Borderline Personality Disorder???

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I ended up here through typing in google “Lost all of my friends”. Over the years I’ve had some fantastic friends and I’ve always been able to easily make friends and be seen by some to be quite “popular” – this is a complete lie.

Like I said I’ve had some fantastic friends, I’m now 32 years old and when I look back over the last 15 years since I left School I think I’ve had around 50 good friends. The only problem is one by one they’ve all been friends with me for a few years until I’ve either been nasty to them, threatened them after drinking alcohol or been nasty about them behind their backs.

I now find myself at an age where it’s difficult to make new friends or to stop my behaviour that makes me loose friends.

I believe that I’ve got Borderline Personality Disorder. I can be very charming, friendly and funny one day, then nasty and off with people the next. I find myself falling out with people over the smallest things. I bear grudges and can be a nasty person.

The thing that I find the most strange is the fact that I have always tended to meet new friends easily as I’ve gone along, whilst falling out with older friends – this seems to happen in a constant cycle.

I find it all very depressing and wish I could go back in time and change my behaviour. I just wish I could be nice to people and keep friends.

I would like to know if anyone else out there has had similar symptoms to this and how they have dealt with them.

Unfortunately we can't go back and change things, wouldn't that be so cool if we could then we'd never make any mistakes to learn from...wait that would create a time paradox...how could we go back in time to change something that happened that would end up not happening thus the reason for traveling back in time... The only thing you can do now is change yourself now in the present for the future. I have an Aunt who is like you, after something rather despicable that she did I no longer care to consider her my Aunt. Maybe you should go see a professional, they can teach you ways of dealing with your problem or if need be get you medication.

Anyway, welcome to the forums! :D

No sense in speculating about whether or not you have Borderline Personality Disorder.

It is a difficult diagnosis and takes actual clinical sessions with a professional where other things such as chemical imbalances and other disorders are ruled out. There is a huuuuge spectrum of conditions that can cause the sorts of behaviors you've just listed.

If you truly think you have a psychological problem, then you need psychological help, NOT self-diagnosis and self-treatment.

Don't get me wrong, BPD is a fascinating subject, but if you are looking for 'reassurance' that you have it, no one here can offer that to you.

Good luck though and nice meeting you! :)

Latest posts

Back