Finally Saying Hello

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonelygeekguy

Reaction score
So I joined this site months ago, but I couldn't think of what to write. I still don't really know, but I figured I should write something. I'm a lonely 17 year old male in Ontario, Canada.
I really don't think I have it as bad as other people on this site. I have a full family(no issues or complications), and a bunch of friends. But even with all these people around me I still feel incredibly lonely sometimes. All I really want is a relationship. A girl that I can open up to completely. Someone who understands me and someone I can understand. I've been looking everywhere for this girl, but to no avail. I've even joined a bunch of dating sites but I couldn't find her there either. I have an idea of what the girl would be like, but I understand she could be pretty different than what I have in mind.
I've already had a serious relationship, and we cared about each other deeply, but it just didn't work out (although we are now best friends). We had very little in common and got bored. We also wanted different things in life. I learned a lot from that relationship and I feel like I'm ready to find my soulmate, perfect match, whatever you want to call it.
Now I know people will say "You're only 17, you'll have lots of time to find a girl" but I still can't help but feel that its becoming less and less likely that I'll find her.
I don't know what else to say, so that's it for now.

the type of girl you seek is very rare - and non existent at your age

wait til you grow up before you start despairing!

Can I ask you, how do you think you'll know this 'soulmate'? Do you think you'll know them instantly or do you think it'll take time as you get to know the person to realise that this is truly the one for you?

Heya, and welcome to ALL. Can't say I personally believe in the whole 'soulmate' thing, but good luck to you nevertheless.

Thanks for the warm welcomes :)
I guess soulmate wasn't the best term to use. I don't believe that there's someone out there destined for me, but I do think that there are very few girls who would be able to connect with me really well.
And as for how quickly I'll realize if they're would be someone I could fall in love with, its kinda depends on the situation/what we talk about. But really I think it wouldn't take very long, a half an hour tops if I got to talk to her one on one.

Latest posts

Back