Why should i live?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alonleylife

Reaction score
Tbh i dont know why im here... I just want a place to write down what i feel, im not looking for someone to pity me or anything like that. I just want to expres my self.

Every week of every day and every minute and every second i feel like i should die! I have never experienced true love or true friendship. I don´t know what more i should write but what i know is that i feel so lonely and sad that i cry every night! I don´t know why i haven´t killed myself already tbh... Every day i think up 10 different ways i could kill myself.

Don't kill yourself, life can be really great!

I'm really sorry that things aren't going so well for you and that you haven't made any true friends yet... but that doesn't mean it can't happen! I'm sure there are people out there who'd love to get to know you better. There's definetly people like that on these forum boards!

I'm sorry that I can't give any useful advice, but I really wanted to say this: don't give up!

Your world can change in a single moment, tomorrow you could meet the best friend you ever needed.!

"Every day i think up 10 different ways i could kill myself."

Every day you can think of just one way to heal yourself.!
Life can be hard, life can be cruel, I've been around the block a bit and I know all that too.
Right now my own life is at one of its lowest ever points, but I'm trying to keep on rolling on and not give in to despair.
don't give up yet alonelylife when you have you made it so far already.

Hey alonelylife,
welcome to the forums :)

My advice is try to find meaning in simple things in life. Value the things u have and dont measure ur life for the relations u dont have YET. Life can be hard, but its worthwhile.

Dont give up!!

Why should you live?

Because, in death, there is no chance to have a better life. You will never have the chance to smile again, never again will you have the chance to feel joy, to work through your problems.

Instead, you will be dead. No more chances. Nothing.

Hi alonleylife-
A lot of us here have felt the way you do at one time or another. Tell us more about yourself - do you work or go to school? Don't give in to feeling like you want to kill yourself - stick around awhile, please. Welcome to the forum and nice to meet you!

Teresa

welcome alonelylife, everyone already told you some good advices. I'm sorry that you feel that way about yourself and your life. but to think about it, the fact that we're alive, we are free to make the most of it, is enough reason to say that we're lucky. When a young person dies, everyone would say what a waste cos he/she could be this and that. It's true, while we are living we can experience simple joys, maybe not enough reason for living but enough reason to go by the day. We also have the ability to bond with others and touch other people's lives who are in need of friendship, we also have the capability to better ourselves and to contribute to something bigger than us, making changes in our lives and our surroundings. We have so much potential even just by living every days we have while we're still alive.

welcome again and I hope you'll like it here :)

Since you mentioned about friendship and love, I guess that could be the motivation, it's not like it is impossible to experience such a thing, it could happen one day.

I also think about dying a lot, but it's not like I really wanted to die, but why should I die when in the back of my head I just wanted to be happy? The fact I can't experience such a thing now doesn't mean it can't happen the next moment, most of the time I don't really know what I want, I don't know how to be happy, maybe I could figure it out one day, but I certainly don't want to die and I don't want to suffer, I think everyone are capable, I mean it is so easy and natural for some people to be happy, maybe life really is simple and one day everyone could get the hang of it, it could just be shitty chemical ******* with me in my head and maybe they'll be gone tomorrow morning.

Hi all. Can anyone help me? I searched the answer of that question for a long time now and i found nothing. Why should i live?

Someone answered as below from previous replies.
Because, in death, there is no chance to have a better life. You will never have the chance to smile again, never again will you have the chance to feel joy, to work through your problems.

Sorry but all the answers of others are waste of time. You tell people like me what u heard from somewhere someone. Ur life can change in a simgle day or shits like this. U really really dont understand, u r just talking what makes sense to u and keeps u going. I am not saying this because i am depressed actually i am not depressed. I just found nothing to live for. I always ask questiond to myself about everthing and i always found some answers but now i am stuck. The previous reply makes some sense. But now i want to ask a new one to u. what if i am living now in negatives. isn't nothing better than negative? I know someday someone can find some positive but i am pretty sure i won't.

Above was the things i thought after reading previous replies. Now i wanna give some of my opinion and ask my questions. I am not asking about feelings and some quotes. I am asking ur thoughts, an answer. Why do u live? Do u live to ne loved, to be happy?
After long thoughts, i really do not find any reason to live. i am gonna do it 2 days later. i looked everywhere i can think of for an answer. I will look for ur answers. I hope i will find sth that will change my mind.

Look, I don't know who you are but I sincerely do not want anything to happen to you.

Because there are so many people who don't get a chance to live that life that you have. Kids who die of cancer... people killed in tragedy... for them... alone, you should force yourself to breath in and out, daily, just because they can't and never got that shot.

mdyilmaz said:
Someone answered as below from previous replies.

Sorry but all the answers of others are waste of time. You tell people like me what u heard from somewhere someone. Ur life can change in a simgle day or shits like this. U really really dont understand, u r just talking what makes sense to u and keeps u going.

Don't understand? How can you possibly know what any of us have been through and what our thoughts have been?
sorry, but those answers you look down upon are NOT a waste of time, they are the truth.
If you don't like your life, change what you can, accept what you can't. There are a million reasons to live, you just need to find one of those reasons. If you can't do that, then something in your life HAS to change.

LonelySutton, so u r saying since some people could not live, we should live for them. But then why should have they lived? How their lives are related to mine and why should i care?

Been there done that, get a Dog---------Been helping me for over 40 years, I know they don't live long, but i know they had a good life. maybe 12 I have cried for when I lose them, but they pulled me out of depression. I have a lab and a boxer, the boxer is getting old, but we pulled through it together. Been alone most my life, had some good times and bad ones, but I keep going. Suicide is to Terminal and there is no way back. I don't have any relatives, but I manage. Holidays are the worst. Hank in there, never give up. I'm 63 and just keep waking up, my dogs depend on me . Dave

TheRealCallie,
Sorry if i offended anyone but i did not want to accuse anyone. I just wanted to say that some people do not focus on thinking and answering the question. They just search from their past knowledge and experience and find a match, sometimes not exact, and assume that is the answer. That is just human nature and not only about this topic. I am talking about answers like u can find a new reason every day or life can be hard but dont give up. These are not the answer to question. These are just the feeling of these people when they hear the question.

Now let us get back to ur answers.

You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them. ~ Maya Angelou
So, if u r saying i am thinking like this because of my past, u r wrong. However, i have to add u r partially correct since past experience is a part of the things that determine the character and thoughts of someone. Noone can claim otherwise but i can assure u that u cannot just reduce someone to his past

When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself. ~ Earl Nightingale
I agree partially. However, i am more of a big fan of defining anything. Problem of defining is that when u define and draw lines, when something new come u try to match that from the past prototypes and try to find a match. I want an answer for the question. I am not interested in the life or past or who the person answers it.

The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
That is a nice quote. That sounds right but that does not mean we should just accept it is right. Let me try to understand that answer. U r saying we hold the control of our destiny. I will skip the religious part of this discussion. Let us just say it is true. So u r saying everyone look within themself and find the meaning of their life and their reason. In a way u r saying there is no wrong answer. However, did not u also mean to say that there is no right answer. What i understand is there is no answer. Each person choose sth for themself and make it their reason to live. So, each person find sth to make keep themselves going, in a way an excuse, and live accordingly. So, believing this sentence is a defence mechanism. We subconsciously make a desicion and make ourself believe it. We find a way to live, find a meaning and maybe find ourselves happy. I think that is just kidding urself, not to offend, this is subconsciously. I dont think this is a reason to live. Just because we found sth from ourself in a quote and then assuming it is true since it makes sense does not make it right.

By the way i wanted to say thank u all for replies.
As i said i thought about this a lot but i am always open to new ideas.
I will think and try to reply every posts.
I am just trying to understand, please share all of ur opinions.

I am new to this forum. Sorry i thought those quotes r also ur answer.
You also said, "If you don't like your life, change what you can, accept what you can't."
So r u saying if i like my life i should live. I dont like my life i should make myself like it somehow. That was exactly my point. I dont want ur idea based on ur assumption that i dont want to live because i am just a sad man. I want opinions not consalation. I dont want there are infinite reasons or try to like this or that. I just want an answer to the question, direct answer, why do u live, why should one live

mdyilmaz said:
LonelySutton, so u r saying since some people could not live, we should live for them. But then why should have they lived? How their lives are related to mine and why should i care?

Just go visit a cancer ward and all will be clear.

Latest posts

Back