To shave my head, or not? (women only please)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

To shave or not to shave

• Shaved

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • A little around the sides

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

A new life

Reaction score
COMMENTS DESIRED BUT PLEASE SEE POLL ABOVE AND VOTE TOO

I have the ubiquitous "horseshoe" baldness
(nothing on top but the sides and back still grow)

I'd jump off of a bridge before getting a "rug"
And the "friar" look (long sides and no top) is OUT!

So as I see it, I only have two choices.

Ladies, which do you prefer in bald-headed guys,

Completely shaven down to the skin?

OR

A little hair around the sides?

If my dude had that horseshoe thing going on, I'd just tell him to go ahead and shave it all off. It's like holding onto bag handles with no bag.

You could always shave everything except peyos. That'd be interesting... but then you'd have to grow a beard to match it.

Seriously though, it really depends on your face shape and stuff which would look better. Some guys simply should not go completely bald. It doesn't look good.

Go Captain Picard.

jean-luc-picard-7.jpg

SophiaGrace said:
Shave it all off. o_o Or, get a hair transplant.

You gave me a laugh by reminding me of the only person I ever knew
to get a hair transplant. He ran out of money early on in the project
and he looked absolutely ridiculous. But this was back in the 80's, and
the procedure has probably improved greatly since then.

A new life,

I don't know about anyone else, but once a guy hits his twenties, I think the shaved head can be a sexy look for men--whether they are cutting it because they are losing their hair or not!

Shave it! If you don't like it, it will grow back!

I find bald men sexier than men clinging to bits of hair. Of course, I find bald men sexy anyway.

Mmmm... Patrick Stewart. HE'S so sexy that sometimes, I go and stroke my autographed playbill just to swoon that I'm touching something he touched.

It's not the size of your ship, it's the motion in the ocean.

Oh wait, wrong analogy.

It depends on the person. Some look okay with really closely cropped (balding) but still being able to see the hair pattern.

It's kind of like a 5 o'clock shadow for your nugget!

It's stupid to ask women what they think you should do with your hair. It's your hairstyle, do what you want. Women don't know what they want in anything. They don't know anything about men's bodies, so don't ask them what they think you should do with your body. If you shave your head for them, the next thing you know they are walking all over you telling you what to do in everything. That's what they want, power over you. Do what makes YOU comfortable.

To me it seems like shaving your head would be a pain in the ass. You have to shave it every day to keep it shaved. And you have to deal with cuts that will happen when you are trying to shave the back of your head every day. I would get an electric trimmer and keep the hair trimmed to about one inch all around. Keep the neck and sideburns trimmed and trim around the ears.

The fact is that regardless of what women say about what they want, what they are responding to is just social stimuli and socialization. If they say that they like shaved head guys, it's because they associate shaved head guys with celebrities because that is a "cool" look with celebrities and "cool" people. Whereas the "horse-shoe" bald guys they don't like because they don't think of them as being cool, because that is the image that is projected in the media and society about guys with that look. You're going to be whatever you are regardless of what they think you are when they first see you, so don't try to project an image that isn't you just to please someone else.

Seriously. Don't listen to what women say when they tell you how to wear your hair or clothes or anything else. First of all, you don't want the superficial women who want you because of how you look, and secondly, if you get those women, they will find out who you are anyway and if it's not the image that they wanted, they will dump you fast.

Thank god a thread about hair doesn't have "helmet/emo" hair as an option. That honeysuckle freaks me out.

---

On-topic: It depends on the face and head,obviously. Sometimes the face fits but the head is just big as hell and doesn't look good,but sometimes the opposite happens. Besides,if you're tanned to the point of your hair matching your skin,the whole thing changes completely

I
Shutter said:
It's stupid to ask women what they think you should do with your hair. It's your hairstyle, do what you want. Women don't know what they want in anything. They don't know anything about men's bodies, so don't ask them what they think you should do with your body. If you shave your head for them, the next thing you know they are walking all over you telling you what to do in everything. That's what they want, power over you. Do what makes YOU comfortable.

To me it seems like shaving your head would be a pain in the ass. You have to shave it every day to keep it shaved. And you have to deal with cuts that will happen when you are trying to shave the back of your head every day. I would get an electric trimmer and keep the hair trimmed to about one inch all around. Keep the neck and sideburns trimmed and trim around the ears.

The fact is that regardless of what women say about what they want, what they are responding to is just social stimuli and socialization. If they say that they like shaved head guys, it's because they associate shaved head guys with celebrities because that is a "cool" look with celebrities and "cool" people. Whereas the "horse-shoe" bald guys they don't like because they don't think of them as being cool, because that is the image that is projected in the media and society about guys with that look. You're going to be whatever you are regardless of what they think you are when they first see you, so don't try to project an image tha.t isn't you just to please someone else.

Seriously. Don't listen to what women say when they tell you how to wear your hair or clothes or anything else. First of all, you don't want the superficial women who want you because of how you look, and secondly, if you get those women, they will find out who you are anyway and if it's not the image that they wanted, they will dump you fast.

YUMPIN YIMINY!
Where did that come from?

"It's stupid to ask women what they think you should do with your hair."

Great way to start!

"And you have to deal with cuts that will happen when you are trying to shave the back of your head every day"
Actually I've been shaving my head since the 80's and can't remember the last time I cut myself.

"The fact is that regardless of what women say about what they want, what they are responding to is just social stimuli and socialization. If they say that they like shaved head guys, it's because they associate shaved head guys with celebrities because that is a "cool" look with celebrities and "cool" people. Whereas the "horse-shoe" bald guys they don't like because they don't think of them as being cool, because that is the image that is projected in the media and society about guys with that look."
Rather than read their minds, I thought I'd ask women what they find more attractive. There are many things that we do to "fit in" and be accepted. Change our clothes daily, bathe, comb our hair (ok, bad example in my case), maintain good oral hygiene, etc.... And this is my choice not "theirs" since I've already ruled out things that I will not do (rug, transplants, the "friar" look)

Lots of women spend an unbelievable amount of time on their appearance.
AND I FOR ONE AM GLAD THAT THEY DO!
(that lesbian truck-driver look not withstanding)
So, taking this one small thing into consideration (to shave my head close or let it grow 1/2 an inch) doesn't seem like I'm letting "them" run my life.
It's my decision.

If it's your decision, don't ask women what you should do. Like I said, if you shave your head because women say they like it, they are only saying that they like it because they associate that look with a certain type of guy. If you are not that type of guy, it's not going to work out for you anyway.

renagraham said:
A new life said:

OR

Better a bald head than no head at all

Wut?

EveWasFramed said:
renagraham said:
A new life said:

OR

Better a bald head than no head at all

Wut?

+1

Latest posts

Back