Feeling low and lonely

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funkymonkey

Reaction score
Split with my gf of 2 years a month ago, we had just grown apart, we had no sex or even cuddles for the last few months.
We still occasionally chat on facebook but I dunno if I can even be bothered to do that for much longer.

Sorry to lay this on everyone but my life has been a litany of woes for the last few months. my pet dog died suddenly last October, I lost my job and then my gf & then because I had no money/nowhere to live I had to move back in with my family at age of 42.

I went to the Dr's who told me I was depressed & tried to fill me full of pills, I'm not depressed I'm just lonely.

I've been going out and doing stuff like yoga classes, but I just feel so empty on the way home.

I dunno why but things go well for me for a bit,then they just fall apart all at once all the time.

That's life, everyone has moments when everything goes well, then life hands us a grenade and it blows up in our face. We fall to learn to to pick ourselves back up. It doesn't matter how old you are sh!t happens, we plug along until it gets better and try to make the most of it. You just have to focus on the positive and work on the negative. If you feel empty maybe you should focus on what you are looking for at this point in your life, what would fill that emptiness and work towards that. You're not alone in the way you feel, this site is a testament to that.

Hi Funkymonkey,
welcome to the forums :)

I realized that we often found ourselves starting all over again, no matter how old we are. Loneliness can make us feel so down coz when some other things in our life fall apart, we feel we need the support of others, at least u have ur family that can help u til u find a new job. Keep on going out and practising yoga (I did that for a month and felt really good:) U will eventually find the way to make things work again.

best of luck!

I have had the same thing. Every time I seem to be getting somewhere, it all falls apart.

We live our lives by contrast.
We wouldn't appreciate the "good times" if it weren't for the suffering that we compare them to.

Breathe in
Breathe out

Sometimes we must live in survival mode for a while.

*hugs funky moneky*

it just seems that life kicks us when we're down and such and it sucks,

but this happens to pretty much everyone we have the bad weeks months and years but we get by :)

I dunno why but things go well for me for a bit,then they just fall apart all at once all the time.

that's just ******* life unfortunatly, for all of us, I view is that my life is the process of building house out of cards,
it's just the process of building it up and having it all fall apart and putting it all back together again

but remember we're all in this together and I'm pulling for you

*hugs*

hey..
stop thinking about sadness.. the more you think.. the more strong your depression gets..

Try your best to find an interesting job.. the rest will happen on its own... Trust me..

Latest posts

Back