"Loneliness is such a drag"-Jimi Hendrix

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoonLady

Reaction score
Hello all,

This is my first post and I figured I've write an intro post who I am and why I choose to come here. I am seriously lonely. It has gotten to the point where I am mostly always by myself. I want to make friends but I dont really know how to anymore. I am 22 yrs old and I am about to graduate college. I have lost many of my freinds due to them either being shady or me pushing them away, a combination of the two. I am been hurt a lot in the past by people and it makes me not want to reach out and make friends but at the same time I'd like some company.

I think some of it is also self esteem issues because I am worried about being judged and I always second guess people's motives. I really really really want to get past this and rebuild my life. I am basically holding grudges from like 2 yrs ago. Its really unhealthy and its only left me lonely with my thoughts. Any words of advice on where to start?!

Peace,
MoonLady

Welcome to the site :)

_______
All my loneliness I have felt today
It's like a little more than enough
To make a man throw himself away

Wow you sound a lot like me Moonlady. =l

Welcome to ALL. Well, sorry you're here actually because it means you are lonely. Hopefully you'll figure out what you really want from those around you though and be able to move on.

MoonLady said:
Hello all,

This is my first post and I figured I've write an intro post who I am and why I choose to come here. I am seriously lonely. It has gotten to the point where I am mostly always by myself. I want to make friends but I dont really know how to anymore. I am 22 yrs old and I am about to graduate college. I have lost many of my freinds due to them either being shady or me pushing them away, a combination of the two. I am been hurt a lot in the past by people and it makes me not want to reach out and make friends but at the same time I'd like some company.

I think some of it is also self esteem issues because I am worried about being judged and I always second guess people's motives. I really really really want to get past this and rebuild my life. I am basically holding grudges from like 2 yrs ago. Its really unhealthy and its only left me lonely with my thoughts. Any words of advice on where to start?!

Peace,
MoonLady

Hello MoonLady,
I was bummed out and just posted Jimi's comment on Google and got here. First of all, you are way too young to be blue. I'm 65, divorced, live too far from my children and grand children. Im alone most of the time. I am retired but I am coming out of retirement to go back to work. A lot of times, I just don't even want to live anymore. But first of all, keep a sense of humor. And this sounds crazy, but if you are weak.....at night when you are lone, scared, full of fear....depression....then just
say, "Hey God, I"m in trouble and I need your help!!" be sincere........If you don't believe in God, then pray to your loved ones who have passed on. You see, there is life after death, and it has nothing to do with what you believe and OUR ancestors watch us from the next world......and they want to help us. Pray to friends that you have lost. THEN...it may take time....but something will happen. You will feel "IT".....some kind of coincidence.....event.....but something will happen that will lift you up. You have to remember YOU ARE A VERY SPECIAL MOVIE STAR IN GOD'S MOVIE THEATRE!! AND YOU ARE LOVED. Focus on going to the gym, work on your body......read a good book, go to a movie. I've been to a lot of movies by myself since 94. There is a trick to living with depression, it can get cha if you let it.....but IT WILL Paww too. Learn how to play guitar, sing....just sing to yourself.....take up painting, wood carving....find a hobby and get obsessed with it. Nobody really gives a rat's ass about your life......soooo who cares??? You're not alone.....
Another thing you might want to try is go to a health food store and buy some ginseng extract. Drink a little bottle of that stuff.....and it will lift you up. It does raise your blood pressure....AND after. few times, it won't work anymore.
If anybody understands depression, it's me.....wow......I went thru all sorts of crap....but for the most part....IT WAS MY OWN HEAD....you think the world is out to get cha.....you can't get a break. It passes. I was watching the news and they had this girl on there.....and she was raised in an orphanage and didn't even know who her parents were. She wanted to have somebody JUST TO CELEBRATE her birthday with her. She had NO ONE!!! It was so sad......she was pleading with the public just to get someone to be with her on her birthday. I would have met her, but I had to leave town that weekend. This stuff is a *****, and you are not alone. For some reason, it is just easier to FEEL BAD ABOUT YOURSELF. My parents never made me feel bad about myself....so I blame a lot of it on the church. I was raised Lutheran. Organized religions are out to brainwash you and control.....and most of all TAKE YOUR MONEY!! you know you "have to be saved"....and You "born a sinner". Dont buy into it......Be a queen in your mind....screw everybody.

One day at a time, one person at a time, most of all, TAKE your time.

Some situation, only time helps. In making new friends, key is careful selection.

Welcome to the site.

MoonLady said:
Hello all,

Peace,
MoonLady

Hey Flying Eagle, unfortunately Moon Lady's post was made in 2011 so I wouldn't hold out too much hope for her to reply.

Latest posts

Back