiful) and he married her anyway. So yeah,it-s always worth trying

Never give up!

Respectfully, if you think heroin addicts are "happy" I think you need to think again.

As for the monk thing, I'd say you should talk to some monks first.
I'm thinking that you may be entertaining the idea for the wrong reasons.

Try new things
Reinvent yourself
Don't give up

stalinorgel said:
I've just always wanted you know, a girlfriend. Loneliness sucks. It's just hard being ugly and fat. (No, that's not low self-esteem, just a realization of the facts of life. I actually have fairly high self-esteem in total.) I've just been thinking if it's even worth bothering to try. I mean, I'm not getting any younger.. If I can't fulfill this sort of happiness through normal means.. I've already discussed with people about becoming a monk, or something.. or perhaps a hardcore heroin addict. (One has to be happy somehow.) I'm looking for truth, really. Do you think it's even worth a try, forum? Pics below.

I think you're a handsome dude with even better looks than the actor who plays the character "Zack Addy". Fat? I don't see that. Maybe calculate your BMI and get into shape to your own personal standard. You'd know better on that one. The "hardcore heroin addict"? That asinine comment makes you sound like a huge jerk. Oh yeah, sticking a needle up your arm will "fix" everything just perfectly. LGH:)

Thank you, LGH.. I'm certainly not as handsome as that fellow, but I appreciate the compliment.

I mentioned heroin, not to be "asinine" and such. I've used heroin many times before (sniffing.) I was more or less saying.. whether it would make sense to just start shooting up, so I can atleast get that enjoyment in my mesolimbic pathway system from SOMEWHERE. I mean, it's no fair that guys with GFs have all this fun, but I don't get any enjoyment.. heh. Odd way of thinking of it, I guess.

I did have a girlfriend when I was 17 (25 now), when I was much skinnier. We never had sex (she says we did, but I don't believe her).. We did make out and cuddle, and it was so great and incredible. Cuddling and making out was DEFINITELY better than any drug I've ever done, literally. You could really almost feel the endorphins rushing to your brain.

BTW, yeah I am fat.. I'm like 5' 11" or maybe 6 foot and 260 lbs.

The monk thing, I'm not sure where that came from. I just think it's that I just don't want to feel the emotion of sexual/romantic love (towards non-familial women, you know what I mean)..If there were a way to sort of abolish the want of female companionship I'd probably do it in a heartbeat, considering the way I look, etc... but there isn't. There's Depo-whatever, but that only kills your sex drive. I don't even really want sex, inasmuch as I simply want love and to be loved.. so there goes that idea.

Dunno. Thank you for your comments folks. Enlightening. I'm surprised people actually responded :)

Poueff said:

ROFL! Best. Line. EVER. That was great! :p

Seriously though, even if Socrates did get in before you, hitting the gym isnt that bad for the old self-esteem and I applaud any guys that go and try to get ripped. Any goal you work towards is good in my book, especially one that involves fitness.

Anyways, If you dont try, you go no where. End of final message.

So, these are your options:

1) Try
2) Go no where.

If you select 1) 3 things can happen.

1A) Progress!
2B) Set Backs and/or Mistakes
3C) A mixture of the two!

What is most likely to happen is 3C because you have to fall and make mistakes most times in order to progress.

Don't try to be perfect. No one is. ;)

SophiaGrace said:
Poueff said:

ROFL! Best. Line. EVER. That was great! :p

Seriously though, even if Socrates did get in before you, hitting the gym isnt that bad for the old self-esteem and I applaud any guys that go and try to get ripped. Any goal you work towards is good in my book, especially one that involves fitness.

Anyways, If you dont try, you go no where. End of final message.

So, these are your options:

1) Try
2) Go no where.

If you select 1) 3 things can happen.

1A) Progress!
2B) Set Backs and/or Mistakes
3C) A mixture of the two!

What is most likely to happen is 3C because you have to fall and make mistakes most times in order to progress.

Don't try to be perfect. No one is. ;)

as a side note, I am joining a gym soon.. interesting that some people mentioned it in this thread.. not because i want to be ripped, but it's simply not healthy.. and being fat is a sin, imo.. TBH, I don't even eat that much (most of my money goes to.... drugs, heh), but I'll like not eat for two days, then GORGE myself on food when it presents itself..not a healthy way of eating.. i assure you.. haha

stalinorgel said:
as a side note, I am joining a gym soon.. interesting that some people mentioned it in this thread.. not because i want to be ripped, but it's simply not healthy.. and being fat is a sin, imo.. TBH, I don't even eat that much (most of my money goes to.... drugs, heh), but I'll like not eat for two days, then GORGE myself on food when it presents itself..not a healthy way of eating.. i assure you.. haha

What kind of drugs? Yeah that sounds like eating-disorder behavior.

SophiaGrace said:
stalinorgel said:

What kind of drugs? Yeah that sounds like eating-disorder behavior.

Ah, anything you present to me pretty much. My roommate is a crack cocaine addict..so i sometimes (RARELY, as i don't like stims) indulge in that.. I'm definitely addicted psychologically and sometimes physically to opioids/opiates, including "blues" (30mg roxycodone/oxycodone), dope (heroin/chinawhite), uhm.. just had a codeine before to calm myself down.. also benzodiazepines, waiting for my xanax guy in two hours..Also, cannabis.. Cannabis is probably my drug of choice, but I find myself more "addicted" in a psychological sense to opioids.

Interesting you say eating disorder.. i've never really heard anyone describe me as having that, but i guess in a way it is.. it's just that i rarely have money to buy food.. because I like getting high better (it's the only thing it seems that makes me happy and want to DO things.. like clean the house, talk to friends, go outside and take walks (I'm a nature kinda guy).. etc.)

If you like getting high better than food, do you think...that's kind of indicative of a problem? Maybe you have an underlying mental illness if drugs are the only things that make you happy.

I think you're a nice looking guy, The drugs are a bigger problem then your weight. Don't give up though, it might seem easier to do that but it is harder to live with it over time.

SophiaGrace said:
If you like getting high better than food, do you think...that's kind of indicative of a problem? Maybe you have an underlying mental illness if drugs are the only things that make you happy.

I suppose so, but I remember for a period I wasn't using drugs (about age 18-20) and I was miserable. I smoked pot 15-17 of course.. then depression kicked in, or somethin'. But yeah, I have a problem I guess. I just figure, you know, fresia it.. everyone else is having fun with their friends and wives and girlfriends.. why can't I get a little mesolimbic dopamine stimulation? Granted, it is in a technically "deviant" way.. but..yeah.

stalinorgel said:
SophiaGrace said:

I suppose so, but I remember for a period I wasn't using drugs (about age 18-20) and I was miserable. I smoked pot 15-17 of course.. then depression kicked in, or somethin'. But yeah, I have a problem I guess. I just figure, you know, fresia it.. everyone else is having fun with their friends and wives and girlfriends.. why can't I get a little mesolimbic dopamine stimulation? Granted, it is in a technically "deviant" way.. but..yeah.

You do sound like you might have depression.

SophiaGrace said:
stalinorgel said:
SophiaGrace said:

You do sound like you might have depression.

It's extremely likely. Every anti-depressant I've taken truly sucks though.. I wish I could find the right one.. (correctly on Zoloft). Anyone have any suggestions? Preferably one that gives me "energy".. that is something I sorely need...

Attachments

• Snapshot of me 2.JPG
    Snapshot of me 2.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Snapshot of me 8.JPG
    Snapshot of me 8.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 5
I'm not that well versed in anti-depressants. Maybe you should ask your family physician. They might know.

Progressivley checking the fresia out seeking instant gradifictions...
Monks dont really live in reallities..do they?

I thought about being a monk..but I love pussy to much:..Honeslty.
Im not that fucken delusional

If its working for you...you'll continue
When it stops working and you still do it...that really really suck..so you gatta do more or get stronger honeysuckle.

Being sick N tire...thats different than being sick N tired of being sick N tired
Until you have had enough...no one is going to be able to help you.

No one can save you or fix you.

When ur done...youLL know

When it stops working and you still do it...that really really suck..so you gatta do more or get stronger honeysuckle.

Mhm, yep. I'm sorta lucky though, my tolerance is kinda odd. Just did two bags (D) and Im feeling pretty good. Usually two doesnt do too much.. but im lucky :) maybe it's just good stuff..

Being sick N tire...thats different than being sick N tired of being sick N tired
Until you have had enough...no one is going to be able to help you.

Indeed indeed. words of wisdom.

No one can save you or fix you.

indeed, i suppose i just hope for a girl to somewhat 'rescue me'.. a bad attitude, to be sure, but not unprecedented..but of course, i have to work on it myself also :)

SophiaGrace said:
I'm not that well versed in anti-depressants. Maybe you should ask your family physician. They might know.

Precisely. Sucks my psych called in sick last week. Gotta wait another month to see him. Definitely gonna have a good talk with him :)

Latest posts

Back