What is the opposition to bulking and cutting? Seriously?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mr. Sir

We have already established that a muscular body....

A) Raises your dating market value

B) Prevents you from being bullied.

All guys who are involuntarily single have 90% of the time suffered from those two issues. Guys, who hear has had a girl "friendzone" them and cry on your shoulder about the hot alpha she was dating? Come forward and tell your stories.

This improves your health, and makes both genders subconsciously respect you. And it is IN YOUR CONTROL. If you are younger than 30, sexually frustrated, and lonely WHY NOT get on a workout plan and chart out your gains?

If I was promoting something that had harmful side effects (steroids, selling weed for extra cash) then aversion to the idea would make sense. But this does not. If you have EXTRA TIME in your day to either watch TV and play video games, neither of which are constructive hobbies (unless the TV is intelligent like the history channel or animal planet) then I don't see why you couldn't allot that time for a dedicated fitness plan.

C'mon guys.

Another thing I want to add is, EVEN if you do find the right cute sweet girl (like Psychologist did) she can still replace you at the DROP OF A ******* HAT. You piss her off once, and she'll be gone. Dudes who suffer long periods of loneliness often do find girls, but after she dumps you, you'll be back to square one. You need a PERMANENT solution to the PERMANENT problem.

I am specifically addressing this to dudes who have had ROTTEN success, not people like Badjedidude. I am not saying that "only jacked dudes get relationships". I'm saying that if you're dating life has been zero success, and you are encroaching on your mid-twenties, then it's time to start taking SERIOUS action.

A jacked bod shows a woman that you are a good protector and a hard worker. That's a man's role in life. There's nothing shallow about liking that.

How bulked and cut are you? Show us.
I find men who take care of their children to be a huge turn-on. Ever try to stay bulked and cut while taking care of an infant? Kinda hard to feed a baby and bench press at the same time. Which would be more important to you? Tell us.

Teresa

Because you're making it to the point where you think, for everyone, that's all that matters. And, imo, you make it out like if a dude isn't a meathead, then no female will want him. And that's not true. Say you were buff and perfectly cut, and you still didn't have a woman. What then? Put mind over muscle, and maybe you can get somewhere.

The thing is, Socrates is going right to the visual aspects of things. Okay, I admit it. 6 packs are sexy. They are! However, I wouldnt reject a guy based on them NOT having a 6 pack. Nor is having a 6 pack in my requirements for a guy to date.

That being said, going back to the visual thing, if it looks good, it attracts attention. What kind of attention? Probably sexual attention, but other sorts of attention will come along with that. Also, once you have someone's attention it opens you up to other things, like dating, or having kids down the line. ect.

SocratesX said:
EVEN if you do find the right cute sweet girl (like Psychologist did) she can still replace you at the DROP OF A ******* HAT. You piss her off once, and she'll be gone.

Relationships are about working through problems. Well, committed ones at least. If she loves you, she'll try to work it out with you.

SofiasMami said:
I find men who take care of their children to be a huge turn-on. Ever try to stay bulked and cut while taking care of an infant? Kinda hard to feed a baby and bench press at the same time. Which would be more important to you? Tell us.

Teresa

Unless you bench press the BABY! ;)

SofiasMami said:

Teresa

I fell off the wagon for 3 days so I look shitty atm.

And I really can't answer the baby comment. One it doesn't make sense, and two, there are just some things I can't bring myself to say.

evolutionary perspective is one way to look at things, but it's not the only way. We're not in the hunting and gathering stage these days. A bulked man, meaning he can defend you and protect you, isn't the only thing that girls only look for a mate. Same is true for guys whose not only looking at how a woman's capability to bare children as the only standard for a girl mate. The way I look at it, we are in the era of loneliness. where as we need things like sexual attraction, ability to support family and self, good-natured and etc, what people (women and men) look for a partner most is the companionship. A good company is a good partner (considering that attraction and chemistry are there already). And that can't be achieved by bulking up.

But, I think it's good that you're trying to promote something healthy and useful, just don't be misled or mislead others by one sided way of thinking.

Proof that you can both: watch your kids and never miss a workout...

BABY-BENCH-PRESSING.jpg

floffyschneeman said:
evolutionary perspective is one way to look at things, but it's not the only way. We're not in the hunting and gathering stage these days. A bulked man, meaning he can defend you and protect you, isn't the only thing that girls only look for a mate. Same is true for guys whose not only looking at how a woman's capability to bare children as the only standard for a girl mate. The way I look at it, we are in the era of loneliness. where as we need things like sexual attraction, ability to support family and self, good-natured and etc, what people (women and men) look for a partner most is the companionship. A good company is a good partner (considering that attraction and chemistry are there already). And that can't be achieved by bulking up.

But, I think it's good that you're trying to promote something healthy and useful, just don't be misled or mislead others by one sided way of thinking.

:D:p <3

SocratesX said:
floffyschneeman said:

:D:p <3

wt* (d)

Socrates I do get what your going at, you have a point but you got stuck at looking at only that one thing.
Working out can help but I think you are dragging it to a point where it is hindering a successful dating life. Cause if I meet a guy that keeps flexing his muscles to prove hat he's he man I will LEAVE, no correction I will run from this guy.
You have mentioned something in another thread, that you ARE VERY picky. This tells me that you are hunting for the wrong women thus causing the bad perseption you have of females. These ALPHA females tend to be heartless, selfish and very fickle they only date men that improve their image and leave at the drop of a hat. In another thread you qoute an article where it stats that ppl with Aspies can not interpet sexual ques. This could also lead to you getting the impression that women are heartless cause they throw out subtle ques of NO intrest that you can not read, ending in them being cruel to get the not intrested point across.

Though bulking up could help in looking better you will end up facing women that only want sex but should flee if you do not have the personality to make it forth the while.
Fact is working out is good, but Socrates I think it's time you put down your weights for a little while and start working on you additude and personality, cause these two are the one that keeps the girl after your bulked up body attracted her attention.

I noticed hubby cause he was cute(not bulked up)looking, but what made me stick around was his ablitity to treat me like a lady, pretty hard to do when to self absorbed in how pumped you are.

Ladysphinx said:
Socrates I do get what your going at, you have a point but you got stuck at looking at only that one thing.
Working out can help but I think you are dragging it to a point where it is hindering a successful dating life. Cause if I meet a guy that keeps flexing his muscles to prove hat he's he man I will LEAVE, no correction I will run from this guy.
You have mentioned something in another thread, that you ARE VERY picky. This tells me that you are hunting for the wrong women thus causing the bad perseption you have of females. These ALPHA females tend to be heartless, selfish and very fickle they only date men that improve their image and leave at the drop of a hat. In another thread you qoute an article where it stats that ppl with Aspies can not interpet sexual ques. This could also lead to you getting the impression that women are heartless cause they throw out subtle ques of NO intrest that you can not read, ending in them being cruel to get the not intrested point across.

Though bulking up could help in looking better you will end up facing women that only want sex but should flee if you do not have the personality to make it forth the while.
Fact is working out is good, but Socrates I think it's time you put down your weights for a little while and start working on you additude and personality, cause these two are the one that keeps the girl after your bulked up body attracted her attention.

I noticed hubby cause he was cute(not bulked up)looking, but what made me stick around was his ablitity to treat me like a lady, pretty hard to do when to self absorbed in how pumped you are.

Hey, good points and thanks for being respectful and not flaming me.

- I have a fairly ugly face, so I need the bod to counter it.

- Also, woah, I was never diagnosed with Aspergers, and I've been well aware of social cues since age 18.

- I will make a thread on this later, but I prefer shy mousy, geeky girls with brown hair, the kind you find at Starbucks. With them, there's no "******" act neccessary, the muscles do the talking, and all I have to do is act tender

Socrates I think that you might find studying 'Body language' very intresting. This can teach you how 'read' a persons mind so to speak. I have found it very useful through the years and intresting and fun. Plus it's pretty accurate, giving the ppl the idea that you kinda reading their thought while you are actually just using the why they sit, stand and walk, using their arms and so on to see what they are thinking. Helps you spot a liar too, saving you to find out the hard way. Just thought to mention it just in case.

i wouldnt go as far as to say that i oppose it.i just agree that thats not as important to everyone as you make it out to be. also it has to do with that persons interests. that doesnt interest me at all. working out isnt fun to me so why do i want to do it? i have literally no interest in it as far as "recreational activity" goes. its just not for me. i dont care if i look "buff", i am comfortable with how i look as is. i am already kind of stocky, thats just how my family is. i am slightly overweight but that is after already losing 40 lbs.

You know, being fit doesnt mean that you have to have a 6-pack. I fence at a fitness center and the ideal physique for fencers is a wiry one. The better to present a smaller target to your opponent. :)

Fencers are sexy. ;) Having read a book on the history of the sword, fencing has immediate associations for me with swashbuckling and chivalry. So, that's pretty cool to me.

Personally, I think anything that fulfills a person and makes them happy (as long as it doesn't harm others.) is beneficial. So, if getting a 6 pack makes you feel better about yourself, by all means, go and get one. :)

SocratesX said:
SofiasMami said:

Teresa

I fell off the wagon for 3 days so I look shitty atm.

And I really can't answer the baby comment. One it doesn't make sense, and two, there are just some things I can't bring myself to say.

She's saying there's more important things in life and about a person than being a bulky meathead. But of course, you didn't pick up on that...

Bulking up does not prevent you from bullying.

I worked with a guy who got picked on in high school, so he decided to hit the weights and bulk up, he had muscle and you could tell. He even got picked on and made fun of by several co-workers that he could have easily beat the crap out of. They were a couple of wimpy stoners so all his muscle did nothing to stop them. He was not a short guy either, he was taller than those two idiots. The only way he could have stopped them from bullying him would to have beaten the daylights out out them. But then what would that accomplish? Nothing, it would have just dragged him down to their level.

Sci-Fi said:
Bulking up does not prevent you from being bullied.

I worked with a guy who got picked on in high school, so he decided to hit the weights and bulk up, he had muscle and you could tell. He even got picked on and made fun of by several co-workers that he could have easily beat the crap out of. They were a couple of wimpy stoners so all his muscle did nothing to stop them. He was not a short guy either, he was taller than those two idiots. The only way he could have stopped them from bullying him would to have beaten the daylights out out them. But then what would that accomplish? Nothing, it would have just dragged him down to their level.

Can I ask what exactly they said to him? That really...well it makes me mad to hear someone is being bullied, and also, what in the world were they picking on him for? Like, what were they saying?

:/

Mean people pick on nice people, regardless of whether the nice person is tougher or not. It's all about who is more manipulative and cold, not who is tougher.

For the record, my best friend from high school was a total manwhore. He was ugly. He looked like a mole, he was covered in acne, he had a horrible disposition, and generally people couldn't tolerate. Hell, I beat him up at least five or six times (serious beatings, lol, he asked for it). But he had confidence, he was unphased by rejection. He would walk up to any girl, what you may call a "10", and the dude got so much pussy. OMG, he was forever banging chicks.

So much of the game can be compensated with boldness and confidence. A lot of the PUA teachers actually say "we are ugly" and "look at all the pussy we get".

Looks aren't everything. It's true.

My ex left me for a total doofus. I'm pretty buff and ripped, I was/am a great provider, I work out seven days a week, I'm 6'4 and range between 220-270 lbs depending on how bulked up I am, brown hair, light blue eyes, and I lay it down in the bedroom, like seriously. She left me for an unemployed dork who plays videogames all day, is unemployed, has other kids he doesn't take care of, can't hold down a job, he is smaller and shorter than me, not any better looking at all. You know why she said? "He had game". LOL, Game (aka- confidence, ability to talk honeysuckle, play the game).

and I'm shy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back