Friends Realizing They've Done You Wrong

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sci-Fi

Watcher
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I couldn't think of a better title :) I'm putting this in the Success sub forum because it's positive things coming out of bad. If you've ever had a friend who crossed you, or maybe you had a falling out and one day they came around and apologized to you.

The first time this happened to me it was all in one day, a horrible day, probably one of the worst ever in high school that involved my friends turning on me, and it's kind of long, sorry. :p

First a little background, I had a friend Jim, who was a friend outside of my regular gang and one of my few male friends. I got paired with him in Autoshop and we had a few things in common, one was we both read and collected comic books. He eventually turned on me, mostly influenced by another guy who thought he could tease me, Jim said some very hurtful things, I didn't care what came out of the other guys mouth because honestly, he had no right to tease me. (If you've seen my nickname thread this is the DarkWing Duck guy). On one crappy day I was waiting for my friends to come pick me up at lunch. Most of them were skipping class, I didn't because I like the class I had before lunch. So on this day I'm standing at the upper window waiting to see my friend Janet's car come up the street. I see them and hurry downstairs and out the door to meet them in the parking lot. I see them turn the corner and go right by the school. My friends ditched me.

I walked down the street by myself and much to my dismay I passed by my friend Jim who was with another of his friends. Jim made a joke about me not having any friends, not like he knew what just happened but this just made me feel worse. I flipped him off and continued on my way ditching my lunch in a garbage can. On the way back to school my friends pass by me and shout out the car, "want a ride" as they continue to go on by. At this point I was really trying to figure out what I did wrong, and I was dreading the next class because 3 of those people were in the same class. I wait until after the bell to go to art class, none of them said anything about what happened. I was getting paint and Janet came to talk to me, she could tell I was mad. I asked her about what she did and she told me she did stop at the school, I wasn't around. I called her on her lie and told her I saw her come up the street and turn the corner, she never stopped at the school. She then told me she had a full car and there was no room for me. My brother was one of these people and he didn't say a word.

I couldn't even sit in the classroom with them so I asked the teacher if I could go get a pop. Which she usually let us do. I went out in the hall and took a moment in the locker bay to sit and be by myself. One of my friends Julie came out to find me. She told me that Janet was the one who didn't want to pick me up, she had a full car and decided to just ditch me. Julie told me that she wanted Janet to just go to the school and we'd all just hang out there instead, apparently the others agreed. Julie felt terrible about what Janet did, and what was shouted at me when they went by me. So when we went back to class Julie told her that next time not to pick her up if she was going to ever do something like that again (to which my brother agreed, he had a huge crush on Julie). It made me feel so much better.

The next class Jim was in, and he sat right next to me. I got to class first and just ignored him when he came in. I could feel him staring at me so I finally looked over at him. He asked me if I was alright and apologized for what he did. I told him what had happened which he apologized again because he felt even worse for making fun of me. Then Darkwing came up asking Jim why he was talking to a loser. Jim informed him he wasn't and the only loser was him, then called him Darkwing and told him to go sit back down. Jim later apologized for some of the rude things he said to me before that and we became friends again.

So all in one day I had friends hurt me, only for them to come around to have it all end with me feeling like I actually had friends who cared. :D

Anyone else have a story like that? Friends or family?

This doesn't relate to the thread topic but more to your point about bullying in school.

I've beat up a few bullies.

In sixth grade I beat up this kid who sexually assaulted a female classmate off school property. In ninth grade I beat up a bully who was calling a new guy in class a Wigger. In tenth grade I stood up for an Autistic kid who was being bullied by the head of the wrestling team and basically punked him in front of the whole class by saying "I won't wrestle you, I'll just stab your ass".

:D

Latest posts

Back