Yo

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whocares

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

just wanted to say hello for the first time.

I'm a 21 year old college student. At this point I'm about 70-80% satisfied with my life during any given time. I'm pretty lonely at school but I have friends..back home that is. Great friends. Guys I've cried with, call my brothers, would take a bullet for, etc.

But away at college things are different. I've haven't had much luck making friends. I've tried. Even hung with some guys for quite a while. No real close friends though. I feel fortunate that I know what a true friend is. In this life you're lucky if you've got (had) one true real friend. I've been blessed to have several and I'm only 21. But, again, they're back home.

I'm not a bad looking dude. In fact, when I'm feeling good about myself I can turn quite a few heads BUT for some reason I can't feel good about my self 24/7. I'm so god*amn self concious. It literally drives me crazy. It's like i KNOW how to act but I just can't.

What I really want to be is a stand up comedian. I've done it several times already, 7 times in fact. I LOVE DOING IT. I've felt like a king everytime i've gotten off stage and it's such a great feeling. I've gotten some big laughs before too. But, again, this is away from school. The times I've done stand up I've driven to Chicago or Indianapolis.

College, to me, is just a weird, LONELY time for me. I literally hang with 0 people down here. I don't get into the frat scene because i refuse to kiss ass just to have 'freinds'. I guess another problem for me is chicks. I feel like that's the one area of my life that's never been on course. Never been great with girls. I've been on dates, had sex, etc but I've never had a girlfriend. Fvcked up huh? Yea tell me about it.

Anyways just wanted to say YO

Hey! I totally get the college thing. It's difficult to make and keep friends! It's way different than when your in high school and forced to see the same people everyday.

Hey! I totally get the college thing. It's difficult to make and keep friends! It's way different than when your in high school and forced to see the same people everyday.

Welcome man. My college experience was somewhat similar as far as friends go. It can be very lonely. If I didn't have my two friends (brothers for me too) back home to pick me up I don't know what I'd be today. We are blessed to at least have a few good friends, even if they aren't around all the time.

I hope you can meet some people here at least.

Latest posts

Back