Hobbies

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pretty much just show dogs as my hobby.

But I am a huge movie fan, and I like to rent movies. I also have gotten back into walking and hiking lately.

i use to do a lot photography and bike riding and drawing and painting crapily but now i just obsess on guitar. It makes me feel one dimentional. Boring as hell to talk to.

- fishing
- watching good movies, not the crap Hollywood thinks we want to see. Anything from silent to 80's, 50's noir, Criterion collection, indies and foreign. Also a soft spot for Britcoms.
- DIY projects and seeing if I can repair something before it gets tossed in the bin.
- getting back into playing guitar...quite a bit of thanks to John (johnny196775) for making me want to play again.
- still playing video games at my age...probably will be when I'm 70, I can bet on it.

I have recently gotten more into acrylic painting, but not sure it's reached "hobby" level yet. Certainly neat, all of the tutorials that are out there.

Reading, Crochet, Woodworking (made my own spice rack), hiking and like to dabble more in photography.

I would say my biggest hobby right now is golf. It's the off season here, so already looking forward to spring so I can play again. I also love watching/following sports and playing/listening to music.

Still dogs.

But I loom knit now and my garden was ridiculously productive this year.

-Reading (just about anything)
-Writing (just about anything)
-Learning languages, astronomy, cosmology and math
-Playing and listening to music of just about any kind
-Cooking simple recipes
-Walking

I like wood working stuff though that's slowed down a lot lately.
Been playing some golf but I just don't seem to have a knack for it. Still fun though! 
I used to watch a lot of movies and tv shows been wanting to get back into that too if anyone's got recommendations!
Also a big fan of puzzles whether that's jigsaw puzzles or brainteasers or the kinds you find in escape rooms, love them all!

Toying with Global Thermal Nuclear warheads. They're great to attach to bottle rockets.

You just have to remember to keep the altitude low enough so they don't create giant blasts of EMP waves. The FCC doesn't like that.

iu

Not exactly hobbies, but if I have a leisure time, I like:
reading
drawing //despite I can't
playing guitar//also can't ))
rockclimbing
rollerskating
skiing
writing
walking
playing video games
playing board games
lego
coding sometimes
cross-stitching sometimes
watching the stars

Horror movies, video games (mostly retro RPGs and a couple FPS), musically I wrote and played in metal bands for 17 years, but for privacy reasons I prefer not to discuss that publicly, and I'm a buff for the following academic subjects as a hobby: comparative religion, mythology, anthropology, folklore, and theoretical astrophysics.

TL;DR -- I'm a massive nerd.

In my middle 20s, I found myself to be very financially poor, and I found reading articles on the internet and hanging out at the local libraries and flipping through books there to be a very cheap hobby. So in an effort to save money, I'd smoke a bowl or have a couple whiskey cocktails and launch myself down a Wikipedia rabbit hole, or slap on a documentary on youtube and just listen to it and then do cross-reference research on it later.

Cross-Referencing is a hobby of mine that started probably when I was 14, originally for an assignment in my high school English class. The assignment was pretty simple: Find two movies of a similar genre, and write a compare/contrast essay about them. So, I landed on Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Vanilla Sky. I actually really enjoyed the assignment, and as a teen I'd never really thought of doing that before so I began to naturally do that with everything as a hobby.

I go to gym everyday.
I watch TV news and Youtube.
I go to local bar to have a cocktail and watch people once a month.
Before COVID-19, I would go on vacation overseas by myself twice a year.

Latest posts

Back