A final message from Frodo

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So what do you think of the advice?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aunt Lucy

Reaction score
I was this weekend disposing of a lot of Andy's (Frodo's) old stuff and had in deleting things from his old computer, came across what I believe was a last message to you all. It was in the same vein as his previous postings but looks like it was never sent.

Considering what happened around and after this period, and too the drastic change from what he was then to later (and not to mention now), it did bring tears to my eyes.

That said i see here and in spite of what he was going through here a genuine reaching out to those of you here he loved.

His Lord of the Rings waffle is obviously a focal point for him and much of it ridiculous BUT it is still very pertinent in a funny kind of way and much of it insightful and extremely insightful. A strange kind of wisdom that I hope you all can gain something from. I know it probably means little to him now as he is now BUT the young boy then wanted to put it to you and so for sentimental reasons and for the merits it holds on its own, I post it for you now.

Quest angainst low sel esteem
Lonely, minimised, forgotten, downtrodden, overlooked, overshadowed, underrated and cast aside.
Hard to fight these forces huh?

In this world and life we live in there is something you need to acknowledge. You are unique. There is no-on that knows more of you than you or will experience all that you will or know what you know or think.
In this respect you are special and every bit everyone else's equal.
YOu may not feel it but you are special and you are unique and your humour, your values, your perception of life are all unique.
Because it is unique people will learn from it and it will affect their life in ways perceivable and not. YOu are something special.
You are are far from a mindless orc automaton. You are a personality and I want to experience this lumps and all.

No-one and I repeat no-one has the right to enforce THEIR will on you. That is the sign of a bully. You need to protect yourself again bullies and preserve your integrity and self respect.
Policeman, Friend, Parent, Teacher, Schoolyard Bully, Parent, Partner, Moderator, Boss....none of these people have a right to enforce their will on you nor to deride you personally. Do not accept it.
Beware of anyone who casts threat of censor or punishment for not conforming to their ideals. Beware too ganging up of others with similar power of persuasion and of projection (the righteous calling you out as righteous, the bully calling you for bullying, the lack of respect given by those demanding respect)
You are no better or worse than anyone. Different yes but worse? No. We are all people. Some smarter or more athletic or wiser or whatever but better no, so no-one ought to feel it justified to display these actions.
Furthermore you have to aggressively attack threats of this to maintain your integrity. Some one deliberately pokes you in the eye, break their finger. It may seem like an over reaction but I guarantee they won't try again. You protect your self. If someone fires a snotty comment your way then lambaste them. Chances are they will think twice about doing it again. DO NOT TAKE IT. You are worth more than this.

Protect your loved ones and people you care about and this means each other. Do not let people get picked on. It allows others to thin it is OK.
Protect and expect protection. Remember Bormoir was picking on the hobbits and this broke up the companions. They lost their strength. I believe it was Gandalf's sacrifice in taking on Balrog that really reunited the companions.
Protect others here and learn to accept help. Be kind hearted and yet honest.

Lastly work on you. Find what you love and do it confidently. Make choices in life and own them good or bad. Learn to laugh goodnaturely at yourself and life's peculiarity. Find something good about the day and this will be infectious. It will trick the mind with positivity. You are central to the things that happen around you. So much good happens around YOU and you are mentally acknowledging that without condition the brain will catch on to why this is the case.....between you too are special.

That is how I see it.

We are all companions here. Especially here. Here where the lonely come self-esteem ought to be high on the agenda for us all.
We are dwarves and elves and men all different but all with common desires and strength. Do not let anyone here of all places make you feel belittled, victimised, patronised, threatened or threatened.

Self esteem, my friends, is what I wish on you and no one deserves to hurt or minimise you. You are special. If to no-one else in the world (and I don't believe that) you are to this little Hobbit and I do like you guys from what I have come to know of you

My apologies for the edit there was a damning bit about some of the mods best left out I feel.

Aunt Lucy said:
My apologies for the edit there was a damning bit about some of the mods best left out I feel.

I can assure you that this "damming bit" is just a continuation of the attacks that he insisted on consistently making here and lead to his eventual banning.

Yeah i hope he is doing better, do not know much of what happened but i hope he is doing better.

nerdygirl said:
I hope Frodo is doing better now?

It doesn't sound like he is if she's going through his stuff and packing for him.

I hope he someday gets better though. =l

Never heard of him, but
Aunt Lucy's post made me think that he took his own life or something.
The posts that follow seem to indicate that he's still alive.

I don't think his Lord of the Rings reference is ridiculous at all. It is how some people communicate, they use something, in this case characters that some may know from the books or movies. As a way to convey how they feel if not able to express them. It may seem ridiculous to some, you just have to read between the lines. I do that sometimes myself.

I never knew Frodo/Andy and from the mixed message here it seems that he's either taken his own life, or has gone so far that he will be hospitalized for quite some time. Either way that is very sad to hear.

Oh, I didn't dare to hope he was totally well, but better. Better would be really good. I'd like to think that at some point, he'll be able to live a reasonably "normal" and healthy life.

He's probably on a secret mission to destroy the ring in the fires of Mount Doom.

*shrug*

Good luck, my young hobbit.

Before my time. I do hope this person does fare better in the future, 'tho.

Dear Aunt Lucy ~ Thanks very much for posting the message. Please send Andy/Frodo my love and respect wherever and however he may be. Tonight I'll be saying a prayer for him. He's the best person/hobbit who I've NEVER had the pleasure to meet here! ~ Kindest regards, LGH:)

Latest posts

Back