Picking Up The Pieces

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
"ForeverAlone" sounded too meme for my tastes. ;)

Hello I'm just a hermit on a loooooong break from college. At the time some of the people I hanged out with referred to me as that agoraphobia loser. Whatever. It's kind of true I guess, spending each day a wreck avoiding the outside world. One day I sort of snapped. "From now on I'll be doing things that make me happy..." & have been abit more extroverted since.
There seems to be people with a very diverse backgrounds here. Whatever the case I enjoy meeting kind people and sharing compassion. Hope we can all get along.

I'm glad that you've managed to change yourself, at least a little, never easy to do. Can I ask, if it's not too personal, why you were avoiding the world in the first place? Just curious.
Thanks and Good luck.

I said:
Can I ask, if it's not too personal, why you were avoiding the world in the first place? Just curious.

What? You mean reasons besides anxiety? Nope, the reasons aren't worth mentioning really. No point dwelling. Everything's starting to get squared away anyways. I can shake hands while making eye contact and everything! Even if I look just abit shaky lol

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Sorry, I was just wondering if there was a specific reason for the anxiety (mostly because you mentioned being called agoraphobic - I wondered if you actually were). I'm glad you're managing to get out and about.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Back