Lonley and single

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

givingup

Reaction score
Im new here but Im not new to being lonley. Im 30, im single and im starting to think there is something very wrong with me.

I used to hang out with a group of friends, they had girlfriends and boyfriends, they might be single for a week or two, but would always met someone new. I never had anyone, I figured the right guy was out there and one day id find him. I started getting depressed and soon my friends didnt want me around anymore.

I couldnt tell anyone i was lonely because there wasnt anyone to tell. By my mid 20's i was still single and now friendless, so I got determine, I changed jobs, goined the gym, lost lots of weight, had a boob job and went out dressed up and full of my new found conferdance. Well I met someone, he was great, hungout all the time, had fun, i fell in love but he didnt want a relationship. I excepted that until he met someone else. I was heart broken. I crawled back into my shell for about 3years, I think I cryed for the first year.

I then made a new friend, she intreduced me to a guy, we hungout, had fun, got on really well but he didnt want a relationship.... I then met yet another guy, guess what, after 8 months he said we were both getting to close and we couldnt hangout anymore because he didnt want a relationship. I never felt alown when I new him. It knocked the hope out of me. I have asked guys out and been laughed at, called a freak and a stalker. I thorght I was pretty normal but now im starting to giveup. I dont have anyone to go out with and im sick of going out by myself, i feel like a loser. I dont know what to do. Do I just except that this is my life, get some cats and become the town weirdo or do I keep trying to find the missing person in my life?

Well I dont have any advice unfortunately, but I completely understand how u feel. I feel the same with the difference that I was never in a relationship, thus I havent been broken hearted. Dont give up, u might meet a decent guy someday.
Best of luck!

Welcome to the forum :)

I don't really have any advice either, but don't give up.

yer, i never been in a relationship, iv just thorght i have been, lol. maybe il hold off getting the cats for awhile.

Cats.
For some reason that made me laugh.
Must have been a commercial that I saw years ago
with a cowboy on a horse herding cats. Yes, herding cats! (it was funny)
Here it is---------->

I think something must have gone wrong in our society or our age.
In times gone by I think people were less reclusive.
Now we hide behind our screens and wonder why nobody loves us.
You saying "It knocked the hope out of me." really got to me.
I feel the same way. It's like, how many times can a heart be broken before it just dies?

I had a little smidgen of hope a few months ago when I lost 20 lbs.
But I've gained back 12 and hope is fading fast.

If you do get a cat, be sure to get a laser pointer too.
Then you can really have some fun!

Latest posts

Back