Borderline Personality Disorder???!!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I ended up here through typing in google “Lost all of my friends”. Over the years I’ve had some fantastic friends and I’ve always been able to easily make friends and be seen by some to be quite “popular” – this is a complete lie.

Like I said I’ve had some fantastic friends, I’m now 32 years old and when I look back over the last 15 years since I left School I think I’ve had around 50 good friends. The only problem is one by one they’ve all been friends with me for a few years until I’ve either been nasty to them, threatened them after drinking alcohol or been nasty about them behind their backs.

I now find myself at an age where it’s difficult to make new friends or to stop my behaviour that makes me loose friends.

I believe that I’ve got Borderline Personality Disorder. I can be very charming, friendly and funny one day, then nasty and off with people the next. I find myself falling out with people over the smallest things. I bear grudges and can be a nasty person.

The thing that I find the most strange is the fact that I have always tended to meet new friends easily as I’ve gone along, whilst falling out with older friends – this seems to happen in a constant cycle.

I find it all very depressing and wish I could go back in time and change my behaviour. I just wish I could be nice to people and keep friends.

I would like to know if anyone else out there has had similar symptoms to this and how they have dealt with them.

Well maybe u need to be lonely without friends to appreciate friendship. Its true that u never miss the water until its gone. Its also good to say Im sorry when u make mistakes, specially if u were nasty with ppl who considered u a friend. Hope u find the way to change ur behavior.

Thanks spectacles,

I sometimes wonder if I should get on the phone and ring a few old friends up.
The only thing is that I've been an idiot in my life and said some quite nasty things.

U can get different reactions, specially if u've hurt friends. but I think u will feel better and some of those u call might fell better too. Dont expect them to be friends again thou, coz friendship is about trust and once u cant trust a person u cant be real friends.
Good luck!

Midlands Lad - U.K. said:
Thanks spectacles,

I sometimes wonder if I should get on the phone and ring a few old friends up.
The only thing is that I've been an idiot in my life and said some quite nasty things.

Just ring them up and say sorry midlands, see if you can go out for a drink wth them some weekend and make sure your on your best behavior.

Thanks Mr Burns,

The only thing is, is the fact that most of them now recognise me as "trouble".
As I've said in my earlier post I've got into fights, arguments and said nasty things about
people.

I look back and am disgusted with my behaviour. You'd of thought a sane and rational person
would have recognised a personality fault and dealt with it.

Not me. Carried on the same way all the time. Thats why I believe it's some kind of disorder.

The answer to your question will not be found on a "lonely" board. You need to be diagnosed by a medical professional. In the USA you are referring to the 301.83 diagnosis code from the latest psychiatric authority "DSM-IV-TR". You can read about the diagnostic criteria there. One very important caution: YOU MUST NOT CONSUME ANY ALCOHOL as this will most likely exacerbate whatever condition you have and cause further complications. Good luck. LGH:)

Thanks Mr Burns,

As I've said in my earlier post I've got into fights, arguments and said nasty things about
people.

I look back and am disgusted with my behaviour. You'd of thought a sane and rational person

Not me. Carried on the same way all the time. Thats why I believe it's some kind of disorder.

You dont sound that different from me to be honest, I am a nice person and am very, very selfless but I can instantly turn violent for no reason. Its mostly when I go on the football. It sounds funny to some but it has previously got me in trouble with police at the game and have been dragged out of stadiums plenty of times. Millions of people have disorders though so dont feel to down about it Midlands!

MrBurns said:
Thanks Mr Burns,

people.

You dont sound that different from me to be honest, I am a nice person and am very, very selfless but I can instantly turn violent for no reason. Its mostly when I go on the football. It sounds funny to some but it has previously got me in trouble with police at the game and have been dragged out of stadiums plenty of times. Millions of people have disorders though so dont feel to down about it Midlands!

Do you have similar symptoms to me mate?
Falling out with people all the time etc?

MrBurns said:
Thanks Mr Burns,

people.

Do you have similar symptoms to me mate?
Falling out with people all the time etc?

I dont really have no one to fall out with mate, I dont really have any friends. I go on the football myself, suppose its better that way because I get no one else in trouble. :D

Nice one mate, your too big a club to go down.

I wouldnt say that mate, we only get about 9,000 on these days. Problem with Preston is within half an hours drive you have

Man utd
Man city
Liverpool
Everton
Wigan
Blackpool
Burnley
Blackburn
Bolton

Its alot of clubs to compete with for support especially when you have united and liverpool thrown in there.

I see mate, never though about it like that. You've got a
lot of clubs up there.
In the East Mids we've on got Florest, Jumper making Leicester.

Stay in contact on here mate, We'll have a beer at a Preston - Derby game mate.

I see mate, never though about it like that. You've got a
lot of clubs up there.
In the East Mids we've on got Florest, Jumper making Leicester.

Stay in contact on here mate, We'll have a beer at a Preston - Derby game mate.

Sounds like a plan mate! North End are terrible this season all though it sounds like were running the show at Watford on the radio. Hows County doing this season?

Latest posts

Back