Looking for fellow gamers

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

World Warrior

Reaction score
As one of my main hobbies and passions is gaming, I am looking for others to talk about and perhaps/hopefully play some games with.

Unfortunately I have very few friends who play games, and less than that who play the same games as I do, so I'd love to find some people to team up with. Also, I've not been playing very social games lately, so it's rare to meet any new friends in-game.

Note: I don't currently own any consoles, I play exclusively on the PC.

So if anyone shares my interest in games (of all kinds; fighting, strategy, FPS, RPG, you name it), let me know. We can chat, or maybe even play some. Multiplayer games I play on occasion include but are not limited to: Left4Dead, Team Fortress 2, Starcraft 2, Killing Floor, Battlefield BC2, League of Legends, Borderlands, the list goes on...

I'd rather not list my various handles here, so I'll just PM anyone who is interested.

Although I'm not much for online gaming these days, I do enjoy gaming in general. Escapism has been a pleasant past-time for a good while now. Started gaming with the original NES back in the day, and have been playing generally most consoles and the likes till recent days. Nowadays, generally play on the PC or DSi when I got the time. Have been a bit out of the loop with the latest releases since my rig is hopelessly outdated, and I don't own any proper consoles after I gave up my telly.

So, if you're interested, I'm more than glad to chew the fat about games in general. Always enjoy talking to new people. I'm more of an RPG and strategy gamer than anything else, but I've dabbled in pretty much all genres in my time.

I'm a bit of a gamer, although I used to game alot more in the past. Used to have a NES, a SNES, a few gameboys, a PS one and a Sega. Most of them broke down, apart from the SNES and the PS, but I don't really seem to enjoy playing on those as much anymore.

I do play on the pc though, mostly Age of Empires II on gameranger with my best friend, some old Doom online and from time to time I still play a few MMORPG's (played WoW).

So yeah, I'd love to game along or chat about games, but I'm not really up to date anymore, as I barely follow any new released games. I'm available for 'retro' games talk though :p

Thanks for the replies, dudes!

Peter Lorre said:
I'm a bit of a gamer, although I used to game alot more in the past. Used to have a NES, a SNES, a few gameboys, a PS one and a Sega. Most of them broke down, apart from the SNES and the PS, but I don't really seem to enjoy playing on those as much anymore.
My old Genesis by some miracle still functions, although the controller ports only seem to allow the d-pad and one other button to work, so it's kind of useless for most games.

Peter Lorre said:
I do play on the pc though, mostly Age of Empires II on gameranger with my best friend, some old Doom online and from time to time I still play a few MMORPG's (played WoW).
I've played my share of WoW... never again, though... never again.

Peter Lorre said:
So yeah, I'd love to game along or chat about games, but I'm not really up to date anymore, as I barely follow any new released games. I'm available for 'retro' games talk though :p
Bread said:
Have been a bit out of the loop with the latest releases since my rig is hopelessly outdated, and I don't own any proper consoles after I gave up my telly.
Shame! But ah well, even if we probably can't play anything together, I'm always up for talking games. It's one subject I can ramble on about for hours, heh.

Hey Warrior

I am also a gamer and it is my only real hobby along with pc computers

I grew up with the commadore 64 age and got in the Amiga series and endet up with PC

Lately i have installed 3 screens with the radeon gfx card called eyefinity. My game list is also wide, but at the moment i grew tired of my games, so i olny do black ops now until diablo 3 and other big games releases.

Do you know about Tunngle ?
http://www.tunngle.net/

It its a small program that created a virtual LAN network that allows you to play all the old games together.
even the ones that isent "original" bought ;)

I miss a good game that can be played with a friend and bring several hours of fun
No i am done with world of warcraft for good :D

But keep in touch for a game solution

Psycrow said:
Lately i have installed 3 screens with the radeon gfx card called eyefinity.
Oooh, I've heard of that. Pretty fancy. Doesn't it feel a bit overwhelming, though? I guess you get used to it.

Psycrow said:
My game list is also wide, but at the moment i grew tired of my games, so i olny do black ops now until diablo 3 and other big games releases.
I am pretty disheartened with Blizzard right now. Was really looking forward to Diablo 3 a couple years ago but don't really care anymore at this point.

Psycrow said:
Do you know about Tunngle ?
http://www.tunngle.net/

It its a small program that created a virtual LAN network that allows you to play all the old games together.
even the ones that isent "original" bought ;)
That's pretty interesting. I'll have to look into it.

ron77hays said:
Does it count if the only game you play is zuma?
I looked up what that was, and it's made by PopCap Games! Good company. Plants vs. Zombies is awesome.

hey i play League of Legends, starcraft 2, and bad company 2. i would love someone else to play with! just message me and i can give you my in game name and real id, i would rather not post it here for the world to see.

Yes the eyefinity setup can sometimes be 2 screens to much, when you just sit there and browse the internet and post on forums like i do now. And most games fail to use it, so you need to run other programs like widescreen fixer. Or else it looks like small chubby dwarf on a battel field :D Kindof like in the funny mirror house hehe.

It should be best used for car and simulation games.

Remember with the tunngle network, then you need to have the exactly same versions of games, and sometimes people use different mods like dota and that.

should you have any question regard anything then send me a private message

i am a fellow gamer. i mostly play shooters, action games, and RPGs. i dont play sports or racing games. never really play fighting games anymore either. i have kind of strayed away from versus multiplayer lately. i used to play call of duty and halo online quite often but not so much anymore. my favorite games are RPGs. the mass effect games are probably my favorites. i am currently almost done with second run of dragon age origins. i will probably do my third run right after that, lol. im hooked on that game right now. other than that lately i have been playing borderlands with a few friends, helping them level up and complete stuff.

I'm a video gamer as well, been playing for twenty years. I'm currently on a first playthrough of Dead Space (on chapter 10 right now). I'm a PC gamer, but I have a lot of consoles sitting around that I play on sometimes.

I haven't been playing like I used to though, currently waiting on Dragon Age 2 and Total War: Shogun 2 to come out. I was heavily addicted to The Lord of the Rings Online for about eight months, broke away from that because it was, well, MMO's feel like they control you not the other way around ha ha.

I have PSN and steam, if you want to add me feel free to send me a PM.

Hi, I'm a gamer, but I only like mmorpg's.
Like the cutesy asian kind...o_O
I wish I had a friend to play with...

-favor Japanese developers
-can enjoy most genres
-love single and multi player (online) games
-not into pc gaming
-care about music found in videogames as much as any other kind
-always craving something groundbreaking but get a great deal of enjoyment out of old school gameplay and production values

I'm a gamer. Though I have a PS2 and PS3. My favorite developer is Hideo Kojima and I love the MGS series. Big fan. As a matter of fact I saw the guy in person...just missed my chance of getting my games signed. :( But I found out we're both alike. Growing up on movies, being an only child, and turning on the tv at the end of the day to ease the loneliness in this world. I wish him and I spoke...I'm sure we would have been friends. Maybe one day I will work for him.. sorry I'm getting off topic.

I'm usually on the PS3 but I don't get on to play alot...however I do play MW2, Black Ops, and Metal Gear Online sometimes. Want to be my friend? Send a message requesting my PSN. Thank you!

Thanks for all the replies so far, everyone! Considering the Networking section seemed a bit dead in the past, I am impressed. Hopefully it keeps going.

PaperDuck87 said:
I'm a gamer. Though I have a PS2 and PS3. My favorite developer is Hideo Kojima and I love the MGS series. Big fan. As a matter of fact I saw the guy in person...just missed my chance of getting my games signed. Sad But I found out we're both alike. Growing up on movies, being an only child, and turning on the tv at the end of the day to ease the loneliness in this world. I wish him and I spoke...I'm sure we would have been friends. Maybe one day I will work for him.. sorry I'm getting off topic.

I'm usually on the PS3 but I don't get on to play alot...however I do play MW2, Black Ops, and Metal Gear Online sometimes. Want to be my friend? Send a message requesting my PSN. Thank you!

Kojima is indeed a cool guy. MGS is one of my favorites of all time.

Alas, I don't have a PS3. Perhaps someone else in this thread will join you on PSN, though.

jjam said:
-care about music found in videogames as much as any other kind

I'm the same. I probably have more game soundtracks than I do regular albums, in fact.

I guess i can call myself an old school gamer.. i've started playing Doom, Heretic, Wolf3d, Warcraft2 & a bunch of other dos games when I was like...idk 8 maybe. still like dos games... I love RPGs of almost all kinds, except for MMOs; stealth, horror games and even some adventure games; i liked these slower paced games, they're all the more immersive once you figure out the story and characters. but I have recently settled for Hoyle board / card games thanks to my hectic schedule

can anyone here recommend some older RPGs, something similar to Diablo, Nox or elder scrolls maybe?

Rigel said:
I guess i can call myself an old school gamer.. i've started playing Doom, Heretic, Wolf3d, Warcraft2 & a bunch of other dos games when I was like...idk 8 maybe. still like dos games... I love RPGs of almost all kinds, except for MMOs; stealth, horror games and even some adventure games; i liked these slower paced games, they're all the more immersive once you figure out the story and characters. but I have recently settled for Hoyle board / card games thanks to my hectic schedule

can anyone here recommend some older RPGs, something similar to Diablo, Nox or elder scrolls maybe?

You should try Baldurs Gate series , Gothic 1 - 2 (one of the best rpg's I've ever played if not the best), Vampire the Masquerade , Neverwinter Nights. These are all older games , there are plenty of good new ones let me know if you want some more names.

EDIT: also if you like survival horrors try Amnesia: The Dark Descent , I promise you it's like nothing you have played before.

PaperDuck87 said:
I'm a gamer. Though I have a PS2 and PS3. My favorite developer is Hideo Kojima and I love the MGS series. Big fan. As a matter of fact I saw the guy in person...just missed my chance of getting my games signed. :( But I found out we're both alike. Growing up on movies, being an only child, and turning on the tv at the end of the day to ease the loneliness in this world. I wish him and I spoke...I'm sure we would have been friends. Maybe one day I will work for him.. sorry I'm getting off topic.

Metal Gear Solid is an amazing game, I remember playing the first Metal Gear Solid on the PS1 when I was 12 years old and growing up with the series. Curious to see how Rising turns out when it's released. PM sent.

Latest posts

Back