I don't know how to meet people...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black Star

Reaction score
So i'm a sophomore in college and I while a had a few friends last year (who I lived with in the dorms) after we moved out I just kinda lost touch with them and this year I don't really have anyone I'm really all that close with. I just don't know where or how I'm really supposed to meet people here, it seems all I really do is go to class (massive lectures that really don't encourage socializing) and then come back to my apartment and kill the time watching tv or playing video games. I've never really been one for going to the "events" put on by my school that are supposed to help me meet people, and I feel like people will think I'm wierd or something if they find out that I'm a second year and still haven't met people. Whenever I'm with people they're always talking about their social lives and I feel left out because I don't really have one...Anyways, where's a good place to start for a shy introvert like me to meet people and make new friends?

Well...going to the "events" put on by your school that are supposed to help you meet people. I wouldn't worry about people thinking you are weird, they'll think you are weird for sitting alone in you apartment playing video games and watching TV (which there is nothing wrong with I do it...). You could find things you are interested in and join groups/clubs for that.

know your hobbies and your interests, so when you meet people with the same kind of interests, you will know what to talk about. Act casually and think about this, you are not weird, anywhere at a gathering, someone is probably having the same kind of fears and feels awkward and weird, just like you are feeling. I hope you can find a lot of friends. If not, I can be your friend :)

welcome and have fun at the forum :)

I take you are known with Jung's analytical psychology since you use the word introvert.

Im an extrovert but still i feel lonley becaus ei dont have any real friend, only close known people.
But you need to work on ur person in order to be extrovert. Because then you would like to seek out these events.

I would go if i was you

Latest posts

Back