A few poems I wrote

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cosmo

Reaction score
In evening's gloaming garden
Caressed by the sweet warm winds
Shaking, she slips silent, close
And stars rue her radiance

-----

My world has just stopped
Your lips halt its spin
Now all that I feel...
This reeling within.

-----

Pausing, your hand reaching behind, seeking
My own, you examine the works of art
Eyes a-wander silently critiquing
While behind I linger, drifting apart
From you, mesmerized by some thoughtful stroke
Some deceased man made centuries ago.
Grasping the air, unconsciously you poke
My arm, grab my hand and look back, aglow
With a fire inside that all of these men
Despite their mastery of depiction
Could never capture with pigment or pen
No matter their prowess or conviction.
A passionate gaze, coy pull toward your thighs
And I hug you close, true art in your eyes.

-----

There's no more venomous pill to swallow
Than love gone rotten - a heart grown hollow.
It will beat not today, nor tomorrow
Nor 'til I find another's to borrow.
Then to that new pulse I will fain obey
'Til love wanes once more into slow decay.

I like. :) Have you read poets? It looks like you might have. It seems easy to tell when people have and haven't read poetry that's been printed before.

SophiaGrace said:
I like. :) Have you read poets? It looks like you might have. It seems easy to tell when people have and haven't read poetry that's been printed before.

Well I've read some I suppose, yes. Couldn't really tell you who though - I have a terrible memory for names. I had a creative writing class once back in college and heard a lot of poetry in that (though I only wrote prose at the time), both student-created and otherwise. And the long one there is actually a Shakespearean sonnet in iambic pentameter. I've had a couple of classes detailing his works I suppose. Nearly all of my college English courses had a bit of poetry in them, I think. Again these classes were a while ago. And actually I was an Art major, not an English one.

I haven't read many poems as of late, actually. These poems were written in the past year because the mood struck me. All but the last were written for a girl I had been seeing at the time. I wrote several but I like these the best. There's a few bad haikus in the mix there that I left out. =P

Any recommendations for interesting poets?

I haven't actually read much poetry, otherwise I'd recommend you some poets.

The only poetry I've read are by:

Edgar Allan Poe
Emily Dickinson
&
Mary Jo Bang

Interesting. I hadn't heard of the last name but in doing a quick search for a small sample of her work I find her imagery to be a savory and complex jumble of observations. Something that has familiar, almost prose-like phrases arrayed in a stream-of-consciousness kind of fashion. Delightful details in the shifting focus and interesting breaks in the structure which make one reconsider a simple phrase, broken like it is.

Oh, and toss the word "juxtaposed" in there somewhere for good measure. Good hoity-toity critiquing word, juxtaposed. *nodnod*

Latest posts

Back