Blue Sky My Story So Far

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Sky

Reaction score
Well I have been on this forum for a while now. I joined the forum because I was very lonely and had alot of time on my hands. Before I joined I was recovering from years of alcohol abuse and depression. Well I am happy to say that I have finally got a job. It's with a company that repair water pumps, sell rain water tanks and also sell swimming pool products and do swimming pool service, so yes folks, I'm now The Pool Guy lol. So I'm very happy with my recovery and it's another step forward for me. I also want to thank other members who have given me advice and a gentle push forward when I needed it. I will add more to this story as time goes by.

Blue Sky

Blue Sky said:
Well I have been on this forum for a while now. I joined the forum because I was very lonely and had alot of time on my hands. Before I joined I was recovering from years of alcohol abuse and depression. Well I am happy to say that I have finally got a job. It's with a company that repair water pumps, sell rain water tanks and also sell swimming pool products and do swimming pool service, so yes folks, I'm now The Pool Guy lol. So I'm very happy with my recovery and it's another step forward for me. I also want to thank other members who have given me advice and a gentle push forward when I needed it. I will add more to this story as time goes by.

Blue Sky

Hi Blue Sky!

Sounds as though you're well and truly on the road to getting your life sorted out.

Congratulations on your new job!

=)

Hey man, thats a cool job...think of it, without you, there wouldn't be clean swimming pools, and water will not be pumped out.... so do your job with pride ya.....=) and congratz, who knows, maybe next time as you progress, you can even set up your own pool cleaning company =)

BlueSky, YAY I'm sooooo happy for you! You really deserve this! One baby step added to another! You can do this!

Pool service will allow you fresh air and not sitting in a cold office all day, it's a valuable service, every pool owner usually needs help as it's a difficult thing to maintain.

I hope to have a pool someday and I will ask you for advice!

Congratulations again! Keep strong on your sobriety, and more blessings to you!

Congrats Blue!!!

First question for the Pool Guy.....should I buy a solid winter cover or a mesh cover for my above ground pool? :) Oh, second question....will this advice cost me???? :)

Really happy for you!

lol how are you liking it so far? My cousin works with a pool company as well...and i think that company may repair pumps as well..but not sure. Lol he's the calmest guy in the world though...I think it's partially because he enjoys his job as well...lol

Well it's been over two months since my last post in this thread, I've still got my job, it was a real challenge at first because alot of it is physical work and I hadn't worked for so long. So I had many aches and pains at the start but I stuck at it and everything has settled down now and I enjoy my work. I also don't feel anywhere near as lonely or bored now compared to when I was unemployed. I also do some customer service in my job and that has really helped with my communication and social skills and how to deal with people and not to take everything to heart. My life has been like a rollercoaster over the last few years, but I have learnt so much specially about myself, so in a way I'm glad that some of the issues I have had to deal with happened. So I will just keep trying and never give up because I'd rather be on top of the rollercoaster, not down the bottom.

I think that when you have been fro as much as some hear like you that it dose in the end make you a better person and moor capable of standing alone and proud. You should be proud of yourself for not drinking. I have done a bit of that. I have no where near got a problem with drink but I have got drunk on moor then one aceshen to forget about my troubles. It never helps and always makes me feel weirs. The only thing drink dose is enhances the way your all ready feeling.

Good for you Blue Sky, I have read a lot of your posts hear and you are level headed and deserve to fined some happiness and contentment :)

Hey Blue Sky,

Well done, its so nice to hear a success story, I look forward to seeing more of them on here =¬D

Nobody_is_lonely said:
Good !! Keep it up!!
Dont give up .... keep fighting!!

Do you realise that you was the 1000th person to become a member?

Do no but I think that's pretty cool

Blue Sky said:

Blue Sky
lots of respect, I think, that one of the hardest obsticles to overcome in life is to get over adictions and most impo is to stay sober, not to slip.
for many this is impossible, obviouslu u have will power.
great job

Well I just thought I'd update my story cause it's been a while. I've had my job for five months now, gee time flies. I feel I have settled in and I am enjoying my working life once again. I'm still off the drink, though I did have a little mis-hap with the booze around christmas time so I'll prepare myself better for next christmas and my birthday so it doesn't happen again. Maybe do a few AA meetings around that time. I'm still very lonely, specially on the weekend when I'm not at work, so my next step is to work on the social side of my life, I have a few ideas that I will follow up on. I still enjoy being on this site also, I still get alot of motivation and ideas from here just from reading the posts. So I'll just keep on plugging away till my next update.

Great to hear the progress you're having, Blue Sky! :)
I'm happy for you. Hope it all goes well for you as well ;)

I remember that happening at christmas. I remember thinking to my self that I had no clue in how I could help.

I think in any addiction that you have there are bound to be slip ups, times of weakness like christmas and it well not make it any easier for you being alone. The only addiction I have ever known is smoking. I have been stopped for just over two years. The 4th of february is that date. It was not easy to do. And I tried many times be for I eventually kicked that dirty habit. I did stop be for for a year and a half then started again. But this time is for good. Remember don't give up in giving up. What would your advise be for someone that has any kind of addiction?

My latest update is: Had my job for 8 months now. I'm still off the booze. Bought a second hand Mazda MX5 sports car.:cool: I'm also on a dating site but I tend to find more epal types on there rather than going out on dates, but that's ok. Still have my epal in Germany that I've had for three years, forgot to mention that before. I look back a few years and I have now got alot more going on than I used to, and I'll just keep on going, the best I can do.:)

Is it a convertible? Am currently trying to buy this garage near me cos at the minute I have to park my car in a car park near where I live. If I get this garage I may get a convertible. hah sorry for going off-topic. I well delete this post if you like :) Still I think you have done well mate. Not sure what an "epal" is tho. I have googled it but still I do not know.

Oh I see about the E-pal lol me not read it right. You posing bugger :p If I get the garage I am so going to get a convertible. Sept all have no money left so I well have to do some moor saving lol

Latest posts

Back