hey

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nguyenmtony

Reaction score
Hey my name is Anthony, I recently just lost the love of my life. It was a 7 and a half year relationship and due to alot of outside influences mainly her mom she ended up cheating on me and broke my heart. I'm still in love with her and she said she's still in love with me and still says shes my girl yet shes with someone else. she told me that shes miserable with him and wishing she can be with me again but will take time. my heart is crushed i lost my bestfriend my only true friend in this lonely world. just looking to talk to people that have an outlook on my situation.

The best thing to do is no contact for at least two to three months. Its hard to do but its the best option. Give her the chance to miss you. After two or more months see how you feel about her. You may be surprised how different you feel about her after a few months of no contact.

Then, depending on how you feel you can go back to being friends or you can try to get back together if that's what you want.

It sucks that you feel like you lost your best and only friend. Think of this as your chance to start something new and make new friends. (ALL is a decent start I think)

Personally if she's with another guy I'd just try to forget about her altogether. The situation sounds messed up as it is with her mother interfering, try to go on with your life and let the chips fall where they may. I'm a bit biased here because I've had someone who claimed she was committed to me stab me in the back.

The words are worthless!
Her actions say it all.

If she comes back insist on getting her tested for STDs.
Move on.

I'm so sorry for your pain.
It happened to me too.

Don't put your life on hold for her.

Breathe in
Breathe out

If she can tell you that she loves you and is 'your girl' while still being with another man, then how much can you really trust her? And without trust, what kind of a relationship could you have?

I think the advice given previously is right. Take some time away from her to sort out your own feelings. Give yourself time to recover before you even consider whether or not you could take her back (assuming she's even offering that).

Good luck.

I'm sorry you lost her like that Anthony. I hope you can find some comfort here and maybe even some friends!

Latest posts

Back