Hello

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isolation

Reaction score
My name is Lizzie I am 24 years old and I live in London, England.
I am here because I am extremely lonely in life; I think this is due to several factors: I don't trust anyone due to past experiences; I think people avoid me in general because I'm assuming they think I am "weird"; I don't know how to establish "normal" relationships as every one I had in life was dysfunctional; finally, I am extremely sensitive and emotionally very unstable.
I feel alone and wonder if things will ever get better for me and how?
I feel like a freak, all I'd like is to feel loved.
My latest boyfriend broke up with me after 6 months this weekend and I blame myself; I am insecure, jealous and generally impossible.
What is wrong with me?
Does anyone feel the same?
Could anyone help me?
Thank you

You need to figure out what a dysfunctional person doesn't look like and then go for those sorts of people. :)

hey isolation welcome to the forum

*hugs*

:)

I'm sorry about the breakup but don't blame yourself sometimes things just don't work out, and there's nothing you can do about it

you're not a freak, you'e yourself which is awesome

and if you learn to be more comfortable with yourself and more confident, it becomes easier to make fiends

confiedence is imortant and fake it till you make it

Welcome to the site.

Hello *waves*

There is nothing wrong with you. Weird is better than so called normal. You just need to work on the issues you have, you seem to know exactly what they are, so now comes the hard part, figuring out how to change them and keep doing it. It's a heck of a lot easier to slip back into old habits than it is to keep the new ones. You can only help yourself, you have to be willing to make changes in your life and keep working on them.

Hey Lizzie, sorry about your breakup... but I hope you can find what you're looking for here. Enjoy your stay!

PS: You're not a freak.

Latest posts

Back