Looking for... anyone really!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Lorre

Reaction score
Hello all!

I'm a 23 year old male from Belgium, who has recently joined up because it seemed to me (after browsing a few threads) that this forum's a good place to meet some more interesting people!

First a bit about myself:

I'm a history student, in my last year. I like sports, such as soccer or swimming. I like to jog, cross country ski, or even something as simple as a long walk. I enjoy movies, particularly films from the first half of the 20th century. I like to read, used to do it alot but unfortunately alot less these days... I enjoy travelling, and quite frankly alot of other things. But let's face it, it's sort of pointless to post it all here as that would be giving away the plot before actually reading the book!

Now why am I here? Well, I've recently been going through some rough times, and it wouldn't hurt for me to be able to make some new friends; some genuinely nice people who I could share some of my burdens with. On top of that, I just really like people. I like their stories and their history.
Bottomline is: what I really want is to find some people I can talk to/chat with/mail to/meet up with/... on a regular basis; people who want to tell me their problems, share their happyness when something great happens, or who even tell me something as simple as how their day went and what they had for lunch.

I'm up for all of it, as I'm interested in you, your passions, your dreams, your everydaylife. So don't hesitate to PM me, because who knows where it'll brings us? Maybe 5 years from now we'll be sipping a drink on some exotic beach, still wondering how we ever managed to get there! So lets just do this!

Friendly greetings and looking forward to hearing from you ;)

Peter Lorre's face and voice always creeped me the fresia out (the actor, not you!) It was weird for me to hear him speaking in German when I saw M...I just never thought his weird voice was any sort of accent, I figured he just naturally sounded like a pervert (a flasher more specifically).

But I'm getting WAY off topic! Feel free to share your burdens, man. I'm not exactly a "people person" but I'd be happy to listen to you, as I'm sure anybody else here would. You could PM me if you feel like? Either way, welcome to ALL.

Welcome to ALL! It was a pleasure to read your intro post. I like the same genre films as you do. I like the ones from the late 1930's through the late 1950's. Here in the USA I watch them primarily on either the "Turner Classic Movies" or "Fox Movie Classics" cable TV channels. There's something very relaxing about the nostalgia. One of my favorite child actors is Margaret O'Brien. What a cutie! There were so many amazing films and "Celluloid Heroes" in those days! Best, LGH:)

LGH1288 said:
Welcome to ALL! It was a pleasure to read your intro post. I like the same genre films as you do. I like the ones from the late 1930's through the late 1950's. Here in the USA I watch them primarily on either the "Turner Classic Movies" or "Fox Movie Classics" cable TV channels. There's something very relaxing about the nostalgia. One of my favorite child actors is Margaret O'Brien. What a cutie! There were so many amazing films and "Celluloid Heroes" in those days! Best, LGH:)

I love the Kinks!
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi and welcome. Don't hesitate to PM or anything, always a pleasure to have a good conversation. :)

Hi! :) What a great intro post. You sound like a real "people-person." Humans reaching out, in a friendly way, to other humans is always nice to see. I'm looking forward to reading a lot more from you. :)

Right now I'm watching "I Was An Adventuress" (1940) starring Vera Zorina and Erich von Stroheim, with PETER LORRE in the role of "Polo":)

Thanks for the warm welcome, the PM's and the replies guys/girls! Makes me feel right at home ;)

An archist said:
Peter Lorre's face and voice always creeped me the fresia out (the actor, not you!) It was weird for me to hear him speaking in German when I saw M...I just never thought his weird voice was any sort of accent, I figured he just naturally sounded like a pervert (a flasher more specifically).

But I'm getting WAY off topic! Feel free to share your burdens, man. I'm not exactly a "people person" but I'd be happy to listen to you, as I'm sure anybody else here would. You could PM me if you feel like? Either way, welcome to ALL.

Haha, yes! He creeps me out aswell, almost all the time. I really loved him in M though, definetly one of my alltime favourite movies.

Right now I'm watching "I Was An Adventuress" (1940) starring Vera Zorina and Erich von Stroheim, with PETER LORRE in the role of "Polo":)

Never seen that one, but seems like I should as I really like Erich von Stroheim aswell!

Hi! What a great intro post. You sound like a real "people-person." Humans reaching out, in a friendly way, to other humans is always nice to see. I'm looking forward to reading a lot more from you.

Thanks for the kind words :D I'm looking forward to writing more on these boards, as it seems like a really fun place. I guess I truly am mostly a people's person as I can really enjoy being around people/big groups, however, I do have my "loner" periods, from time to time :)

floffyschneeman said:
LGH1288 said:

I love the Kinks!
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi and welcome. Don't hesitate to PM or anything, always a pleasure to have a good conversation. :)

Missed your reply there, thanks for the welcome! Am loving the avatar btw

Hey, welcome to the site. You seem like a fascinating specimen. Good luck and I'm here if you ever want to talk. :)

0CI355A said:
Hey, welcome to the site. You seem like a fascinating specimen. Good luck and I'm here if you ever want to talk. :)

Thanks for the kind words and the offer. I'll keep you up on that sometime ;)

Peter Lorre said:
0CI355A said:

Thanks for the kind words and the offer. I'll keep you up on that sometime ;)

Yes please do. (hello)

For the best, I think. :D

I really am sorry to be hijacking your introduction thread and trying to turn it around.

Latest posts

Back