Lonely people, what the hell do you do during the weekend?!?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NIKE

Reaction score
This saturday I planned to go to the gym and then out to lunch with the family. However, that went to hell and they're meeting their friends instead.

I don't know what the hell I'm gonna do tbh. I don't want to stay at home and cry at the fact that I have no friends.

Maybe I'll get some ideas here....

Create somethnig to do! Walk in the park, go take pictures of your favorite spot in town. Read a book, go for a bike ride, go to a book store and read/people watch. Go to a museum. Find a resteraunt that you've never been to before and try it out! There is SO much out there to experience, even if you are alone and you never know you JUST might meet someone. :)

I go to my moms for the weekend to visit her and my brother. When I'm there though I normally just play video games, we don't do much.

Estrios_Vega said:
Create somethnig to do! Walk in the park, go take pictures of your favorite spot in town. Read a book, go for a bike ride, go to a book store and read/people watch. Go to a museum. Find a resteraunt that you've never been to before and try it out! There is SO much out there to experience, even if you are alone and you never know you JUST might meet someone. :)

I like this!

PS. Why are there no thumbs up emoticons?

Going out alone can be just as fun, and it's much better to be alone than out with negative or angry people. Some activities are better alone than others. I'm working on coming out of my shell and getting the courage to talk to strangers...maybe I will meet that special someone while out alone.

LORD OF THE RINGS ONLINE! :D I love this game, and I could play it all day, everyday. And it's free to play, but you're better off playing the 15 bucks a month because The perks are worth it. There's never nothing to do. :)

(and you're supposed to be able to meet people and honeysuckle....?)

if i am not working i dont really do anything. i just play video games and watch movies and tv shows.

I just came out of a long relationship and I am liking going to movies on my own and just taking walks and hanging where I want when I want to. If I want to talk to someone and no one is around I hit the net or go to a local pub and talk to who ever is hanging by themselves. You meet cool people that way.

Pretty much just play video games. If the weather is nice outside I'll get on top of the roof of my house and just stare up in the sky or just watch cars go by the house.

I don't consider myself particularly lonely but some weekends my daughter is with her dad and I've been caught without any solid plans a few times. That's when I really miss having someone to talk to. I always get my fanny out of the house, though, maybe go to my favorite park and walk 3-4 mile laps around the park. I got a membership to a local museum that just opened a $100 million addition, which is doing gang-busters now so I can always go there. I go to the library - it's free!!!! Maybe go to the gym, sweating always seems to be a mood-booster for me. Or read a great book, go to a movie - sometimes by myself if I really want to see one and there's no one to go with. Oh, and before my daughter was born, I went every Saturday morning as a volunteer gardener at the Historic City Cemetery in town here. It's a fabulous Gold Rush-era Victorian-style cemetery with gorgeous landscaping and flora, heritage roses that are found nowhere else in the world - just fantastic. I miss the smell of the dirt and plants and wish I could go back and get dirty!
There's always stuff to do, just pick something and try it!

Teresa

Estrios_Vega said:

Never thought to go take pictures before. That's a good idea. and lol @ "go to a book store and read/people watch." Pretty obvious you're from FL. People watching is awesome! I like doing that at the beach.

I mostly cry and take a pill so I can sleep for 15 + hours. Other than that I don't know really. I wish I knew what it like to have fun and be love.

Latest posts

Back